• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz in hospital, will miss at least 4 games this season

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for you not caught up in a certain posters "posting style".

But since you are here, do you read that title and think "yeah, that is how things go these days and so that is likely to happen"? Or did you read it and think "wow, I need to see the link on this breaking news"?

Because I'm willing to bet every last one of you who have read this thought that was a statement of fact and wanted to see more info. One of you will claim that a statement like that is just a comment about what is likely to happen based on historical events.

Feel free to weigh in or kick me in the nuts. My point is made.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT!

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected it to be a troll thread by dbldwn fucking with pe1 so i clicked it to see if i could get a cheap laugh in before work. When i saw it was fordman who posted it, i immediately thought....holy shit, is this true? Then upon reading the post i was let down. Kicking fordman in the nuts for this emotional rollercoaster. Bastad.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not be true right now, but I'd bookmark this thread for a few months from now.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be ZERO tolerance for misleading title threads ..PERIOD.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it and thought it was a joke.

I think Wentz is fragile and will have injury concerns his whole career. I also think he will play 16 games this year or if he misses the last week it will be because it doesn't matter to the season and the coach just sits him out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it and thought it was a joke.

I think Wentz is fragile and will have injury concerns his whole career. I also think he will play 16 games this year or if he misses the last week it will be because it doesn't matter to the season and the coach just sits him out.
I'm wondering if maybe you don't start seeing QBs on playoff contenders getting sat during the season when they face a weaker team to preserve them for the playoffs and reduce the chance of injury.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But since you are here, do you read that title and think "yeah, that is how things go these days and so that is likely to happen"? Or did you read it and think "wow, I need to see the link on this breaking news"?

Because I'm willing to bet every last one of you who have read this thought that was a statement of fact and wanted to see more info. One of you will claim that a statement like that is just a comment about what is likely to happen based on historical events.

Considering the subject - it was too obvious.

Valiant effort though. I got a laugh before I turned in.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if maybe you don't start seeing QBs on playoff contenders getting sat during the season when they face a weaker team to preserve them for the playoffs and reduce the chance of injury.
No way. I get your point but it's only 16 games and HFA is just too important and you never know what can happen on any given Sunday. I often wonder why they don't pull QBs quicker though in games that are clearly over. NE would be a prime example of this. The downside of losing a Brady type QB is just too big to risk it:2cents:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. I get your point but it's only 16 games and HFA is just too important and you never know what can happen on any given Sunday. I often wonder why they don't pull QBs quicker though in games that are clearly over. NE would be a prime example of this. The downside of losing a Brady type QB is just too big to risk it:2cents:
Definitely won't argue regarding HFA. That's a good point about pulling QBs quicker though. I think with the younger QBs like Mahomes, Mayfield, Winston, etc. who haven't had any injury issues it might not be as important, but guys like Wentz, Watson, Luck, and the older ones who are all on contenders, it's surprising we don't see them pulled in some games around mid-3rd quarter.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see it either, just the typical sit your best players the last 1-2 weeks if you have a bye, playoff spot, etc. wrapped up. 16 games isn't a lot. This isn't baseball or even basketball.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Eagles wouldn't be that lucky. Wentz is a one-hit wonder.