• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics looked lost 20 games in

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Utah is in 14th place at the moment. Not 13th.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Wiggy gave me a rainbow for this.

It was literally fact. At the time of this post, the 9th seed in the East has an 8-12 record which would be 14th place in the West behind Utah who is currently 13th and also a very good basketball team.

And yes. I believe every one of those teams is better than Brooklyn, Orlando, Washington, and possibly Charlotte and Miami too.

You think that SacTown and Minny are better than Charlotte? Heck I think Brooklyn is an underrated team.

IMO, the big difference between the conferences is that 4 of the 5 worst teams in basketball are in the East.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is curious. We were anointing Stevens as best coach in the game and Boston as a Finals lock. Shows how much we know. Of course it's plenty early.

Too many guys fighting for minutes and shots, with not enough players really playing team ball. Need more players that accept their role IMO. Stevens is a strong coach, but he may need some assistance from the GM here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that SacTown and Minny are better than Charlotte? Heck I think Brooklyn is an underrated team.

IMO, the big difference between the conferences is that 4 of the 5 worst teams in basketball are in the East.

I did say possibly. I don't know, but it is pretty close with the way they are playing now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say possibly. I don't know, but it is pretty close with the way they are playing now.

Sure. I guess. The most interesting thing to me, so far, is how there are no clear cut top tier teams. If the Warriors don't right the ship, there are a good 6 or 7 teams that COULD win the title.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I guess. The most interesting thing to me, so far, is how there are no clear cut top tier teams. If the Warriors don't right the ship, there are a good 6 or 7 teams that COULD win the title.

No.

The Warriors have 1 superstar and 2 more Allstars on their roster that haven't been playing during this bad stretch. Pretty sure they will be okay.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

The Warriors have 1 superstar and 2 more Allstars on their roster that haven't been playing during this bad stretch. Pretty sure they will be okay.

The Warriors are most likely going to win again. I hope I wasn't being unclear in that sense. But there is at least a possibility that the team fractures.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are most likely going to win again. I hope I wasn't being unclear in that sense. But there is at least a possibility that the team fractures.

I highly doubt it.

The whole KD Draymond thing was way overblown. They may not like each other, but both care about winning too much to let it derail the team.

Now causing KD to leave next summer? Yeah I believe that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt it.

The whole KD Draymond thing was way overblown. They may not like each other, but both care about winning too much to let it derail the team.

Now causing KD to leave next summer? Yeah I believe that.

I doubt it as well. But I do think this squad is far less certain to win it than the past 2 teams.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it as well. But I do think this squad is far less certain to win it than the past 2 teams.

Well, you are forgetting about Cousins, we don't even know what level he can take them to. As far as last 2 years, that first year with KD I agree. That team was poised and ready to destroy the league and that's precisely what they did on their 16-1 playoff run. Last year's team dealt with complacency and injuries and had a much tougher time. Is this team in worse shape than them? Maybe now but get the 4 healthy (Curry was playing like he wanted another MVP this year and I bet he still does) and oh yeah Boogie too. I don't feel so vulnerable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you are forgetting about Cousins, we don't even know what level he can take them to. As far as last 2 years, that first year with KD I agree. That team was poised and ready to destroy the league and that's precisely what they did on their 16-1 playoff run. Last year's team dealt with complacency and injuries and had a much tougher time. Is this team in worse shape than them? Maybe now but get the 4 healthy (Curry was playing like he wanted another MVP this year and I bet he still does) and oh yeah Boogie too. I don't feel so vulnerable.

You really have no idea what you are going to get from Cousins. He could come in and be a dominant force that makes the Warriors utterly unbeatable. Or he may come back slow and still recovering from his injury and ineffective.

The Warriors are still the most talented team in the league but this is their 5th year in a row. Complacency and various petty squabbles can have an effect.

It's interesting to me that people seem to think it near sacrilege to suggest that the Warriors might not win it this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting to me that people seem to think it near sacrilege to suggest that the Warriors might not win it this year.

One reason for this is because I don't see a team close to them when healthy. Right now Toronto is looking like the best option but it is only November. Several of the "contenders" didn't do much in the summer to get closer to the Warriors. Most teams made moves to get them further from the Warriors.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason for this is because I don't see a team close to them when healthy. Right now Toronto is looking like the best option but it is only November. Several of the "contenders" didn't do much in the summer to get closer to the Warriors. Most teams made moves to get them further from the Warriors.

As I said, the Warriors are still the presumptive favorite to win the title. They are still the most talented team in the league. But that edge, this year, is not nearly as large as it was in years past.

When was the last time the Warriors lost 4 games in a row?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, the Warriors are still the presumptive favorite to win the title. They are still the most talented team in the league. But that edge, this year, is not nearly as large as it was in years past.

When was the last time the Warriors lost 4 games in a row?

2013 I believe but when was the last time Curry & Dray missed multiple games at the same time?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really have no idea what you are going to get from Cousins. He could come in and be a dominant force that makes the Warriors utterly unbeatable. Or he may come back slow and still recovering from his injury and ineffective.

The Warriors are still the most talented team in the league but this is their 5th year in a row. Complacency and various petty squabbles can have an effect.

No sacrilege, just that their chances are.no worse than last year . Still could lose.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get your point. If this Dray/KD thing is Shaq/Kobe level, then yeah, it could blow things up and cost them the title this season just like Shaq and Kobe's last season together.

I also agree that we have no idea what Boogie will have when he is finally able to play.

I will say though, that your posts seem more like hope than anything that might actually happen.

Assuming Curry, KD, Klay and Dray are all healthy by the playoffs...worst case, imo, is that Boogie isn't ready or a shell of himself, they figure things out with the Big 4, win one last title and KD leaves after the season.

Best case, Boogie is at least close to what he was pre-injury, the Warriors have a cakewalk to another title and they try to keep the band together for one more run next season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its still so early...playoffs start in May...thats like 6 months away...we wont even rmemeber the storylines in November by then - they will be irrelevant.

if the Celtics are still struggling at the end of December MAYBE its a story. In the East they have no concerns about making the playoffs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point. If this Dray/KD thing is Shaq/Kobe level, then yeah, it could blow things up and cost them the title this season just like Shaq and Kobe's last season together.

I also agree that we have no idea what Boogie will have when he is finally able to play.

I will say though, that your posts seem more like hope than anything that might actually happen.

Assuming Curry, KD, Klay and Dray are all healthy by the playoffs...worst case, imo, is that Boogie isn't ready or a shell of himself, they figure things out with the Big 4, win one last title and KD leaves after the season.

Best case, Boogie is at least close to what he was pre-injury, the Warriors have a cakewalk to another title and they try to keep the band together for one more run next season.

Not really hoping for anything really. I expect the Warriors to win.

2 seasons ago I thought that it was a near lock that the Warriors were going to win the title. Something like a 95% chance that would only not happen if there were 2 major injuries.

Last year I thought there was about an 80% chance of them winning the title.

This year I think there is about a 70% chance. Still the overwhelming favorite but much less certain that 2 years ago.