• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cappa in the fold

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good signing and contractually - very nice. just $10M yearly average is very nice.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know much if anything about Cappa. Seems like a strange target as a guy they focused on first over anyone else.

I don't have a strong opinion on him either but it's a young player at a position of need coming from one of the best OLs in the NFL. Sounds like a solid move imo

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now. Trade for Collins and sign Boozman. If we can do that I am happy as hell. Especially if we get Collins. A 3rd rounder is a steal for this guy, and his contract is as reasonable as you are going to get in this market for one of the top tackles in the game. 10 mill a year for next 3 years and he is in his prime, and all his guaranteed money has already been paid so if we had to cut him for whatevewr reason, there is no dead cap. This is a risk free move and a massive upgrade.

Collins should be our number 1 priority if we are serious about protecting Burrow and not killing the cap. Finally use a little draft capital for a serious upgrade.

I would even be okay with a little lesser C than Jensen or Boozman if we can land Collins. No tampering during this time right now if you are doing a trade. So I hope we are in those talks. 3rd this year and a 5th next year with a chance for it to become a 4th? Still sounds like a steal.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ted Karras interior OL from the Pats signed a 3 year deal.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a tough high, but his production numbers were good on PFF from what I remember.
It's what Hopkins was making, basically - and he's a major upgrade over him.

Plus, allows positional flexibility. Let's say the C in the draft falls to 31...now you can take him and plug and play.

Or you can go BPA at 31, trade down, trade for a RT, etc...and you live with Carmen at LG for a year to see if he's got it surrounded by Williams and Karras. That's not bad.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were solid moves. Two major upgrades at reasonable prices that will both have deals that clear a bunch of money before we have to cut extensions for Burrow and Higgins next offseason. Also, as pointed out, the Karras move gives flexibility if the Iowa center somehow drops to us at 31.

It's clear the Bengals were favoring age and durability in their evaluations. I like the moves.