• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics looked lost 20 games in

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point. If this Dray/KD thing is Shaq/Kobe level, then yeah, it could blow things up and cost them the title this season just like Shaq and Kobe's last season together.

I also agree that we have no idea what Boogie will have when he is finally able to play.

I will say though, that your posts seem more like hope than anything that might actually happen.

Assuming Curry, KD, Klay and Dray are all healthy by the playoffs...worst case, imo, is that Boogie isn't ready or a shell of himself, they figure things out with the Big 4, win one last title and KD leaves after the season.

Best case, Boogie is at least close to what he was pre-injury, the Warriors have a cakewalk to another title and they try to keep the band together for one more run next season.

I don't think it will be a given.

MIL has some scary length that could disrupt GSW.
Also need to see how TOR finishes up.
If MIL/TOR face off in the ECF, I think either of them has a legitimate shot.

As much as I'd like to put the Sixers in the conversation, they need to show me a lot more and start finishing teams off. Might have to wait until the trade deadline to see who they pickup before rendering a decision on their chances.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be a given.

MIL has some scary length that could disrupt GSW.
Also need to see how TOR finishes up.
If MIL/TOR face off in the ECF, I think either of them has a legitimate shot.

As much as I'd like to put the Sixers in the conversation, they need to show me a lot more and start finishing teams off. Might have to wait until the trade deadline to see who they pickup before rendering a decision on their chances.

Certainly not a given. But it is an extremely likely occurrence. They just have more guys than everyone else...especially if Boogie can play anywhere close to his pre-injury level.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get to watch the Celts that much, but I've been disappointed in their play thus far, especially after last season. They need to wake the fuck up.

I wonder if it's too late to Tank for Zion

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would need to do a lot of tanking. Interesting line up change last night with Smart starting. Considering they are getting schooled by opposing PGs we could be seeing the start of a new starting 5

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's may be rounding into form but for realsies now... very encouragingly, Gordon Hayward put up a stat line of 30/9/8 in last night's win @ Minnesota.

^ I love Gordo's first concern is for his hair... :tongue: :D

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, the Warriors are still the presumptive favorite to win the title. They are still the most talented team in the league. But that edge, this year, is not nearly as large as it was in years past.

When was the last time the Warriors lost 4 games in a row?

No. It really is.

You are talking about the Warrior losing streak like it means something. If they are losing games once they have everybody healthy, then you might have a point. Until then, I have seen nothing to make me believe the Warriors are remotely beatable as long as they can avoid playoff injuries.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It really is.

You are talking about the Warrior losing streak like it means something. If they are losing games once they have everybody healthy, then you might have a point. Until then, I have seen nothing to make me believe the Warriors are remotely beatable as long as they can avoid playoff injuries.

Agree. It seems like folks forget that they have been without Steph and Dray. They also know that it's no longer about seeding for them anymore, it's about getting to the playoffs healthy.

The only thing that I can see that could stop them this year other than playoff injuries would be if the KD/Dray beef reaches Shaq/Kobe levels.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. It seems like folks forget that they have been without Steph and Dray. They also know that it's no longer about seeding for them anymore, it's about getting to the playoffs healthy.

The only thing that I can see that could stop them this year other than playoff injuries would be if the KD/Dray beef reaches Shaq/Kobe levels.

And I think some people are forgetting that the Warriors were one Chris Paul injury away from not winning the title last year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think some people are forgetting that the Warriors were one Chris Paul injury away from not winning the title last year.

And others are forgetting that the Warriors lost Iggy in game 3 after stealing HCA from the Rockets, if that doesn't happen, it's probably over in 5.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And others are forgetting that the Warriors lost Iggy in game 3 after stealing HCA from the Rockets, if that doesn't happen, it's probably over in 5.

So the Warriors dominance is predicated on none of their players getting hurt? Doesn't sound like such a sure thing to me.

As I said, the Warriors are most likely going to win the title again this year. But every year makes it a little tougher.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Warriors dominance is predicated on none of their players getting hurt? Doesn't sound like such a sure thing to me.

As I said, the Warriors are most likely going to win the title again this year. But every year makes it a little tougher.

And the Rockets chances were apparently predicated on the same thing.

I think it's pretty safe to say that any teams chances of winning a title is predicated on health. It's why teams that have already won titles and are trying for repeats, etc. stop worrying about seeding and start resting players to make sure they are as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

I agree that it gets more difficult each year, not only is it difficult to stay healthy, it's also more games on top of the 82 they already played and less rest and recovery time between seasons.

My point is that using a 4 game losing streak, early in the regular season when a team is without it's most important player and another very important player as some kind of sign that they are vulnerable is false hope.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do people keep saying this?

IF Chris Paul had not gotten hurt, the Warriors would have still had about a 40-50% chance to win the series. If Iggy had not gotten hurt and Paul had not gotten hurt, they would have had about a 93% chance.

They blew game 4 and narrowly lost game 5, both without Iggy who was especially important for the Rockets matchup. They were the better team.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we talkin'bout the MFing Warriors in this thread!?

Take that mess to the all-purpose Montalban b!tch thread.

:lm:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WORD!

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very productive game last night. However, its the knicks. Smart is really doing well as the starting guard.

Jaylen and Hayward are starting to find their fits. Bench is looking good

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very productive game last night. However, its the knicks. Smart is really doing well as the starting guard.

Jaylen and Hayward are starting to find their fits. Bench is looking good

Yeah, the Celtics are starting to look like the team everyone thought they were before the season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the Celtics found themselves. Looking at their schedule they could very easily win their next 5 before they go into a pretty tough run of their schedule.

I still think they need to move some guys but clearly not a priority right now.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are a dumpster fire right now... but the C's did that to them in their own building... with Horford and Baynes on the bench.

Overall, the C's have played a lot of road games... that'll even out... anyone who has gotten panicky can probably exhale.

A bench unit including Rozier, Hayward and Jaylen Brown is sick... the regular season C's should continue to roll over many teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are a dumpster fire right now... but the C's did that to them in their own building... with Horford and Baynes on the bench.

Overall, the C's have played a lot of road games... that'll even out... anyone who has gotten panicky can probably exhale.

A bench unit including Rozier, Hayward and Jaylen Brown is sick... the regular season C's should continue to roll over many teams.

Agreed.

My concern is and always has been the playoffs, when that depth is less important.

The Celtics have a legit chance to reach the Finals, but I doubt very many are still calling them the favorites.

I do think home court could matter a lot for them. So they had better keep this going so they can make a run at Toronto.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

My concern is and always has been the playoffs, when that depth is less important.

The Celtics have a legit chance to reach the Finals, but I doubt very many are still calling them the favorites.

I do think home court could matter a lot for them. So they had better keep this going so they can make a run at Toronto.
I don't disagree with any of this.

All Boston is doing right now is what a very good team should be doing in the regular season.