• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics looked lost 20 games in

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allowing 120+ points against two fairly weak offenses is pretty surprising.
^ This shows the value of Aaron Baynes to the Celtics... when he's injured, the C's tend to have low points like this.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened? Sprained man bun?
He's got a foot, apparently... probably would play if it was the playoffs, but taking a couple of weeks off because it's the regular season.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gman,

You are right to a degree. If the games were close and we lost Baynes is a factor. But when your up 25 points and you are walking back on D, not moving around picks, going into ISOs as a reaction this is a sign your team is not engaged.

There is a plethora of talent, albeit I do agree that Hayward might need another year,....................but separate of Smart and Theis people are taking breaks while being on the floor

Unacceptable. Danny needs to lay down the law to this team directly if Brad wont. They are not even close to the energy of last years team

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gman,

You are right to a degree. If the games were close and we lost Baynes is a factor. But when your up 25 points and you are walking back on D, not moving around picks, going into ISOs as a reaction this is a sign your team is not engaged.

There is a plethora of talent, albeit I do agree that Hayward might need another year,....................but separate of Smart and Theis people are taking breaks while being on the floor

Unacceptable. Danny needs to lay down the law to this team directly if Brad wont. They are not even close to the energy of last years team
Oh... I don't disagree with you at all. Preach, brother.

This team gotta find their nutz.

There's still time... but we are definitely at a low and have to respond. And then follow that response with some gosh dang consistency.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gman,

Oh... I don't disagree with you at all. Preach, brother.

This team gotta find their nutz.

There's still time... but we are definitely at a low and have to respond. And then follow that response with some gosh dang consistency.

I'm wondering if the media is so focused on the Lakers and how their players may be reacting to the AD trade rumors that they are neglecting how the Celtics players may be reacting.

Remember, part of the reported reasons for the Pels to not make that trade was because Ainge told them to wait and has indicated that he's open to trading pretty much anyone.

So, it seems to me that the Celtics young players may be just as anxious about their futures in Boston as some of the Lakers young players are about their futures in LA.

I mean, it's kind of interesting that the Lakers have lost 2 of their last 3 in blowout fashion and the Celtics have lost 2 games where they blew 18 and 28 point leads to teams that aren't as good as they are. 1 of whom is actually tanking.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if the media is so focused on the Lakers and how their players may be reacting to the AD trade rumors that they are neglecting how the Celtics players may be reacting.

Remember, part of the reported reasons for the Pels to not make that trade was because Ainge told them to wait and has indicated that he's open to trading pretty much anyone.

So, it seems to me that the Celtics young players may be just as anxious about their futures in Boston as some of the Lakers young players are about their futures in LA.

I mean, it's kind of interesting that the Lakers have lost 2 of their last 3 in blowout fashion and the Celtics have lost 2 games where they blew 18 and 28 point leads to teams that aren't as good as they are. 1 of whom is actually tanking.
I don't think you have to worry about the media neglecting the Celtics... that ain't happening.

And lackluster play from particular players on the C's is not something new to this trade deadline SportsHoopla... it has been a season long roller coaster.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you have to worry about the media neglecting the Celtics... that ain't happening.

And lackluster play from particular players on the C's is not something new to this trade deadline SportsHoopla... it has been a season long roller coaster.

You would know better than I since you follow them a lot closer than I do.

I just found it interesting/coincidental that the Celtics seemed to be hitting their stride and then this happens just when they were involved in trade rumors and Ainge basically made the whole roster available like the Lakers did.

I also wonder if some of Kyrie's comments are feeding this. Especially since this roster went to 7 games in the ECF without him.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would know better than I since you follow them a lot closer than I do.

I just found it interesting/coincidental that the Celtics seemed to be hitting their stride and then this happens just when they were involved in trade rumors and Ainge basically made the whole roster available like the Lakers did.

I also wonder if some of Kyrie's comments are feeding this. Especially since this roster went to 7 games in the ECF without him.
Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if what you're talking about factors in.

But for some perspective, the C's were playing very good basketball. They hit a 2 game rough patch within the last week. Baynes has been injured and Kyrie got injured in the 2nd game.

On the surface... things shouldn't be falling apart. But there is enough smoke here to be concerned in the present regardless...

... that aside, we'll see were this thing goes from here.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a big summer for Danny.

The C's are easily 4th in the East right now.

And there's a real chance Irving leaves, or Brow goes elsewhere.

Also possible we never see gordon hayward all-star ever again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But for some perspective, the C's were playing very good basketball. They hit a 2 game rough patch within the last week. Baynes has been injured and Kyrie got injured in the 2nd game.

