• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

carter fun facts

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
out of 15 games hes recorded a goal in THREE of them

out of 15 games hes recorded a point in FIVE of them

leads the nhl in minor penalties with ELEVEN in 15 games

has as many minor penalties as points

shooting percentage is a whooping 9.1 %

has TWELVE career posteason goals in 43 games, TWO which were empty nets

anyone else want to add? and then forward to holmgren?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the hate doesn't go away eve when the team gets it going for a couple weeks does it??

:)

truth be told though i haven't noticed him at all the past few games.. on one hand that's good cause i haven't seen him being a lazy idiot (he's actually made a few good defensive plays).. but on the other hand, he's paid, and expected, to be a difference maker, and he certainly hasn't been that

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the hate doesn't go away eve when the team gets it going for a couple weeks does it??

:)

truth be told though i haven't noticed him at all the past few games.. on one hand that's good cause i haven't seen him being a lazy idiot (he's actually made a few good defensive plays).. but on the other hand, he's paid, and expected, to be a difference maker, and he certainly hasn't been that

his recent streak of minor penalties doesnt spell laziness? if you are taking lots of penalties its usually because of laziness and not moving your feet

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his recent streak of minor penalties doesnt spell laziness? if you are taking lots of penalties its usually because of laziness and not moving your feet

eh.. the team takes so many penalties i dont even bother to notice who it is now.. i've just kinda gotten used to it

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont re sign Carter. The cap room is great for Roo.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalties:
1 goalie interference (goalie was also called for diving)
2 slashing
5 high sticking
2 hooking
1 holding

11 lazy penalties, you say?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you trust and I mean trust the guy to score a game deciding goal in the playoffs when it counts.....if your answer is no then bottom line something has to and will be done by Feb. You can't afford to have those questions in your lineup when your taking a cup run I hope he shows me wrong in the next few months.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you trust and I mean trust the guy to score a game deciding goal in the playoffs when it counts.....if your answer is no then bottom line something has to and will be done by Feb. You can't afford to have those questions in your lineup when your taking a cup run I hope he shows me wrong in the next few months.

If you're asking "Do I think he can put the team on his back, beat 3 guys then the goalie to score the GWG in overtime?" then the answer is most definitely no and everyone but Giroux has to go. If you asking "Do I think he can score a goal in the playoffs?" then absolutely. A goal is a goal is a goal. A GWG is just as hard to score as a goal that puts you up 4.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The penalties:
1 goalie interference (goalie was also called for diving)
2 slashing
5 high sticking
2 hooking
1 holding

11 lazy penalties, you say?

5 high sticking penalties is a form of laziness..
one or two is excusable but 5? thats him being lazy and not making sure he knows where his stick is. an nhl player should be able to keep his stick out of peoples faces

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5 high sticking penalties is a form of laziness..
one or two is excusable but 5? thats him being lazy and not making sure he knows where his stick is. an nhl player should be able to keep his stick out of peoples faces

exactly! instead of getting position on the other player he is always reaching with the stick.

anderwho...does it get old being the jeff carter apologist all the time? i know he's not as bad as some make him out to be but 95% of the people on here have felt the same way about him for AT LEAST 3 years. do you think it may be time to come to the other side? you remind me of eaglerob (on the espn eagles board), guy is probably the best poster there but refuses to accept mcnabbs shortcomings to this day.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
me and my dad always get into the jeff carter debate every time i go home to watch a game with him. he always tries to defend jeff but eventually he's realizing that its been the same argument ive made for a long time and nothing has changed

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely flawed, but one more stat:
5th most goals scored over the last four years in the entire league.

what has he done for us lately?
this season hes been practically useless for 10 of 15 games and did nothing for us in the playoffs in his entire career except miss open nets and fail in the clutch. regular season goals don't say it all when you talk about jeff carter. if he used 100 percent of his ability instead of 75 percent that he chooses to use, he could be a 45 goal scorer yearly. plus he just doesnt fit on this team right now. theres no realistic spot for him. we need a natural winger to play with G.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have the 5th most goals but he's like A-Rod all meaningless...and if you look at hits,turnovers, dumb penalties, heart and playoff scoring he doesnt fare too well in any of those categories

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would take A ROd in a heartbeat. And I can't stand him. WHile I hear, and agree, with most of the anti-Cater sentiment, I don't buy into meaningless goals. Unless it is the 2nd empty netter of the night, there are just not that many empty netters. I can buy into the argument not to give him a long term deal. Or that he he doesn't deserve a raise. Or that I would rather have Leino and Giroux than him. BUt calling him useless is just plain wrong. And for a team that as of yesterday was #1 in the conference, no one on the team getting the ice time he is getting is useless.