• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics looked lost 20 games in

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the kyrie injury status?

not good seeing him leave with a knee injury

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a message board, G. We talk about what's going on. Things we know.

The Celtics have been wildly inconsistent this year
Kyrie Irving reached out Lebron and passively criticized the "young players on the roster"

Maybe everything is just peachy keen in Boston. But it is not unreasonable to suggest that there may be some dissension.
Of course it's a message board... I'm not suggesting we shouldn't discuss stuff, even do some guess work.

And I'm certainly not suggesting that everything is "peachy keen" in Boston.

Just pointing out a relevant fact: that the clear majority of stuff that out there right now and the past month is noise.
flyer said:
I don't think the Celtics are chaotic. I do think that there are players that viewed the Celtics treatment of IT as more than a little cold-blooded.

If you think everything is fine and this is all bullshit, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. But I don't think talking about it is crazy. Anymore than talking about the Lakers situation being a mess right now is crazy. Or talking about whether the Sixers can feed all their hungry mouths and keep Butler happy is crazy.
Again... I have no problem with talking about stuff on a message board.

With regards to the Celtics, though... any talk that is critical of what happened with IT is based in a (mistaken, IMO) "no win" type of logic:

1.) The C's stick by IT and back up the Brink's truck for him. Their team is in a worse position both short term and long term... and less able to compete for a championship. Free Agents out there are probably less likely to come to the Celtics, as well. Boston loses.

2.) The C's trade IT for Kyrie. The Celtics team is clearly better as a result and better able to compete for a championship. But that's some "cold-blooded" and heartless sh!t (apparently)... players out there probably have a dim eye of the C's now. They will sell you out in a heartbeat (apparently). Boston loses? (I guess is the upshot)

So... it's plain that this logic has painted Boston into a lose-lose scenario. That's proof enough that it's faulty, IMO... and the mistake is clear: it's emotional thinking instead of business thinking... and anyone who buys into it is therefore either too emotional or failing to take into account the cost of the alternative.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's a message board... I'm not suggesting we shouldn't discuss stuff, even do some guess work.

And I'm certainly not suggesting that everything is "peachy keen" in Boston.

Just pointing out a relevant fact: that the clear majority of stuff that out there right now and the past month is noise.

Again... I have no problem with talking about stuff on a message board.

With regards to the Celtics, though... any talk that is critical of what happened with IT is based in a (mistaken, IMO) "no win" type of logic:

1.) The C's stick by IT and back up the Brink's truck for him. Their team is in a worse position both short term and long term... and less able to compete for a championship. Free Agents out there are probably less likely to come to the Celtics, as well. Boston loses.

2.) The C's trade IT for Kyrie. The Celtics team is clearly better as a result and better able to compete for a championship. But that's some "cold-blooded" and heartless sh!t (apparently)... players out there probably have a dim eye of the C's now. They will sell you out in a heartbeat (apparently). Boston loses? (I guess is the upshot)

So... it's plain that this logic has painted Boston into a lose-lose scenario. That's proof enough that it's faulty, IMO... and the mistake is clear: it's emotional thinking instead of business thinking... and anyone who buys into it is therefore either too emotional or failing to take into account the cost of the alternative.

Option 3 would’ve been not making a trade and letting him walk this past summer.

And they have an injured Michael porter jr who hasn’t been healthy enough to play yet. But who would’ve gone top 3 if he was healthy.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option 3 would’ve been not making a trade and letting him walk this past summer.
Nah... the option you propose still would have been "cold-blooded" and heartless.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Celtics made the right choice. But that doesn't mean that the players all feel that way. For us it's all about the Ws and the laundry. For the players, there is a direct impact on their lives. And I think it is not unreasonable to believe that some of them may feel it was a bit too cold hearted.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics made the right choice. But that doesn't mean that the players all feel that way. For us it's all about the Ws and the laundry. For the players, there is a direct impact on their lives. And I think it is not unreasonable to believe that some of them may feel it was a bit too cold hearted.
You've again trapped the C's into a lose-lose scenario...
  • C's dump IT and some NBA players look down on the Celtics for being "cold blooded"
  • C's keep/pay IT, and some NBA players would undoubtedly look down on the Celtics for not being an organization that is clearly focused on winning a NBA championship.
Given such a choice, a professional sports team should err on the side of doing their job and winning championships 10 times out of 10... and I daresay most professional athletes would agree with that, as well.

If any fan or player or media type still wants to be critical of the choice, then I'll stand by my earlier critique that such a person is either thinking too emotionally or not considering the cost of the alternative.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've again trapped the C's into a lose-lose scenario...
  • C's dump IT and some NBA players look down on the Celtics for being "cold blooded"
  • C's keep/pay IT, and some NBA players would undoubtedly look down on the Celtics for not being an organization that is clearly focused on winning a NBA championship.
Given such a choice, a professional sports team should err on the side of doing their job and winning championships 10 times out of 10... and I daresay most professional athletes would agree with that, as well.

If any fan or player or media type still wants to be critical of the choice, then I'll stand by my earlier critique that such a person is either thinking too emotionally or not considering the cost of the alternative.

You keep trying to portray my comments as critical of the Celtics. I'm not.

Sometimes teams are given lose-lose options.

You may be entirely right that those people are being emotional. But it doesn't change how they feel. AD's father saying that they didn't like how IT was treated wasn't pulled out of a hat.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD's father saying that they didn't like how IT was treated wasn't pulled out of a hat.
Oh, certainly not.

That was a rather transparent attempt to manipulate the Pelicans into an immediate trade with the Lakers from Davis' "camp"... it had much more to do with that end than anything else.

It was reported that Davis' father actually contacted the media with that noise... as in: "Hey, I got a story for you Media... publish this far and wide!"

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum for AD is picking up speed

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly Sports Talk saying Kyrie is out tonight. Confirm?
Yeah... he's out. No Baynes, either... which is gonna hurt against Embiid.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... no doubt... his skinny arse ain't ready for Embiid, though. ;)

Only one way to start getting ready. Face it head on

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played more gritty playing without Drew

Hmmm

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played more gritty playing without Drew

Hmmm
lol... I'm sure that'll be the negative nancy, debbie downer story line tomorrow morning.

Personally, I'm gonna enjoy the much needed win. :suds:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the highlight. Great d by al towards the end there.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... I guess the sky isn't falling?