• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals Trade For Arenado.....

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So rockies send Arenado, still pay a quarter of his remaining g salary, and don't take back even a top 5 prospect from the cardinals system?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gomber the main guy going to Colorado, and the Rockies are paying part of Arenado's contract.

The only thing I don't like about this trade is that Arenado wants to retain his one year out clause. Hopefully this won't be an issue since most who have become Cardinals players want to remain Cardinals players long term. Other than that, once this deal is completed it might end up being as good as 'BrockForBroglio' and we should be a real contender in the National League.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I don't like about this trade is that Arenado wants to retain his one year out clause. Hopefully this won't be an issue since most who have become Cardinals players want to remain Cardinals players long term. Other than that, once this deal is completed it might end up being as good as 'BrockForBroglio' and we should be a real contender in the National League.
Nothing will ever equal that trade.

The opt out concerns me but at his age I can't see him opting out thinking he'll get more money.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was rumored that he gets a second opt out

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also the opy out is a concern, plus he might get a second one after 2022 season for waiving the no-trade clause. Like you said, once he gets a taste of Cardinal Nation, when fans can attend, he will love it in STL.

The Rockies are expected to send $50M to STL to cover part of the $199M Arenado is owed over the next 6 years. That's just $25m/year out of STL's pocket.

If they can resign Wong, they would have one of the best defensive infields in the game.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will ever equal that trade.

The opt out concerns me but at his age I can't see him opting out thinking he'll get more money.

Hello my friend and I hope you are doing well. I agree, nothing will ever equal that trade but I had to say it since 'BrockForBroglio' started this thread. I hope you're right about the opt out because I want him to be with us for awhile.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also the opy out is a concern, plus he might get a second one after 2022 season for waiving the no-trade clause. Like you said, once he gets a taste of Cardinal Nation, when fans can attend, he will love it in STL.

The Rockies are expected to send $50M to STL to cover part of the $199M Arenado is owed over the next 6 years. That's just $25m/year out of STL's pocket.

If they can resign Wong, they would have one of the best defensive infields in the game.

Well, we just signed Wano for another year and it looks promising that we will sign Yadi soon too. If we resign Wong where do we play Edmond? What happens to Carpenter? And finally, what do the Cardinals keep seeing in Bader that I'm not seeing?

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we just signed Wano for another year and it looks promising that we will sign Yadi soon too. If we resign Wong where do we play Edmond? What happens to Carpenter? And finally, what do the Cardinals keep seeing in Bader that I'm not seeing?

As for Carpenter, he can be a utiljty guy. I know he is making some good money, but where is he going to play? IMO, Wong is the better defender, and they need lefthanded bats. There is always a need for good bench players who can play multiple positions.

I like the Waino deal being just 7-8Mil.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you concerned about his out clause? If he bailes, you use the money Colorado sent you on someone else. You actually come out ahead, financially, if he opts out.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Carpenter, he can be a utiljty guy. I know he is making some good money, but where is he going to play? IMO, Wong is the better defender, and they need lefthanded bats. There is always a need for good bench players who can play multiple positions.

I like the Waino deal being just 7-8Mil.

Yes, I like the Waino deal too, and yes Wong is a good defender but I like the bat of TE better and I think he needs to be in our starting lineup somewhere. Back to my question about Bader, what do the Cardinals continue to see in him that I am not seeing?

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I like the Waino deal too, and yes Wong is a good defender but I like the bat of TE better and I think he needs to be in our starting lineup somewhere. Back to my question about Bader, what do the Cardinals continue to see in him that I am not seeing?

I really have no idea why Bader is continually trotted out to Centerfield. He is fast, plays decent defense, altho I think he dives for balls when he doesn't really need to. On offense, he swings from his heels, occasionally squaring the ball up. TOO many K's.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea why Bader is continually trotted out to Centerfield. He is fast, plays decent defense, altho I think he dives for balls when he doesn't really need to. On offense, he swings from his heels, occasionally squaring the ball up. TOO many K's.

We are certainly in agreement on Bader. I know he is a good team cheerleader on the field and in the clubhouse. I know he is good defensively. I know he is fast and he can steal some bases if he ever gets on base. But he can't hit his weight at the MLB level with several years to keep attempting to. I guess the Cardinals keep thinking this will be his breakout year and I hope they are right.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. It was already a crappy return for the Rockies before you get into the fact that they're still paying $50M on that contract. Absolute robbery for St. Louis, the Rockies should be contracted.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. It was already a crappy return for the Rockies before you get into the fact that they're still paying $50M on that contract. Absolute robbery for St. Louis, the Rockies should be contracted.

I guess sometimes it is legal to steal and I certainly hope this trade turns out to be that way long term.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deal is awful for the Rockies. Did Neil Huntington become their GM?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Wong. Edman will provide good D and better, switch hitting offense at minimum wage.