• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CB Sidney Jones

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this leads to a simple question. Why is he not starting in place of Jalen Mills?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this leads to a simple question. Why is he not starting in place of Jalen Mills?

That’s a really good question I’ve been trying to ponder. Best guess is Jalen isn’t very good in slot either. And perhaps so bad that the current alignment works best.

More aptly I’m wondering why someone like Douglas doesn’t work better at #2 than Mills. Or on the slot so Jones can move outside.

The thing is Mills’ lapses have been utterly glaring. At the same time his overall play hasn’t been rating out too badly. Teams tend to lean very much on that kind of analysis pretty often. They might not feel as badly about Mills where he is than we do.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas is real tall, and sometimes gets beat deep, which he is working on. He adds good depth, and if he grows in his ability at this level, he could be vey good someday. right now - he just adds depth.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas is real tall, and sometimes gets beat deep, which he is working on. He adds good depth, and if he grows in his ability at this level, he could be vey good someday. right now - he just adds depth.

Ah. Makes some sense. The choice then is between a guy who gets beat deep at times due to skill that can be developed (Douglas) vs a guy who can get beat deep because he gambles (mills). Training out the gambling instinct can be tough to do. But I’m sure Mills gives more intangibles at the current time than Douglas.

That’s the thing about CB....you can play it pretty well but get burnt a handful of times and you look like shit.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sid and he has been playing very well but it blows my mind media keeps complementing the PBU on Ebron. He was beat absurdly with flat feet. With an average throw that is a TD. Thankfully Luck has the arm strength of a 9 year old girl. Ill give him credit for recovering, getting lucky and hitting the ball for the PBU. But that was not a good play overall for him.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sid and he has been playing very well but it blows my mind media keeps complementing the PBU on Ebron. He was beat absurdly with flat feet. With an average throw that is a TD. Thankfully Luck has the arm strength of a 9 year old girl. Ill give him credit for recovering, getting lucky and hitting the ball for the PBU. But that was not a good play overall for him.

Agreed. It looked all the better because Luck didn’t throw it well.

For me he got lucky on that play, but was insanely good on the next play on second down.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably because it was zone coverage and it was not technically his responsibility. In Zone coverage you are normally responsible a specific area in front of you. Once a player runs past you then it becomes the responsibility of the person behind you which in pass coverage is normally the safety. I am having a problem getting that particular highlight to run but from reading the notes Jones saw that there was no on in front of him and made a snap decision to try to make a play in an area that is not his responsibility. I would not all that flat footed.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because it was zone coverage and it was not technically his responsibility. In Zone coverage you are normally responsible a specific area in front of you. Once a player runs past you then it becomes the responsibility of the person behind you which in pass coverage is normally the safety. I am having a problem getting that particular highlight to run but from reading the notes Jones saw that there was no on in front of him and made a snap decision to try to make a play in an area that is not his responsibility. I would not all that flat footed.

This reminds me that this is exactly how I read it. He let Ebron release, saw no one coming into his zone and took off to cover up the open TE.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe. The other side of the field was clearly man with LB following RB to flat and corner staying tight on hitch. Mills makes an adjustment pre snap. Could have been to zone coverage though that would be odd/different. Ill just say if man it was a bad play with a good recovery. If zone it was great play with good play recognition.