• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chad Ochocinco : Professional boxer

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems kind of cool, but then again, where is the outrage? I haven't heard any arguments about how the money he will earn in this fight could have went to another "real" boxer, in the way the Tebow argument has been made.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems kind of cool, but then again, where is the outrage? I haven't heard any arguments about how the money he will earn in this fight could have went to another "real" boxer, in the way the Tebow argument has been made.
Really? Trying to tie ocho cinco boxing to tebow? Sad flex.

nice link btw. You couldnt even get that right.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If YouTube jerkoffs are pocketing multi-million dollar deals for pro boxing matches then literally anyone with some sort of recognizable name can.

The sport of boxing has become a literal joke.
i dunno man, lots of folks here think floyd's fights aren't for show......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man, lots of folks here think floyd's fights aren't for show......
Lol Floyd is just buffing his stats & pocketbook with the lowest hanging fruit imaginable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down Goes Ocho!!!!!!!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything that draws attention to boxing is a good thing.

I do see the upper level boxers as the best conditioned athletes n the world.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything that draws attention to boxing is a good thing.

I do see the upper level boxers as the best conditioned athletes n the world.
I'd go with Cross fit professional athletes like Matt Frazer, or Rich Froning or the women from Iceland. The people who perform in the Spartan races are pretty fit also3d552e5f2acfe396f777873233244e2c--crossfit-athletes-crossfit-women.jpgAnnie-Sara-Katrin.jpg

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Cross fit professional athletes like Matt Frazer, or Rich Froning or the women from Iceland. The people who perform in the Spartan races are pretty fit alsoView attachment 271880View attachment 271881

One of many....

From what I know and have read, I can easily narrow the discussion down to two sports; boxing and soccer.

Boxing

Youtube clip

American sports fans are usually quick to name boxing as the most physically demanding sport in the world. There is usually months between matches for professional boxers like Floyd Mayweather Jr., Miguel Cotto, or Manny Pacquiao. During this period there is intense training tuned specifically to the boxer's next opponent.

Boxing at the highest level requires a plethora of physical and mental abilities. Not only must a boxer be in absolute top physical condition, they must also be extremely sharp mentally.

A boxer is required to have superb coordination, foot speed, strength, power, quickness, and endurance in order to have even the least bit of success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A panel of experts made up of sports scientists from the United States Olympic Committee, academicians who study the science of muscles and movement, a star two-sport athlete, and journalists who spend their professional lives watching athletes succeed and fail conducted a study on the toughest sport.

They scored out of 10 on an athlete’s endurance, speed, strength, power, agility, flexibility, nerve, durability, hand-eye coordination and analytical aptitude (10 being the highest).

Boxing came out on top, scoring highest of all 60 sports tested and analysed with a score of 72.38 out of 110.

We can’t argue with that outcome, can you? Here’s a good guide to get you started i

Last edited:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of many....

From what I know and have read, I can easily narrow the discussion down to two sports; boxing and soccer.

Boxing

Youtube clip

American sports fans are usually quick to name boxing as the most physically demanding sport in the world. There is usually months between matches for professional boxers like Floyd Mayweather Jr., Miguel Cotto, or Manny Pacquiao. During this period there is intense training tuned specifically to the boxer's next opponent.

Boxing at the highest level requires a plethora of physical and mental abilities. Not only must a boxer be in absolute top physical condition, they must also be extremely sharp mentally.

A boxer is required to have superb coordination, foot speed, strength, power, quickness, and endurance in order to have even the least bit of success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A panel of experts made up of sports scientists from the United States Olympic Committee, academicians who study the science of muscles and movement, a star two-sport athlete, and journalists who spend their professional lives watching athletes succeed and fail conducted a study on the toughest sport.

They scored out of 10 on an athlete’s endurance, speed, strength, power, agility, flexibility, nerve, durability, hand-eye coordination and analytical aptitude (10 being the highest).

Boxing came out on top, scoring highest of all 60 sports tested and analysed with a score of 72.38 out of 110.

We can’t argue with that outcome, can you? Here’s a good guide to get you started i
There is a doc out called the Fittest on Earth and I'll give you a clue and say its not about boxing or soccer. My son was an all state stand out in football, in fact on his his teammates that he was captain of just got drafted by Indy in the first round, Kwity Paye. He was also All New England in Rugby and played Lacrosse. When he went to college for pre-med, he didn't have time to commit to these sports and went to do cross fit, After his first practice, he puked outside and said it was the hardest and most conditioning sport he has ever done , and he has done the Tough Mudder, while his cousin, my nephew is a Spartan athlete. Yes boxing and soccer, you become conditioned but nowhere near crossfit, which taxes not only your lungs, muscles , cardio etc. Imagine running 2 miles with a weighted vest, then swim a few miles, then climb up and down ropes, then do dead lifts, snatches etc etc

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait for it.

There is a doc out called the Fittest on Earth and I'll give you a clue and say its not about boxing or soccer. My son was an all state stand out in football, in fact on his his teammates that he was captain of just got drafted by Indy in the first round, Kwity Paye. He was also All New England in Rugby and played Lacrosse. When he went to college for pre-med, he didn't have time to commit to these sports and went to do cross fit, After his first practice, he puked outside and said it was the hardest and most conditioning sport he has ever done , and he has done the Tough Mudder, while his cousin, my nephew is a Spartan athlete. Yes boxing and soccer, you become conditioned but nowhere near crossfit, which taxes not only your lungs, muscles , cardio etc. Imagine running 2 miles with a weighted vest, then swim a few miles, then climb up and down ropes, then do dead lifts, snatches etc etc

6 minutes.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is boxing the most physically demanding sport?

Boxing. The Sweet Science. That's the sport that demands the most from the athletes who compete in it. It's harder than football, harder than baseball, harder than basketball, harder than hockey or soccer or cycling or skiing or fishing or billiards or any other of the 60 sports we rated.

More

Expert Analysis

Getting a group of elite athletes from a large range of sports to undertake a series of standardized test would be practically impossible. The alternative is to get experts in sports science, physiologists, trainers and coaches, to rate how they think the athletes would perform in the tests and determine the fittest sports that way. A few groups have tried this approach.

Boxing tops the ESPN List
ESPN decided to determine which sport is the most demanding. First it identified ten skills that go into athleticism, then asked a group of experts to assign a number from 1 to 10 to each of these skills (see more details and the ESPN full list). This analysis was applied to 60 sports, and the sport of Boxing was determined to be the most demanding. Here is their list of the top ten most demanding sports: Boxing, Ice Hockey, Football (Gridiron), Basketball, Wrestling, Martial Arts, Tennis, Gymnastics, Baseball, Soccer.

More

What is the Fittest Sport?
Below are my top 10 sports considered I consdier to be among the highest in fitness requirements. This is just personal opinion - there have been other attempts to more accurately determine the world's fittest sports - such as my calculation and via online ratings of fitness components.

The results of a few sports comparisons, testing and analysis came up with the sports of boxing, skiing and squash as the owners of the title of the World's Fittest Sport. It could be argued that many other sports are also worthy of the title. I'll let you make up your own mind. See the competition to determine the World's Fittest Sport.

1. Boxing
You can't go past boxing as the sport requiring the greatest all round levels of fitness. Aerobic endurance, strength, power, speed, agility and flexibility are all extremely important for success in boxing. I would make sure I was extremely fit too if I had to get in a ring with someone who wanted to bash me up.

It goes on and on nd on and,,,,,,

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 minutes.
Cool thing about Crossfit as you know is they name the events after fallen soldiers. The Murph was named after Michael Murphy who was portrayed in that great movie Lone Survivor. Here is the 1 event in detail
The workout: A 1-mile run, followed by 100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 unweighted squats, followed by another 1-mile run. In its most elite form, athletes complete it while wearing a 20-pound weight vest, and they must do each set of calisthenics consecutively—all 100 pullups first, then the pushups, and so on.

Floyd Mayweather would shit his pants and quit halfway thru

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool thing about Crossfit as you know is they name the events after fallen soldiers. The Murph was named after Michael Murphy who was portrayed in that great movie Lone Survivor. Here is the 1 event in detail
The workout: A 1-mile run, followed by 100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 unweighted squats, followed by another 1-mile run. In its most elite form, athletes complete it while wearing a 20-pound weight vest, and they must do each set of calisthenics consecutively—all 100 pullups first, then the pushups, and so on.

Floyd Mayweather would shit his pants and quit halfway thru

Do you honestly believe a cross fitter can keep the gloves up in round 10?