• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Censored has arrived on the Hoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shouldn’t you be worshipping your virgin hippie?

Interesting.. I would argue that these kind of remarks would be more offensive than calling LJ 8-ball. He's literally poking fun at someone for worshiping Jesus.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.. I would argue that these kind of remarks would be more offensive than calling LJ 8-ball. He's literally poking fun at someone for worshiping Jesus.
Probably should reserve this discussion for the PF.

This is sort of reaching, no? Forgive me for those that disagree...

But religion mockery, aka blasphemy, is not a moral equivalent to racism. Racism is pure evil, and while blasphemy can be offensive; it’s just being critical of an idea.

But being offended is the root problem here. I was simply commenting on the comparison.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we refer Joe Flacco as cue ball then? :noidea: Asking for a friend

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I prefer to mix my wit with my nit... :thumb: But to each his own.

You brought up the point in another post that if you did go overboard you were quick to message someone with an apology. Maybe when someone first pointed out the potentially racist innuendos you could have cleared the air better so that nobody got offended from that point forward. Or maybe you did but someone just entrenched themselves in their beliefs based on previous opinions. I've seen it happen both ways. But here we are. We'll live & learn en sech. FWIW I haven't personally felt that your 8ball or Buckwheat posts were racist but I haven't seen you use them often. All I know is some people have taken offense to it.

The whole thing in a nutshell is that any reasonably intelligent person knows you can't be a human and never get offended....If you're fat, skinny, big nose, snort laugh etc....I can't accept the pansy attitudes of males who don't know how to be a man , and women who are too touchy to speak to...
You know If I think something is funny, I'm gonna say it, without reservation for skin color...
It just shows that one of those colors are way more sensitive than the others now a days....
But I am an Equal Opportunity Insulter.....:D

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Oldschool739 sounds like he needs the tgann treatment. :pound:

He's still in your head ain't he ???
If I recall, you used a g@y insult to attack him with that avatar you created...
Why didn't you get called out for that, different rules for admins ???

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this really a thread looking for support of clearly racist slurs?

JFC, 8-ball and Buckwheat are no different than Spade or Jiggaboo.

If you wouldn't say it to a black man's face without a fight happening, you shouldn't use it in public-message board included

Today I learned new racist slang in a post condemning racism!

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't change your post. Why would I? Yes I told you stop referring to Lamar Jackson as 8 ball because everyone knows you do because he's black and you hate the idea of the Ravens QB being a black man. He had a really nice season last year, but did that help? Nope his skin is still black.
Don't like it ? Too bad. We don't care. Tired of the racism from you and it's going to stop on this board and this site.
I also told you to stop with political remarks outside of the PF. Same thing, it's going to stop.

What does being black have to do with the name 8-Ball? Seriously, I must be missing some context here.

And why did you call me racist again?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what stopped you from using Buckwheat? That was the original name you used if I recall correctly.
4fbd37e9b9253ed8533043c12658535a.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does being black have to do with the name 8-Ball
Context. He started out with buckwheat and has shown his disdain for black QBs in numerous subtle racist remarks. If you were a regular on the NFL General you would know and won't need to ask or explained to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.