• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cant beat top teams #1's

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i might be wrong im just going on memory with this buuuut

st.louis
boston
nyr one win was against biron but still have had issues
pens no sid so who knows how those games wouldve gone
no wins against bryz this year
nucks couldnt even beat scheinder.

very alarming!

also as big a fan of kovy as i am he seems to disappear in tough spots. i dont remember him going into ny against queen and taking over the show like he did against the isles at home last week. same goes into philly against bryz or up into boston.

very worrying trend that this team cant take on the top teams when they are putting out their best talent

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just dont want the devils to come out kovy gets 4pts and we win 5-2 and everyone be quick to just dismiss the game against the flyers. we arent going to be playing the islanders or the avs in the playoffs. wins against non playoff teams are always nice but there is a reason they are non playoff teams.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is the case that Kovy tends to shy away from the big games, then we need others to step up. I would love for Kovy to take over, but if he's slacking we need the secondary scoring to kick in. We can't live and die by any one player. If Kovy is off, Parise and Henrique need to take their game to another level, Elias needs to step up, the 3rd line needs to start putting people through the boards. If we lose in the first round it's because we lost, not because the other team beat us.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a similar note, while we have not been able to get a lot of wins against these teams we have not looked out of our league with them either. I thought we played Vancouver well aside from the first, Boston there were 2 games where it was our mental errors that led to the losses rather than getting out played. This team is very capable of winning the cup they just need to be smart.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do agree that the games were close and your right that other people need to step it up. It's just scary as a team we can't seem to step up. We have almost 4 30 goal scoring forwards. Yet games like Tuesday seem to happen far too often.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, not that this is a sky is falling post because I think we're still in great shape, Elias and Parise need to step up their shit when things are going poorly for us and the team needs a wake up call. Parise as the captain and Elias as the veteran leader on this team need to hold people accountable, call people out when neccessary and elevate their own games.

Parise has been invisible in a few of these stinkers and Elias has been coasting a bit too much and getting cutesy on offense.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I agree. I like that everyone is "friends" and they all get along. But your right I hope its not a country clhb atmosphere and parise can step up and call someone out

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i might be wrong im just going on memory with this buuuut

st.louis
boston
nyr one win was against biron but still have had issues
pens no sid so who knows how those games wouldve gone
no wins against bryz this year
nucks couldnt even beat scheinder.

very alarming!

also as big a fan of kovy as i am he seems to disappear in tough spots. i dont remember him going into ny against queen and taking over the show like he did against the isles at home last week. same goes into philly against bryz or up into boston.

very worrying trend that this team cant take on the top teams when they are putting out their best talent

I actually think that Kovy gets a bit too geared up for the bigger games. You can tell by how much he carries the puck vs other games. You can always tell when he's not thrilled with his shift because if things aren't going well he circles in the Devils end and then starts storming up the ice, which is the classic Kovy we don't want IMO. He's fine though. It's March, they're well into the playoffs, and unfortunately, I'm sure they all know it. They just need to stabilize.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do agree that the games were close and your right that other people need to step it up. It's just scary as a team we can't seem to step up. We have almost 4 30 goal scoring forwards. Yet games like Tuesday seem to happen far too often.

I think the biggest problem is that you've seen Zubrus and Sykora slow down tremendously with their production. That's a lot of secondary scoring to be losing. Henrique too.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabokov is the only one I can think of that is recent.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah sykora and zubrus have been non factor on the score sheet. Heck the second pp unit too

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be fine as long as we avoid the B's and Pens in round 1 anybody else I have faith we can and will beat them

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
streak continues. add the pens healthy and complete to the list of top teams we cant beat