• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Kmart (AB)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I mean. I kinda really think he has a mental illness. If he got that court appointed evaluation, and someone Convinced him to take his meds. He could be brand new. Anti psychotics and that work quick sometimes. If he's bipolar......... I'm not saying anything he did is right, but could be a reason. Everyone goes right to cte. But head hits can exacerbate mental illness too.

Ever see ballers in hbo? Kinda like Ricky on there.
Honestly, I think he needs a complete cognitive restructuring. The way his ego talks first is not from a mental illness. It's a superiority complex. He refers to himself in the 3rd person a lot of times. It used to be funny, but looking back its plain to see he was just a complete asshole.

But that isn't to say the irrational behaviors, and things of that nature aren't rooted in mental illness. That's a different subject.

No didn't see Ballers. Been meaning to watch it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think he needs a complete cognitive restructuring. The way his ego talks first is not from a mental illness. It's a superiority complex. He refers to himself in the 3rd person a lot of times. It used to be funny, but looking back its plain to see he was just a complete asshole.

But that isn't to say the irrational behaviors, and things of that nature aren't rooted in mental illness. That's a different subject.

No didn't see Ballers. Been meaning to watch it.
See but the thing is. That ego thing, yeah bipolar can explain that big time. Again, just saying. Mania is crazy. If you've never seen it, or know anyone whose had it...... but yeah that whole me me me , can be it. Not saying it is. Just another perspective.

ballers is great. But unfortunately it just stops midway last season.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again @FaCe-LeE-uS not at all saying it is this............but saying it could be, and if he got meds.......they could be beginning to work...........could be a personality disorder or schizo too, but for sure can manifest like that.

When Excessive Pompousness Is a Sign of Bipolar Mania

"As a symptom, grandiosity exists on a spectrum, ranging from inflated self-esteem to sweeping delusions of grandeur. Grandiosity can be difficult to pin down because the people experiencing the symptom, as well as those around them, may not recognize it as anything more than pompousness, arrogance, or boastfulness."

• Exaggerating your own achievements
  • Criticizing and dismissing other's achievements or talents
  • Constantly boasting and talking about yourself
  • Believing yourself to be infallible or invulnerable
  • Believing that you are more intelligent than others
  • Thinking that common rules don't apply to you
  • Acting selfishly
  • Treating others with disdain or contempt
  • Not caring if you hurt someone with your actions
  • Being quick to anger if you are challenged
  • Being unable to see how your behavior affects others
  • Being unable to see how unrealistic your beliefs and actions are
Sounds like him a bit...........

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again @FaCe-LeE-uS not at all saying it is this............but saying it could be, and if he got meds.......they could be beginning to work...........could be a personality disorder or schizo too, but for sure can manifest like that.

When Excessive Pompousness Is a Sign of Bipolar Mania

"As a symptom, grandiosity exists on a spectrum, ranging from inflated self-esteem to sweeping delusions of grandeur. Grandiosity can be difficult to pin down because the people experiencing the symptom, as well as those around them, may not recognize it as anything more than pompousness, arrogance, or boastfulness."

• Exaggerating your own achievements
  • Criticizing and dismissing other's achievements or talents
  • Constantly boasting and talking about yourself
  • Believing yourself to be infallible or invulnerable
  • Believing that you are more intelligent than others
  • Thinking that common rules don't apply to you
  • Acting selfishly
  • Treating others with disdain or contempt
  • Not caring if you hurt someone with your actions
  • Being quick to anger if you are challenged
  • Being unable to see how your behavior affects others
  • Being unable to see how unrealistic your beliefs and actions are
Sounds like him a bit...........
I'll admit mental health is a gray area for me. From my perspective it seems very black & white, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

Good info though. :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit mental health is a gray area for me. From my perspective it seems very black & white, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

Good info though. :suds:
I think it its a mulitude of things........but just in my opinion theres more there than hes just an asshat. He very well may be an asshat, but something else is helping that, mental health issues, brain injury etc.....

Ballers main character ricky actually had undiagnosed bipolar, and he gets diagnosed during the show, he had some of these "me me me" traits

Again, im not a psych, and its impossible to know. Ive worked with some "rapid cycling" bipolar patients. Where they switch bw mania and depression or mania and "normal" quickly. Is fascinating, and scary. Totally normal 1 day. The next day they are are in outerspace thinking they are King Edward and the world owes them, gambling away their life savings, cheating on their wife, and moving to mexico. Literally. 3 days later making a call from jail to their family in tears apologizing trying to figure out what happened

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it its a mulitude of things........but just in my opinion theres more there than hes just an asshat. He very well may be an asshat, but something else is helping that, mental health issues, brain injury etc.....

