• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cannibal Sandwiches

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here enjoy these at all? I have many of these over the holidays!

Cannibal Sandwiches: A Polarizing And Misunderstood Wisconsin Tradition

cannibal_sandwich_main_1.jpg

A Holiday Dish Going Back Generations, The Raw Beef Delicacy May Be Making A Comeback

Imagine. It’s the holidays and to quiet your pre-dinner hunger, someone hands you a slice of rye bread topped with a thick spread of fresh raw beef, chopped onion and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

Sounds great, right?

"At first you look at it like, excuse me? I’m supposed to do what with that?" said Jeff Zupan, operations manager of Bunzel’s Meat Market in Milwaukee, and a lifelong cannibal sandwich enthusiast.

Cannibal sandwiches are a longtime Milwaukee tradition. Come Christmastime, Bunzel’s goes through over 1,000 pounds of raw beef and about 250 pounds of raw onions, exclusively for cannibal sandwiches.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gross. But would try.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not my thing, but even if i did try it, i'd do it with thinly-sliced raw ribeye steak or maybe top sirloin or something, not raw hamburger.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Holiday Dish Going Back Generations, The Raw Beef Delicacy May Be Making A Comeback

Imagine. It’s the holidays and to quiet your pre-dinner hunger, someone hands you a slice of rye bread topped with a thick spread of fresh raw beef, chopped onion and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

Sounds great, right?

"At first you look at it like, excuse me? I’m supposed to do what with that?" said Jeff Zupan, operations manager of Bunzel’s Meat Market in Milwaukee, and a lifelong cannibal sandwich enthusiast.

Cannibal sandwiches are a longtime Milwaukee tradition. Come Christmastime, Bunzel’s goes through over 1,000 pounds of raw beef and about 250 pounds of raw onions, exclusively for cannibal sandwiches.

Hello, e. coli

image.jpg

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not my thing, but even if i did try it, i'd do it with thinly-sliced raw ribeye steak or maybe top sirloin or something, not raw hamburger.
I’d do it with fresh deer or elk

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds great, right?

You can keep the raw meat snadwiches. I'll take the cheese.

(Typed "snadwiches" by accident, but decided not to correct it. Sounds like a proper moniker for a raw beef sandwich).

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me at the title, but no...

I would eat a people sandwich, though

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds great, right?

I'd imagine it's a lot like Mett sandwiches in Germany, which are delicious!

upload_2019-11-15_15-50-46.jpeg

Last edited:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to mention... ^^^ that's raw pork