• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Case quoted saying players quit vs 49ers

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true obviously the coaches have lost this team. That has been an up and down thought the last two years. And if so you need to look at the players who gave up. Anytime you’re late in the season playing a two team win with playoff possibilities I don’t care if your coach is humpty dumpty you don’t quit.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a fan's perspective, what players appear to have packed it in ??

I wouldn;t say, for example, a guy like Darrian Stewart has quit - I think he's just coming to a point in his career when he's slowing down ..

Roby ?? .. He's the one guy who has disappointed in terms of a lack of fire .. and his tackling has really regressed .. I mean, can we say it looks like Roby has quit ?

On offense ?? .. Lindsay certainly has not .. Booker ?? - Booker had some bad attempts at blocking yeasterday ... Hamilton and Tim Patrick looked great yesterday -- Hamilton too that ( flagged ) hit and bounced right back up - and held on to the ball ...

OL or TEs ??? .. Has Bolles quit ??

Musgrave ??

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance on Case and the TEs

Keenum has targeted his tight ends just four times (for 8 yards) in the two games since losing Jeff Heuerman to broken ribs and a bruised lung.

"Those guys are running for him and they're getting open for him," Joseph said. "He's got to make plays."

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance on Case and the TEs

Keenum has targeted his tight ends just four times (for 8 yards) in the two games since losing Jeff Heuerman to broken ribs and a bruised lung.

"Those guys are running for him and they're getting open for him," Joseph said. "He's got to make plays."

I didn't see any TE's getting open yesterday.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what players he was referring to.. He is obviously not going to single them out.

It's funny to me that everyone comes up with Devontae Booker's name first. The guy can do nothing right to yall. I know you were just brainstorming Lucas, and I am not just referring to your comment. Just seems like anytime that guy is on the field or anyone talks about him it is so negative... I don't think many people understand his role as a 3rd string RB... I may have missed Booker missed attemps at blocking yesterday but he has been our best pass support RB.. He isn't exactly what we hoped for coming out but as a 4th round pick and 3rd RB role he doesn't deserve all the hate from the fanbase he gets... I feel like anytime people complain about the direction or outcome of the Broncos Booker's name always comes up. He's the 3rd friggin RB... He sees the field on a low % bases. He catches the ball. He has a run or two here and there. We aren't relying on him much, he is fine in his role. We need to move on from blaming the guy. 3rd RB's don't play big roles for the most part when 1 and 2 are healthy.

I also feel like a lot of people have dogged on Darian Stewart this year... He is much better this year than last year. The years before he was great. I agree he is slowing down a bit. He isn't the same player he was on that elite D, but when you take away that many pieces around him that is what you get. Stewart is that type of player. You put him around a good D and you will see his best play as he is a fierce hitter, come up in the box and tackle.. It isnt hard to see his game hasn't been the same since our D got torn apart a bit... He is a much better player when he plays in very physical D with supporting cast around him. He isn't a flashy highlight cover guy. To me he has been decent this year, last year he had a terrible year and the years previous with us he was a nice find.

It just sorta strikes me that when many fans rumble about the Broncos offense the first name that comes up is Devontae Booker, like it's his fault.. The guy's role is so limited he can't make much of a difference.

Going to guess Case was talking about players who play a bit more. I felt he was really referring to the offensive side of the ball and not defensive side of the ball when he made his comments too. We have a lot of young guys on the offensive side of the ball playing a role right now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any TE's getting open yesterday.

Agree- Our TE play has been awful the last two weeks. But we knew that was likely with the injuries and not getting much from that unit before the injuries.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: A previous version of this story said Keenum said the Broncos “quit playing.” That quote was taken from a quote sheet released by the 49ers’ PR team. Keenum actually said that San Francisco “had a good plan.” Our story has been updated. We regret the error.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got outcoached again is all

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, people, I get it Vance keeps the player playing.

That does not mean you win SB's with him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a Wiley coach.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we have a way nicer and way more updated Marty Schottenheimer . and we need a Walrus face instead.

Schottenheimer was better by the way.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time you make a change you have to accept the possibility that the outcome could be worse then staying the course. If we move on from Vance and next year is worse then I feel sorry for the new coach and staff.

With the expectations we need an experience coach and the best option might be McCarthy. If the Ravens keep winning John Harbaugh may not be available.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time you make a change you have to accept the possibility that the outcome could be worse then staying the course. If we move on from Vance and next year is worse then I feel sorry for the new coach and staff.

With the expectations we need an experience coach and the best option might be McCarthy. If the Ravens keep winning John Harbaugh may not be available.

Trade for him .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds nuts but IMO Mike HC and Gary OC and ElwayGM would make one hell of a team!

Or Wade HC GaryOC and Elway GM.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds nuts but IMO Mike HC and Gary OC and ElwayGM would make one hell of a team!

If it were me to choose it would be wade as Head Coach.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making Wade head coach you can keep our DC Woods unless wade would want some ealse

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I prefer Wade HC, Gary OC option. I believe there will need to be a some bridge building to allow this to happen. Wade did not leave on good terms.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we move on from Vance after the season (still don't know that this is a given) I like John Harbaugh (if he ends up available) or Wade Phillips with Gary as OC. Another guy I would not be upset with is Dennis Allen.

As far as DC I don't have an opinion, but I believe we need to stay in the 3-4 and that would be need to be a condition of employment.

I do not want someone with only 1 year of experience as a coordinator or limited success as a coordinator. Jim Bob Cooter is not someone I would like. I am luke warm on the college head coaches, but willing to entertain the idea for the right guy. College coaches have had very limited success lately.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing VJ stays. After the loss to the Niners I am not as sure as I was before, but have a hard time believing a 2-1 finish for 8-8 overall gets him fired.

And honestly I think we’d be in a decent position with him if he stays. He clearly has the team playing hard for him. I can root for a team that plays hard. Another year of off season program, not having Case in the first year of the offense, maybe solidly that line in front of him and shore up some of the skill positions and the Broncos are set to be a halfway decent team next year.

But who knows. Never a dull moment around this team lately.