Ballers main character ricky actually had undiagnosed bipolar, and he gets diagnosed during the show, he had some of these "me me me" traits

Again, im not a psych, and its impossible to know. Ive worked with some "rapid cycling" bipolar patients. Where they switch bw mania and depression or mania and "normal" quickly. Is fascinating, and scary. Totally normal 1 day. The next day they are are in outerspace thinking they are King Edward and the world owes them, gambling away their life savings, cheating on their wife, and moving to mexico. Literally. 3 days later making a call from jail to their family in tears apologizing trying to figure out what happened
I can see the mania element at play with AB since he always thinks the world is out to get him. He views himself as a victim of circumstance and does absolutely nothing to help himself. He clearly has the will power to use his own brain so its not as if hes a slave to his actions. Maybe to spontaneous impulses like blowing loads on a chick's back, or throwing furniture off balconies. But he talks all the time about "surrounding himself with a better support system for his mental health, brand, etc" but he always ends up surrounding himself with assholes suckling at his pocketbook-teet. Biggest problem he has is he craves the attention but won't admit it. Part of that ego we always talk about. He flaunts his money everywhere he goes. If that's the approach he has to life then he only has himself to blame when the leeches come out of the woodwork. Plus he outright conflicts with those trying to actually help him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the mania element at play with AB since he always thinks the world is out to get him. He views himself as a victim of circumstance and does absolutely nothing to help himself. He clearly has the will power to use his own brain so its not as if hes a slave to his actions. Maybe to spontaneous impulses like blowing loads on a chick's back, or throwing furniture off balconies. But he talks all the time about "surrounding himself with a better support system for his mental health, brand, etc" but he always ends up surrounding himself with assholes suckling at his pocketbook-teet. Biggest problem he has is he craves the attention but won't admit it. Part of that ego we always talk about. He flaunts his money everywhere he goes. If that's the approach he has to life then he only has himself to blame when the leeches come out of the woodwork. Plus he outright conflicts with those trying to actually help him.
I think you're missing my point. The point is with mania and cycling, at times, you don't have the control, your gone, then comes back into focus. Mania can last days, weeks. Its actually not something that last 10 min then goes away. Every element of what you just typed about him is the exact points i brought up in a prior post. Also, yes many times people do contradict those trying to help them, they feel ashamed, dont' wanna admit they have a problem, are afraid. Also, mania can be pleasurable, that "grandiose" feeling people like. They don't wanna let go of that ability to feel like a god. Again, Im not saying its definitively that, or the like. Im just pointing out that it could be that, and could be that he got some help from his court appointed mental health eval, and medication may be starting to work, mere speculation. But the points being made, are things described a few posts up. Whether you , me , or anyone else believes that is the case, is a different story.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're missing my point. The point is with mania and cycling, at times, you don't have the control, your gone, then comes back into focus. Mania can last days, weeks. Its actually not something that last 10 min then goes away. Every element of what you just typed about him is the exact points i brought up in a prior post. Also, yes many times people do contradict those trying to help them, they feel ashamed, dont' wanna admit they have a problem, are afraid. Also, mania can be pleasurable, that "grandiose" feeling people like. They don't wanna let go of that ability to feel like a god. Again, Im not saying its definitively that, or the like. Im just pointing out that it could be that, and could be that he got some help from his court appointed mental health eval, and medication may be starting to work, mere speculation. But the points being made, are things described a few posts up. Whether you , me , or anyone else believes that is the case, is a different story.
I had a feeling I was already lost or contradicting our convo.

This is why I hate speculating on mental health. It require mental gymnastics to comprehend.

I guess my only point is that I'm afraid that it may appear "convenient" for people to dismiss his actions over the last year+ because of mental illness. Like you, not sayin he does or doesn't have it! Who the hell knows!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling I was already lost or contradicting our convo.

This is why I hate speculating on mental health. It require mental gymnastics to comprehend.

I guess my only point is that I'm afraid that it may appear "convenient" for people to dismiss his actions over the last year+ because of mental illness. Like you, not sayin he does or doesn't have it! Who the hell knows!
Ha no I get it. I was just saying that it would fit. That perhaps his apology tour is because he's finally on meds. It's pure speculation. I still can't stand him fwiw.!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here, for your amusement, is Antonio Brown's impression of a boxer.

https://cutt.ly/LrJBF8v

It wanted to embed, but then wouldn't work.

So I used a shortener.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Mostly you a little bit of me ! Yee yee !! I never realized how good I had it, got caught up in my emotion with everyone coming after me I really apologize for my actions sincerely man ! It’s never been another connection like what we done in the past decade. I appreciate you. Sincerely AB"

:pound:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Mostly you a little bit of me ! Yee yee !! I never realized how good I had it, got caught up in my emotion with everyone coming after me I really apologize for my actions sincerely man ! It’s never been another connection like what we done in the past decade. I appreciate you. Sincerely AB"

Oh my.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maxresdefault.jpg