• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer about to be Amnestied

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo reportedly offered 96 mil contract by the Lakers.

I can see that, no chance for a sign and trade with Phil in new york, he signs the fifth year in LA for 30 million, its only 3 less than new york can offer.

LeBron said to meet with LA this weekend, but unless kobe takes a pay cut he wont be the highest paid player on the team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo and Kobe playing together would be a train wreck. I can't see that working.

Melo would do well with LeBron because LeBron can create shots for him. I can't see Melo and Kobe doing anything but taking turns unless Kobe decided to be a creator.

Kobe has pretty much always been willing to be a distributor/creator when he has teammates that he can count on to score (especially as he's gotten older). If nothing else, 'Melo can score.

Word is, that he's willing to do more of that with 'Melo. Also, 'Melo is supposedly one of Kobe's closest friends in the league, so that should help some as well.

No doubt there will be some hiccups along the way, just as there were with Lebron and D-Wade, but if they both want to win, they'll figure it out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that, no chance for a sign and trade with Phil in new york, he signs the fifth year in LA for 30 million, its only 3 less than new york can offer.

LeBron said to meet with LA this weekend, but unless kobe takes a pay cut he wont be the highest paid player on the team.

The Lakers seem to think they have a shot at getting both 'Melo and Lebron (although they seem to understand that it's a very long shot). I don't see how unless they backload these contracts to reflect huge pay increases after Kobe retires in 2 years.

But I'm not in the room looking at the numbers like they are, so who knows? Personally, I put the Lakers chances of getting 'Melo at about 50/50, getting Lebron at about 20% and getting them both at less than 5%.

Also, under the current cba, I don't think Kobe could go back and re-negotiate with the Lakers even if he wanted to. Once the contract is signed, that's pretty much it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Melo trying to recruit Pau to NY?

Yeah. If he ends up re-signing with the Knicks, he wants Pau there. However, I'd be surprised if Pau goes to the Knicks. I think that if 'Melo signs with the Lakers, so does Pau. If 'Melo goes back to the Knicks, then I think Pau goes to Miami.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If he ends up re-signing with the Knicks, he wants Pau there. However, I'd be surprised if Pau goes to the Knicks. I think that if 'Melo signs with the Lakers, so does Pau. If 'Melo goes back to the Knicks, then I think Pau goes to Miami.

Interesting theory. Guess we'll wait and see. Still holding out hope that one Carmelo will come to Chicago.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers sign Melo for that much they can't take on Gasol unless he wants to take a pay cut. Remember Kobe makes 30 mill a year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers sign Melo for that much they can't take on Gasol unless he wants to take a pay cut. Remember Kobe makes 30 mill a year.

Gasol has said he'd take less to play for a chance to win and Kobe is getting $24 mil, not $30 mil. My guess would be that if the Lakers get 'Melo, they will use the stretch provision on Nash to free up an extra $6 million. Plus, they have Bird rights on Pau, so they can go over the cap to retain him and some of their other FA's.

There have also been a couple of teams that have shown some interest in Nash's expiring contract (which would free up $9 million), although I think that would be a bit of a longshot.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boozer doesn't have much left. Gibson took over for him this year.

I disagree. He was overpaid so expectations were through the roof when he signed with Chicago. He's just 32 (on the downside, but certainly not a dinosaur by any means), if he signs for a reasonable contract (the MLE, about 5.3 million per season) he can still post 15ppg and 8-9rpg and be a productive player.

The MLE is the average salary in the NBA and is a reasonable contract for him when Meeks gets 3 years and 19 million and Bradley was given 4 years and 32 million.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo and Kobe playing together would be a train wreck. I can't see that working.

Melo would do well with LeBron because LeBron can create shots for him. I can't see Melo and Kobe doing anything but taking turns unless Kobe decided to be a creator.

Kobe averaged nearly 8apg the 2nd half of the 2012-2013 season when they rallied to make the playoffs and 6.3apg last season.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC is going hard after Gasol and they may Amnesty Perkins soon.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol has said he'd take less to play for a chance to win and Kobe is getting $24 mil, not $30 mil. My guess would be that if the Lakers get 'Melo, they will use the stretch provision on Nash to free up an extra $6 million. Plus, they have Bird rights on Pau, so they can go over the cap to retain him and some of their other FA's.

There have also been a couple of teams that have shown some interest in Nash's expiring contract (which would free up $9 million), although I think that would be a bit of a longshot.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Los Angeles Lakers

23.5 million.

Nash should be stretch provision-ed. Saves them 6 million for next season and they can stretch that out over the next 2 seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Los Angeles Lakers

23.5 million.

Nash should be stretch provision-ed. Saves them 6 million for next season and they can stretch that out over the next 2 seasons.

If using the stretch provision is necessary to add another piece (like Pau) then I agree that they should use it on him. However, if the Lakers don't need it, then I say bite the bullet, pay him his $9 million this year and have all of it available for the next FA class.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is going hard after Gasol and they may Amnesty Perkins soon.

OKC is expecting Gasol to come over to want to win at a mid level exemption price tag. They are not talking big money with pau.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pau made his big contract. Nobody is offering pau big money, if he can make 5 million at OKC, less at miami, he will take less to stay in la.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If using the stretch provision is necessary to add another piece (like Pau) then I agree that they should use it on him. However, if the Lakers don't need it, then I say bite the bullet, pay him his $9 million this year and have all of it available for the next FA class.

Ask Mrs Mecca, I've been saying they should use the Stretch provision on him.

*Struts like a peacock*