• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cavs vs Knicks now on TNT

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey brother, it may be 1 game, a game i actually looked forward too after years of disgust, we know all too well. anyway, tough to face the best right off the bat, but it could have been a good test to see what these guys can do... i see a bunch of chickens running around with no heads.

They'll be fine, dude....don't get too bummed.
I also expected a better effort, but it is what it is.
I'm breaking the season down into 8, 10 game segments.
We'll see how they do after the 1st 10....and so on.
I think they'll make the necessary adjustments and be okay.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey brother, it may be 1 game, a game i actually looked forward too after years of disgust, we know all too well. anyway, tough to face the best right off the bat, but it could have been a good test to see what these guys can do... i see a bunch of chickens running around with no heads.
No shame losing to the defending champs.

This is the first time the starters have all played together.

Give them time

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with LeBron passing him the ball .....i mean yikes...you see LeBron's stat line tonight?.....Kyrie just kept raining and LeBron just kept feeding- have to admit- i ahvent watched a whole lot as i have my eyes glued to the WS. but damn.....

doesnt look like @DJ is gonna win his bet....meh meh meh

I think you and I would be a lot closer to seeing eye to eye on Kyrie if we can agree to stop calling him a point guard. LeBron Is the Cavs point guard. Kyrie is their best scorer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you and I would be a lot closer to seeing eye to eye on Kyrie if we can agree to stop calling him a point guard. LeBron Is the Cavs point guard. Kyrie is their best scorer.
well you think that in order to be a "point guard" you havet o play it like it was played 20 years ago....

Westbrook, Curry, Kyrie, I. Thomas, Derek Rose, Reggie Jackson, Eric Bledsoe, JEff Teague, etc... are all point guards in 2016.

not just conley, rondo, d. williams, rubio, wall, paul etc.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shame losing to the defending champs.

This is the first time the starters have all played together.

Give them time

i would understand if they were a bunch of stud rookies playing their first NBA game and were star struck, but we're talking about all stars here , vets... you may get beat, but you should not be blown out! this kid portzingis has regressed, melo shoots every touch, noah is out of shape, rose just came back from a court case, the rest look completely lost... there is no leadership, and i don't know how you change that whether it is 1 game or 20 games in.... it does not look good for a team touted to go deep into PS

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with LeBron passing him the ball .....i mean yikes...you see LeBron's stat line tonight?.....Kyrie just kept raining and LeBron just kept feeding- have to admit- i ahvent watched a whole lot as i have my eyes glued to the WS. but damn.....

doesnt look like @DJ is gonna win his bet....meh meh meh
Those two are a great combination.

Kyrie can create. But, with Bron, he doesn't have to.

If this is what happens when he is set free...goodness.

I can't wait to see if they can do this against the Spurs, Warriors.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would understand if they were a bunch of stud rookies playing their first NBA game and were star struck, but we're talking about all stars here , vets... you may get beat, but you should not be blown out! this kid portzingis has regressed, melo shoots every touch, noah is out of shape, rose just came back from a court case, the rest look completely lost... there is no leadership, and i don't know how you change that whether it is 1 game or 20 games in.... it does not look good for a team touted to go deep into PS

Zinger is a stud.

The problem was the lack of ball movement.

Melo, Rose and Jennings going one on one is no Bueno.

Noah's feet were in cement boots and Lee did nothing.

I never thought they would be contenders.

But, I'm still holding out hope for the 8th seed.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zinger is a stud.

The problem was the lack of ball movement.

Melo, Rose and Jennings going one on one is no Bueno.

Noah's feet were in cement boots and Lee did nothing.

I never thought they would be contenders.

But, I'm still holding out hope for the 8th seed.

when i first saw portzingis play bout 20 games in, i was this kid is the real deal. In all fairness, i did not see him rest of season, because i gave up on team. Its my understanding he may have been over played, he had some injuries , something to that affect, still put up decent #'s for a rook... Seeing him this year so far in a few pre- season games, i thought i would see maturity, i know he has the tools, i have not. He has to play under control, he has to have better shot selection, he cannot put ball on ground 20 ft from basket, it will be stolen every time, his first step is too slow... he needs a mentor!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs looked pretty good. LeBron still the best in the world. sorry tebowGOAT, I rate your looks a 0.0 and your basketball knowledge even less.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs still scary. Warriors are not the title favorites.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs looked good. But the Warriors haven't even tipped off. Also, the Warriors won 73 games and still lost. Let's hold off any judgement off opening night. But yeah, the Cavs don't look like they missed a beat.

Also have to hand it to them, those rings looked nice.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah yeah Cleveland.

The Cavs won the NBA Title and the Indians are in the World Series and none of this makes up for the fact that you still have the Browns!

On a serious note, shit that was an ass beating. Especially in the second half. That second half was the equivalent of watching Kentucky play North Texas State of the Blind Amputees.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you think that in order to be a "point guard" you havet o play it like it was played 20 years ago....

Westbrook, Curry, Kyrie, I. Thomas, Derek Rose, Reggie Jackson, Eric Bledsoe, JEff Teague, etc... are all point guards in 2016.

not just conley, rondo, d. williams, rubio, wall, paul etc.

Keep on telling me what I think. Everybody on that list is a point guard except Kyrie.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks get use to that Rose and Noah. Noah is not a starter anymore and rose is up and down. I don't see this Knicks team being good. Should make playoffs but 8th or 7th seed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving had a strong night. Guy is taking over. Good game by LBJ.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh.

The Cavs were good, but the Knicks were predictably terrible. They have many new players learning a new offense and Rose was away from the team. Tonight's games mean less than nothing in the grand scheme of things.