• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carolina trading for Sam Darnold

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carolina was our most likely trading partner and I think this takes it off the board. Denver and NE could still be looking to move up.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a chance, but to be honest, I hope we sit still. Chase was my favorite player in college football in 2019 besides Burrow. I think a reunion would be fantastic.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on what ATL does.

Most teams know the Bengals and Dolphins are not taking a QB at this point with them trading around. Either could easily end up trading back, even if it's a few spots. That leaves Cincinnati in a nice position at 5 - a team looking to jump ahead of Miami to ensure they don't trade out, could look to that #5 pick to ensure they get their guy, but again - that depends on what ATL does. If they go position player, that means at least 2 QB's will be on the board - and a team can wait to see what Cincinnati does at 5 (in terms of trading) to see if they need to bargain with Miami. If ATL goes QB - suddenly that #5 spot becomes really important for a few teams - and some of the most recent mocks have Fields as the 5th QB being taken - meaning any if a team wants to ensure they get that last QB, they need that #5 pick.

I still think any one of 7-Denver, 8 - Car, 9 - Det could look to add a QB. I don't think anything they've done turns them away from landing someone like Fields if he's still there at 5. I would not drop any further back than 9.