• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canyon De Chelley

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This little canyon is located in Arizona west of the Petrified National Forest and north of the 40 by about 50 miles, after you have driven past the Petrified National Forest about 40 to 50 miles or so. There is a really nice motel and restaurant there and store with reasonable prices. The Canyon is worth the drive and is a good half day to do the pull outs, take pictures short of hikes. CDC1.jpg

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been close to this several times but never visited. Are there ancient cliff dwellings in there or just interesting rock formations?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been close to this several times but never visited. Are there ancient cliff dwellings in there or just interesting rock formations?
Yes, On the north side. Last year I took some pictures of them, but then in November of last year my computer hard drive crashed and I lost those pictures, so I went back this year and took some more. There are two drives. One on the south side and the other on the North side. I didn't have the time to go to the North side where they are though. The real beauty is on the south side. From my perspective certain pictures are best in the Morning, then return for the other pictures in the late after noon. It's about a half day of viewing if you take your time, but don't do any serious hiking. There tours that will take you down into the canyon as well. I am pretty sure that I will want to go there one more time and spend a full day. Fabulous motel in the 80 to 100 dollar range per night with a nice restaurant

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I spelled it wrong - should be Canyon De Chelly and it is pronounced Canyon De Shay according to the local indians

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've visited the Red Mesa rock formations in western Colo and I 've been out to AZ, but never been there. If we ever do that RV rental drive out west I will make it a point to stop.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've visited the Red Mesa rock formations in western Colo and I 've been out to AZ, but never been there. If we ever do that RV rental drive out west I will make it a point to stop.
It's a real beauty worthy of a full day, one night or so

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember answering this, but yes they are - on the north side. It's easily a four hour deal at the most, but I got there the night before, they have a really nice motel with good rates - I think I paid about $110 per night which was quite reasonable - nice restaurant and great food. I spent about a half a day and then went on my way - I highly recommend this little jewel - you will not be disappointed