On the surface... things shouldn't be falling apart. But there is enough smoke here to be concerned in the present regardless...

Yeah, for both the Lakers and Celtics, there are young guys who aren't used to all of this.

In the Lakers locker room, the vets met all of the trade speculation with a collective yawn. But it looks like the kids were a little freaked out.

The Celtics kids aren't much, if any, older than the Lakers kids.

Going into the season, everyone was calling them a budding dynasty and predicting great things. Now, they find themselves in trade rumors and Kyrie has been critical and, at least on the surface, seems unsure about staying in Boston.

I would expect that all of that is at least at the back of their minds.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems like every time the Celtics seem to have turned the corner, they lose a few games in a row that they really shouldn't have.

If they beat the Sixers tomorrow night, things will look much brighter for the Celtics.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like every time the Celtics seem to have turned the corner, they lose a few games in a row that they really shouldn't have.

If they beat the Sixers tomorrow night, things will look much brighter for the Celtics.
If Baynes and Kyrie are out... that's gonna be a tall order.

We'll see, though. Tough to know what to expect night to night or even quarter to quarter with these Celtics.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts with great defense. These young guys on the celts have played well at the highest level. This year I am just seeing everyone thinking they are here. Unless it’s a ring it’s false security.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson Tatum 'would not mind' being the face of the Pelicans

So the rumors, which should always be taken with a grain of salt, is that Tatum wouldn't be upset going to New Orleans and being the face of the franchise.

We should always be cautious reading into this but here is what Tim McMahon said.
Tim McMahon said:
“I was talking to about the Celtics the other day and they said the worst thing that happened to the Celtics was their success last season. Because now you’ve got Tatum, [Jaylen] Brown, [Terry] Rozier — these young guys are thinking dude, we went to Game 7 of the East Finals without you, Kyrie, without you, Hayward. We’re this level of player … This summer, they could be gone. They might up end in New Orleans [for Davis]. It’s gossip, but the gossip is Jayson Tatum wouldn’t mind if he’s shipped to New Orleans and has a chance to be the face of the franchise somewhere. Because he’s not going to get that opportunity in Boston, at least not in the immediate future.”

I really wonder if there is some bad blood between Kyrie and the younger players at this point.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson Tatum 'would not mind' being the face of the Pelicans

So the rumors, which should always be taken with a grain of salt, is that Tatum wouldn't be upset going to New Orleans and being the face of the franchise.

We should always be cautious reading into this but here is what Tim McMahon said.

I really wonder if there is some bad blood between Kyrie and the younger players at this point.
All of that link is speculation based on total speculation.

A lot of what's out there the last few weeks is similar.

So maybe its right, maybe its wrong... but who knows?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that link is speculation based on total speculation.

A lot of what's out there the last few weeks is similar.

So maybe its right, maybe its wrong... but who knows?

Which is why I qualified the comments 2 different times in my post.

I don't think that Tatum is itching to leave. But I also DO think that it sounds entirely reasonable to believe that Tatum sees himself as being a star in the league. So when he hears talk that the Celtics might move him, I could see being a little personally annoyed by that.

I doubt many of the players feel they can trust Ainge to stick by them.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I qualified the comments 2 different times in my post.
These qualifications didn't stop you from "wondering aloud"... that's the point.

You're inching towards conclusions based on silly season stuff.
flyerhawk said:
I doubt many of the players feel they can trust Ainge to stick by them.
As opposed to what... any other GM or team in the league?

It's a business. And I, for one, flatly reject any insinuation that the Celtics are chaotic (or whatever) in how they do business.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These qualifications didn't stop you from "wondering aloud"... that's the point.

You're inching towards conclusions based on silly season stuff.

It's a message board, G. We talk about what's going on. Things we know.

The Celtics have been wildly inconsistent this year
Kyrie Irving reached out Lebron and passively criticized the "young players on the roster"

Maybe everything is just peachy keen in Boston. But it is not unreasonable to suggest that there may be some dissension.

As opposed to what... any other GM or team in the league?

It's a business. And I, for one, flatly reject any insinuation that the Celtics are chaotic (or whatever) in how they do business.

I don't think the Celtics are chaotic. I do think that there are players that viewed the Celtics treatment of IT as more than a little cold-blooded.

If you think everything is fine and this is all bullshit, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. But I don't think talking about it is crazy. Anymore than talking about the Lakers situation being a mess right now is crazy. Or talking about whether the Sixers can feed all their hungry mouths and keep Butler happy is crazy.