• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can't think of a one word summary...

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for how bad thisyteam is right now.

If you don't remember the Wayne Cashman era...and it was pretty unmemorable, this is what it was like. A good team that could have been much better that didn't do much in it's own zone, hung the goalies out to dry and only scored in streaks.

I have seen ZERO defense from this team...ZERO. Timmonen is the only consistent Dman. There is no evidence of a system of defense, no evidence that adjusting to the opposition is even considered.

The Flyers have allowed 5 goals as I write this. Exaclty 1 is the fault of the goaltender. ONE!!! the other 4 are the result a team that is not prepared or playing like an NHL team. That is the fault of the coaching staff and the GM.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for how bad thisyteam is right now.

If you don't remember the Wayne Cashman era...and it was pretty unmemorable, this is what it was like. A good team that could have been much better that didn't do much in it's own zone, hung the goalies out to dry and only scored in streaks.

I have seen ZERO defense from this team...ZERO. Timmonen is the only consistent Dman. There is no evidence of a system of defense, no evidence that adjusting to the opposition is even considered.

The Flyers have allowed 5 goals as I write this. Exaclty 1 is the fault of the goaltender. ONE!!! the other 4 are the result a team that is not prepared or playing like an NHL team. That is the fault of the coaching staff and the GM.

I would even say that is questionable. Bob played very well IMO. Same reason I have defended Bryz all season. This game would have been 10-2 if it werent for some of the nice saves Bob made.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to analyze any Flyers/Rags games from this year. Lundy is our kryptonite ... and I think the fact that we cannot beat him frustrates the whole team.

In the 5 meetings this year, we've outplayed them for the majority of the time, but have 0 wins to show for that.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehehe, usually I am accused of being to generous to the goalies. I think Bob and Bryz are not the problem no matter how you slice it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is very undisciplined right now. There is very little attention to deal. The passes out of the d zone are sloppy, the passing in te offensive zone is sloppy and when it is there, the attention to the shot is terrible. The coverages on defense are horrible. How many times was the back door pass wide open right through the crease today?

The rangers play fundamental hockey and NEVER make mistakes. The flyers are a much more talented team but the rangers play sound hockey and the flyers don't. This team looks like a bunch of rookies out there, but it's the defense (coburn carle and mesz especially) that are bringing this team down. And ive seen enough of giroux on the pk, es just chasing the puck around now with no thought of who he's supposed to be covering

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we stink in day games:mad:

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is very undisciplined right now. There is very little attention to deal. The passes out of the d zone are sloppy, the passing in te offensive zone is sloppy and when it is there, the attention to the shot is terrible. The coverages on defense are horrible. How many times was the back door pass wide open right through the crease today?

The rangers play fundamental hockey and NEVER make mistakes. The flyers are a much more talented team but the rangers play sound hockey and the flyers don't. This team looks like a bunch of rookies out there, but it's the defense (coburn carle and mesz especially) that are bringing this team down. And ive seen enough of giroux on the pk, es just chasing the puck around now with no thought of who he's supposed to be covering

Very good summary
So the answer to the one word summary is "FUCKED"
Right now,they are fucked as to how to play,how to defend,how to solve their problems.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put things into perspective things are never as good as they seem and never as bad. If you add the right guy to that D it will tie it all together. Its not that Pronger was the best dman in the league but he was the glue on that D along with Timonen. Timonen can't do it himself as we're finding out. I had hopes that Mez or Coburn could pick it up but I guess they are what they are. In any case I have faith that Homer will find a guy either a temp this year or a real guy....then they'll be fine.

I'm just glad that you guys are seeing that the goaltending isn't as bad as it was being made to be. As a goalie you can only do so much. When our goalies fuck up its magnified because the D's broken down multiple times before that. Lundquist fucks up its ok because they're team D covers the rest.

They also have been taking bad penalties and the refs don't help either by missing some on them or calling retarded shit. What did Sestito do to get an extra 2? Shit like that is killing them....

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What did Sestito do to get an extra 2? Shit like that is killing them....

Abso-fucking-lutely nothing. He was jumped by three players. Was the second one in on a fight where punches were being thrown through the refs (Bickel threw first through the refs breaking it up, Sestito got fed up with getting hit so he started throwing). Somehow we get an extra penalty. And our PK sucks right now.

That started my outrage over this game. UNfortunately our shitty play made me forget about the refs in the end.