• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Capitals likely to host Winter Classic in 2014 or 2015..

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jan/1/caps-await-their-chance-to-host-event/

http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/c...on-National-Mall-?blockID=622736&feedID=10376

If this comes to fruition, where would you like to see it played?

I think that the site lines are much better in a football stadium but FedEx is a horribly organized monstrosity and way the hell out in Landover. Last year was great because it was so accessible that we actually went down for the fair and alumni game the day before as well. There is no way people would drive to Landover two days in a row and there would be no background of the city.

I have not been to the Nats stadium yet but have heard it is awesome.

As cool as the idea of it being played on the mall is, I don't see that happening.

Unless the Skins build something new in the city, I would hope it goes to Nationals Park and not FedEx.

Question 2: who would you like to play?

If President Obama gets re-elected the Blackhawks would be cool. If not, I wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers or Bruins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually like to see it in RFK, that place just has a special place in my heart. Add in that it is right off the metro (so is Nats Park though) and that would make it incredibly accessible.

As far as the opponent, I'd like to see either the Devils or the Rangers.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capitals await their chance to host Winter Classic - Washington Times

2014 Winter Classic on National Mall?

If this comes to fruition, where would you like to see it played?

I think that the site lines are much better in a football stadium but FedEx is a horribly organized monstrosity and way the hell out in Landover. Last year was great because it was so accessible that we actually went down for the fair and alumni game the day before as well. There is no way people would drive to Landover two days in a row and there would be no background of the city.

I have not been to the Nats stadium yet but have heard it is awesome.

As cool as the idea of it being played on the mall is, I don't see that happening.

Unless the Skins build something new in the city, I would hope it goes to Nationals Park and not FedEx.

Question 2: who would you like to play?

If President Obama gets re-elected the Blackhawks would be cool. If not, I wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers or Bruins.

PLEASE GOD, NO!

Fuckin' right! :thumb: