• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Champ should be Ready

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not sure how I missed this earlier but I guess Champ Bailey was a healthy Scratch this last week. The Bronco coaches didn't want him to play on the turf at Cowboys stadium because it is the same turf that they have in Seattle where he injured his foot. So good news is it sounds like Champ is back. I guess the Jaguars game will be a good warm up for him.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is good news. I guess we then get Miller back at Indy, right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do get Miller back after the Jaguar game! Seems like lately all we have had is bad injury news with players dropping like flies so it is nice to finally hear that some of our guys are coming back. I'm just hoping we can make it to the bye week so some of these guys that have been nicked up can get healthy. Going to need them all for that tough stretch run of @San Diego (although should be a win), KC, @NE, @KC after the bye week.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do get Miller back after the Jaguar game! Seems like lately all we have had is bad injury news with players dropping like flies so it is nice to finally hear that some of our guys are coming back. I'm just hoping we can make it to the bye week so some of these guys that have been nicked up can get healthy. Going to need them all for that tough stretch run of @San Diego (although should be a win), KC, @NE, @KC after the bye week.

Definitely good news to have Champ and Miller back. Could make significant improvement to a defense that can obviously stand a bit of improvement over its Dallas performance.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely good news to have Champ and Miller back. Could make significant improvement to a defense that can obviously stand a bit of improvement over its Dallas performance.

Yeah honestly through these first 5 games I haven't taken too much of what our defense has done seriously for how we will do to close out the season on defense. Von Miller is one of the top 3 impact players on any defense in the NFL and honestly from what I understand the Broncos actually wrote the playbook for defense based on what they could do with Von Miller so when you are missing such an important piece it makes life difficult. Honestly I have been impressed with the scheme that Del Rio has tried to run other than this last game of course but that can be attributed more to injury than anything else.

Champ as well makes a huge difference as last year he was the guy that was calling all the Secondary adjustments out on the field. When you not only lose a great player but then a leader of a group it obviously takes a hit so excited to see what the secondary can do with him back.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sit Champ again for the Jaguars game. Additionally, I would sit all of the players that had an injury in last Sunday's game. The Jaguars are the closest thing that we're going to get to a bye week when a game is actually being played. We don't need to beat them by 30 points, just get a win and help our team's long term outlook by focusing on their health. I think Champ can get ready for the Indianapolis game through good practices and drawing from his long history as a great football player. Indianapolis would be a great game to have all of our starters back on the field, including Mr. Von Miller. Go Broncos!!

MH64

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sit Champ again for the Jaguars game. Additionally, I would sit all of the players that had an injury in last Sunday's game. The Jaguars are the closest thing that we're going to get to a bye week when a game is actually being played. We don't need to beat them by 30 points, just get a win and help our team's long term outlook by focusing on their health. I think Champ can get ready for the Indianapolis game through good practices and drawing from his long history as a great football player. Indianapolis would be a great game to have all of our starters back on the field, including Mr. Von Miller. Go Broncos!!

MH64

I honestly wouldn't mind of Champ at least played a little in the Jaguar game just to get him some game speed before he goes up against the likes of Reggie Wayne.

I do agree with the idea of resting some of our guys that were hurt this last week. Only problem with some of that though is you only have so many players on the roster so it is hard to rest too many of them because we were already digging at the bottom of the barrel to field a defense last Sunday.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah honestly through these first 5 games I haven't taken too much of what our defense has done seriously for how we will do to close out the season on defense. Von Miller is one of the top 3 impact players on any defense in the NFL and honestly from what I understand the Broncos actually wrote the playbook for defense based on what they could do with Von Miller so when you are missing such an important piece it makes life difficult. Honestly I have been impressed with the scheme that Del Rio has tried to run other than this last game of course but that can be attributed more to injury than anything else.

Champ as well makes a huge difference as last year he was the guy that was calling all the Secondary adjustments out on the field. When you not only lose a great player but then a leader of a group it obviously takes a hit so excited to see what the secondary can do with him back.

I am very excited about how much having Miller and Champ back will boost our defense. Should be a great chance to see that against Indy next week. They seem to have emerged early in the season as perhaps our top competition in the AFC.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MH64

I get what you're saying, but Champ should absolutely play if healthy. Give that man a warm up game before the tougher test on the road against the Colts.

Really, I'd like to see this game end up like a third preseason game. Get the starters out of there by the middle of the third quarter. Of course, the only way that's possible is if the team is up big, so come out aggressive early and salt the game away so we can get guys healthy.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MH64
I agree with above that if Champ was a healthy scratch last week, there's no additional help to be had sitting him longer. He needs some game reps, and the Jaguars game should be a good one to get him back to speed before Indy.

Start the starters, build up a BIG lead, then see what the second string does in the late third and 4th quarters.