• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canadiens sign Toffoli

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. Good luck with the Habs.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. Good luck with the Habs.

We still need new management though. Clean house and possibly a new owner if he doesn't start giving a shit.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titties should do well there. They need someone who gets to a scoring area. He isnt going to drive or create a play but he can finish one with the right linemates.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titties should do well there. They need someone who gets to a scoring area. He isnt going to drive or create a play but he can finish one with the right linemates.

They consensus is he will be flanking Suzuki or their C prospect Kotkaniemi. We all know he can't create all too well, but when paired with the right guys it can work like we saw with Carter and Pearson for several years.

Good article on him in The Athletic about how it's been a humbling little while for him. He should be because he pretty much shit the bed his final years in LA, one anonymous NHL executive said he let the fat wallet and beach lifestyle take over his professional career. That was evident in his play so hopefully a new place with a new start in good for him.

The problem is he is in Montreal so if he was looking to go incognito, that ain't happening. And if he fails to deliver again he is in for a rough ride on this contract.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of that roster is playmakers, so this should be a slam dunk for titties and become the new montreal hero....but i doubt that happens

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish la was in on dubouis, i like his play at both ends hes tough

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish la was in on dubouis, i like his play at both ends hes tough

Gonna have to pass. The guy has already shown that he'll quit on a team when he's unhappy.
Compare him to Laine who also asked for a trade. Difference with Laine is has been playing like
the best player on his team. DuBouis just quite on his team and his trade value is pretty shitty right now.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts has a history of destroying players, dubious is a very difficult player to play against and is young. Havent heard the kings in on him anyways so your safe

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the Kings passed on Dubois, not because of the attitude - Carter had a shit attitude when he was in Columbus for a minute but that changed when he came to LA - but because the Kings are not ready to compete for a Cup and it would be a waste of assets at this time.

Bigger issue to me is Dubois, Carter, Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc. all wanted out of CBJ and eventually left by trade or FA. I'm from NE Ohio, not Columbus, but from my understanding it is a pretty solid sports town. What it is about the place that makes people want to leave? Tortorella obviously can be a pain in the ass, but I'm talking about the city itself?

Anyone?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the Kings passed on Dubois, not because of the attitude - Carter had a shit attitude when he was in Columbus for a minute but that changed when he came to LA - but because the Kings are not ready to compete for a Cup and it would be a waste of assets at this time.

He is only 22, i think that puts his age perfect for a top line shutdown guy that gets points.....and his biggest asset, watch him play, this guy competes. Non news anyway, but this guy gets a cup in his career.

As far as columbus, they joke its the american Winnipeg and vice-versa....so sounds not to pleasant

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to pass. The guy has already shown that he'll quit on a team when he's unhappy.
Compare him to Laine who also asked for a trade. Difference with Laine is has been playing like
the best player on his team. DuBouis just quite on his team and his trade value is pretty shitty right now.

See his last shift in Columbus? Holy crap, it was awful on purpose. Mission accomplished, he wanted to force himself out of Columbus and managed to do so.

Roslovic is a good player, intriguing. Lot of speed and I think he can be better than a 3C, he should get that chance now for the BJs. They addressed one area that's been tough for them in getting Laine essentially since Nash left in 2012 (scoring) but also depleted another position (C) that has been a sore spot for them for years by trading Dubiois.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is only 22, i think that puts his age perfect for a top line shutdown guy that gets points.....and his biggest asset, watch him play, this guy competes. Non news anyway, but this guy gets a cup in his career.

As far as columbus, they joke its the american Winnipeg and vice-versa....so sounds not to pleasant

That's the thing though, is he a legitimate 1C? I don't know. It's pretty soon to tell considering he is only 22. He does compete all 200 feet but 3 years from now at 25 and just about in his prime, will be a Kopitar or a higher skilled Stoll? Not bad players, just saying he's still developing and it's hard to call him a legitimate cornerstone. Peg paid a big price for a guy they are banking on to anchor their first line for long time, but there was no other real option with Laine wanted out for some time. Both teams basically traded their problem children to each other.

If that's what it is, makes total sense. I haven't been back to Ohio in 32 years, may have to make a trip over a weekend sometime just to see how much I end up hating the place in 48 hours.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titty slide begins, blew his load in January - 8GP/6G/3A/1.125 PPG, 7GP/4G/2A/.86 PPG in February. Eight of this guy's 10 goals have come against a shit Vancouver team.

My money is he is traded midway through this deal in 2 years or so, run out of town.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to track him this season so expect these monthly updates with some notes

Jan - 8GP/6G/3A/9 pts/1.125 PPG
Feb - 12GP/6G/2A/8 pts/.67 PPG
Season Total - 20GP/12G/5A/17 pts/.85 PPG

- 8 of his 12 goals have been against the Canucks, 2 against the Leafs, 1 each against Calgary and Ottawa
- 6 of his 17 points have been on the PP or PK, so he is putting up good ES numbers
- his S% is 17.9%, which is the highest of his career. Next highest: 14.7% in 2015-16, his 31 goal season in LA. This was he best season of his career I felt as a player, he was a solid 200' foot player and did everything. Then he gets the 3 year deal after 2016-17 and it was downhill from there. Curious to see how this contract plays out
- significant drop in PPG from Feb vs January. Coincidentally, Vancouver only on their schedule twice in Feb (1st and 2nd), got 4 of his 8 Feb points in those two games (3G/1A) which bumped his PPG for the month. Otherwise he is sitting at 10GP/3G/1A/4pts/.40 PPG for Feb. Ouch. They were on there 3 times in January but there was only 8 games total.

Next up, Ottawa at the Habs tomorrow at 4pm. I expect a hat trick since he is feeding off the bottom dwellers but the Frenchies are still in novelty phase with him and don't know any better. They just shit canned Claude Julien last week after a rough month, they don't put up with that stuff over there. Matter of time before he hits the Toffoli Skid and they will be on him like nothing he has ever experienced.

And is it just me or am I constantly hearing " the _________________ have fired Claude Julien as head coach"? Seems like the dude is fired every week from somewhere.

Last edited: