• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap situation

Jrik83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

It's way too early to truly show concern, but that 122.5 number for next year is pretty undesirable, especially with them having to worry about retaining Talib, Wendell and Spikes (although at the moment I feel like they are going to let him walk).

I remember reading a report that they were going to try to go after some of that Hernandez money a few weeks back. That would definitely lighten the burden if they could pull that off, although, legally, I don't know how feasible it actually is.

On the positive side, they do have a decent amount of cap to play with if something were to come up in the next few weeks...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the timing made it more difficult, but that once he is convicted they should have a reasonable case that it should be removed.

I also think not challenging it yet is a deliberate and intelligent move. The organization would be made to look awful and like all they cared about was fighting for the money right now, and the claim will be made easier as we near a trial.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus the cap number will go up so we will have some wiggle room.. some players will go via FA and other odds and ends will work out.. we can always stretch guys out signing bonuses and other things.. the Pats always seem to find a way to make it work in the end.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are fine CAP wise for 2014 and 2013. They are still well under the CAP despite having to write of AH and they are at $114 for 2014 including AH but not counting the carryover they will have from 2013 where their adjusted CAP is $129.7 with carryover from 2012.

Miguel's UNOFFICIAL 2013 Patriots Salary Cap Information Page

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be fine, but not in a position to make major moves. Which might mean losing a good player they'd like to keep, or it might mean not adequately replacing a retiring player, or it might mean losing out on a free agent they'd really like to have, but doesn't mean the end of the world. Hope for some of these rookies and 2nd year players to make a splash - if you have quality youth on a football team, the cap numbers take care of themselves.