• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chad Henne broke his Ankle; Speaks and Kemp Getting Surgery

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think Henne could win many games with this roster, not sure Shurmur could win any.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Chiefs are bringing in Matt Moore.
h25A9849E

My meme game is pretty weak but....Matt Moore? Yikes.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shudder to think what shape we'll be in if Money goes down...

does it matter? anything short of the SB this year will disappoint most chiefs fans and they aren't getting there with any back-up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it matter? anything short of the SB this year will disappoint most chiefs fans and they aren't getting there with any back-up.
It's more the 1-2 game absence that the handwringing would be about. It kinda gets washed out as it was a one and done season with Smith at QB, but Nick Foles held the fort and beat (or didn't suck badly enough to lose might be more accurate) two bad teams at the time in the Colts and Jags. Resulted in a 2 seed and bye. I don't expect the Chiefs to just lap the field on the Pats/Chargers/Browns in the regular season to where they can cruise.

Could a Shurmur led squad beat the Raiders and Broncos? Titans? Colts? I don't think so.

If Mahomes were out for 4+ weeks the team is probably (read: almost certainly) screwed one way or another.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup QB handwringing aside, Speaks continues to ... look about as meh a pick as he did the day he was drafted. Alex Okafor is what people optimistically hoped Speaks could be... IJS.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more the 1-2 game absence that the handwringing would be about. It kinda gets washed out as it was a one and done season with Smith at QB, but Nick Foles held the fort and beat (or didn't suck badly enough to lose might be more accurate) two bad teams at the time in the Colts and Jags. Resulted in a 2 seed and bye. I don't expect the Chiefs to just lap the field on the Pats/Chargers/Browns in the regular season to where they can cruise.

Could a Shurmur led squad beat the Raiders and Broncos? Titans? Colts? I don't think so.

If Mahomes were out for 4+ weeks the team is probably (read: almost certainly) screwed one way or another.

Agreed. I don't think this chiefs team is nearly as well rounded as that eagles team to be able to 'Carry' an average QB to the super bowl. They need mahomes healthy.