• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cassel a Bill also? Head scratcher?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy I get. Matt for two picks is crazy even if they are two seventh round picks.

Head scratcher to say the least. Rex took Sanchise to two AFCCG's. I don't see this happening here. I would just beg Orton to come back.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other issue I don't like is anything helping a division foe.

I get the Vikings pulling the trigger. Just not the Bills. Good move on Vikes part. Get even special team production from a player taken for a backup reserve player is good move IMO.

Anyone want safety Dan?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Cassel and a pick from the Vikes for two picks from the Bills, I think. I wouldn't doubt that Minny has to give a higher pick to cast off money. (4.75 Mil that dude is gonna cost Buffalo.)

I don't know, EJ Manuel or MC? Either way youre going to need a real starter.

This is a weird deal fer sure.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex likes to pick up former Pats players. It's a hobby for him. :scratch:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: forgot to copy Smitty's post.

The small article said (choices) so figured two late picks. The way you are saying makes more sense. From a football stand point. Only upgrade I see with Cassel over EJ is starter experience IMO.

Sitting with my son in law who said fuck that get rid of Ponder. I told him hard to get a 8th round pick for Ponder. Took him a second to get it... Hockey is his forte anyway.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: forgot to copy Smitty's post.

The small article said (choices) so figured two late picks. The way you are saying makes more sense. From a football stand point. Only upgrade I see with Cassel over EJ is starter experience IMO.

Sitting with my son in law who said fuck that get rid of Ponder. I told him hard to get a 8th round pick for Ponder. Took him a second to get it... Hockey is his forte anyway.

Tbh, signing Ponder would've made more sense for Buffalo. He sucks, but no more than Cassel. (I liked EJ coming out of college. He just hasn't impressed me since.). And wouldn't cost any picks. Or even half the money. Id think anyway. (Plus that wife if his, Sam, good gravy....whefffff.)

How's the grandbaby doin'?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, signing Ponder would've made more sense for Buffalo. He sucks, but no more than Cassel. (I liked EJ coming out of college. He just hasn't impressed me since.). And wouldn't cost any picks. Or even half the money. Id think anyway. (Plus that wife if his, Sam, good gravy....whefffff.)

How's the grandbaby doin'?

Week old and already asking for a car. LOL I am in trouble later on. I am loving it. Sucks I go home tomorrow for work. I keep watching progress on the Vikes new stadium when I drive by. Be getting frequent driver miles for awhile.

I think Cassel would help more... Marginal but better. Samantha must have nasty feet or Rex would have gotten him instead.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they building it right where the MetroDome was?

You think Cassel is that much less sucky to offset the cost? Maybe Im undervaluing Ponder in Free Agency though.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to me. We need some kind of veteran presence behind EJ.

5th and a 7th while getting a 6th back is better than having those picks and Jeff Tuel.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Plus that wife if his, Sam, good gravy....whefffff.)

Equate a story to this...taking your pick on sucky players

When I was younger coaching 75lb. ball in MD. We had four teams so we drafted the new kids and kept returning kids. I used to sit up front in the parking lot watching the less talented kids get out of their cars during tryouts. Nice moms got a check mark.
Move forward to night of the draft. Down to the last 10-15 kids. I picked a kid who absolutely sucked. Cried every time got hit damn near. Another HC says "shit I wanted that kid". Other HC says "why he sucks?" "Did you see his mother? She is a a fox Kevin did his homework"
I looked at the other coach and told him. First year mistake, if I have to have a kid that sucks. His mom better be a looker. He shook his head and said good idea. (she wore them daisy dukes daily)

Now with that said, Samantha is working on the road all the time and never at the facilities. So, Cassel it is...

I have not seen a woman called a fox since the early 90's LOL.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they building it right where the MetroDome was?

You think Cassel is that much less sucky to offset the cost? Maybe Im undervaluing Ponder in Free Agency though.

Yes I believe. I only drive past Metrodome couple times when they first moved here. Pretty sure it seems like same place right of I-35

I really was not looking at money Smitty, just talent. They had the cap room so... I would take talent in the case of 4.25 million I think it is. Never know, maybe he is doing some new contract? That defense will still carry them. It is not as if Orton was All-Pro last year.

This Bills fan has a point on Jeff Tuel also.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I believe. I only drive past Metrodome couple times when they first moved here. Pretty sure it seems like same place right of I-35

I really was not looking at money Smitty, just talent. They had the cap room so... I would take talent in the case of 4.25 million I think it is. Never know, maybe he is doing some new contract? That defense will still carry them. It is not as if Orton was All-Pro last year.

This Bills fan has a point on Jeff Tuel also.
Yeah, theyre definitly going to be a running team. And i get needing a vet. No reason to think Cassel cant push EJ just like Orton did.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty watching local Twin city news and did not know Ponder is a FA... At least the sports guy said d he would not be back either....blah blah blah. So could not trade him and his sexy ass wife anywho.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did someone mention samantha ponder

th

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty watching local Twin city news and did not know Ponder is a FA... At least the sports guy said d he would not be back either....blah blah blah. So could not trade him and his sexy ass wife anywho.
Damnitt! I Googled it earlier before I commented on Ponder.

Shouldve just waited.............

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Orton: I'm retiring

Rex Ryan: I'll be damned if I'm not going to have a mediocre, white QB at the helm for any team I coach!

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move a lot, actually. Gives them an actual NFL QB on the cheap and 2 years of breathing room to figure out QB of the future while not wasting defense and running game of the present.