• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '20'21 - The Young and the Restless

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win vs. Phoenix tonight.

A notable part of the C's recent solid play has been the fact that it hasn't all been about health and availability.... quite the contrary, Boston still has multiple guys out seemingly every game. Tonight saw us down 2 starters and our best bench guy (Brown, RWIII and Fournier).

But now they're finding a way to win regardless... even against good teams.

Very heartening. If we could just get and stay healthy for the playoffs... this team could go on a run.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd share with y'all that I discovered something I like about the Celtics....

That Subway commercial with Jayson Tatum and Draymond where Draymond says "My sub has more rings" and Tatum says "My sub has bacon."

Anyone who likes bacon can't be all bad, so he's welcome to go all Rick Fox and come join the Lakers any time he wants.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries and illness just keep weighing this team down... it's a crying shame.

There has literally been no reprieve this entire regular season... no sizable chunk of time that can be pointed to where we were at or even near full strength.

:noidea:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries and illness just keep weighing this team down... it's a crying shame.

There has literally been no reprieve this entire regular season... no sizable chunk of time that can be pointed to where we were at or even near full strength.

:noidea:

yup. Been like maybe 3 games where it’s happened.

the good news is they probably don’t win the East anyway so this gives them a chance to still get a better player next year in the draft when they won’t have the full mle available again.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team really is frustrating to watch now. How many times can you go down by 20+ at halftime and be forced to make a comeback? If this keeps up they aren't going anywhere come play off time... Certainly not with Brown out

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief. What did the Celtics do to piss off the basketball gods? Seems like, for the last few years, injuries have killed you guys.

Did IT put a voodoo curse on you?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief. What did the Celtics do to piss off the basketball gods? Seems like, for the last few years, injuries have killed you guys.

Did IT put a voodoo curse on you?
If it weren't for bad luck, the Celtics would win it every year. ;)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj is saying that Ainge may step down.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I remember just a few years ago the Celtics were the hottest team with all the Nets first round picks with Ainge and Stevens being both geniuses on their way to winning championships but for some reason this season they took a major step back. The expectation everybody had was for them to be a top 3 seed in the East and personally I thought Irving was holding them back.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I remember just a few years ago the Celtics were the hottest team with all the Nets first round picks with Ainge and Stevens being both geniuses on their way to winning championships but for some reason this season they took a major step back. The expectation everybody had was for them to be a top 3 seed in the East and personally I thought Irving was holding them back.

they have been cursed.

they never had both hayward and their starting point guard both totally healthy.

it happens. Shit luck.

but it happens.

plus sacto having a fluke good year and the bullshit of Memphis getting morant keeping them out of the top 10 screwed them over a bit too.

not a lot went right after getting those picks from the nets.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, they had a lot of injuries this season. Heck, they weren't healthy going into the series and had a couple of others get hurt. So it's kind of hard to look at the season as a failure.

Having said that, Ainge has kind of squandered the assets he got from the Nets trade. Kind of hard to blame him for Haywards leg falling off or Kyrie being crazy (there were signs, but he hadn't gone full looney tunes yet). But there were also deals he could have/should have made that he didn't because he seemed to be operating like he thought he had to win every trade like he did the Nets trade.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have been cursed.

they never had both hayward and their starting point guard both totally healthy.

it happens. Shit luck.

but it happens.

plus sacto having a fluke good year and the bullshit of Memphis getting morant keeping them out of the top 10 screwed them over a bit too.

not a lot went right after getting those picks from the nets.
Yeah just goes to show nobody is invincible. When Pete and John Schnieder our GM drafted Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman in the later rounds we thought they were gods but our draft picks have been 95% trash since then.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, they had a lot of injuries this season. Heck, they weren't healthy going into the series and had a couple of others get hurt. So it's kind of hard to look at the season as a failure.

Having said that, Ainge has kind of squandered the assets he got from the Nets trade. Kind of hard to blame him for Haywards leg falling off or Kyrie being crazy (there were signs, but he hadn't gone full looney tunes yet). But there were also deals he could have/should have made that he didn't because he seemed to be operating like he thought he had to win every trade like he did the Nets trade.
Hard to blame Ainge at all. He did the best he could with the knowledge that marquee free agents never want to go to Boston.

Ainge drafted well. Ainge traded well. But it isn’t enough in a league that really is dictated by superstars.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some very good draft picks but ultimately failed to build a good overall roster. The talent in Boston got worse and that was entirely his fault. Clearly the organization has sided with Stevens it seems.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to blame Ainge at all. He did the best he could with the knowledge that marquee free agents never want to go to Boston.

Ainge drafted well. Ainge traded well. But it isn’t enough in a league that really is dictated by superstars.

Did Ainge draft well? He did well with his Number 1 over all and No. 4 overall picks certainly with Brown and Tatum. Smart was a pretty good pick and Rozier.

But I'm not sure that he's done that great otherwise. Maybe if they had kept Thybulle and Bane, things would look differently.