• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can you say "shutdown?"

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:

Chris Harris: Practicing against Wes Welker has made me better

The Broncos signed wide receiver Wes Welker to help their offense.

According to one member of their defense, though, Welker’s presence is benefitting Denver on the other side of the ball as well. Cornerback Chris Harris spent the spring facing off with Welker during drills and says that the experience has caused him to improve as a player heading into his third NFL season.

“We definitely have great battles each day and we’ve made each other way better,” Harris said, via the Broncos website. “I feel like, at this time compared to last year, I’m light years better than I was. I know he’s gotten a lot better, too. I’m excited to be able to cheer him on and not have to play against him.”

A better Harris should serve Denver well. With Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in town, Harris will see less time on the outside of the defense and it’s hard to think of many slot receivers that have been more troublesome matchups for defensive backs in recent years than Welker. With plenty more work ahead of them in camp, Harris should be able to polish his game even more before the Broncos spring him on unfriendly competition.

Chris Harris: Practicing against Wes Welker has made me better | ProFootballTalk

A guy that Pro Football Focus rated a top 5 CB based on performance feels lightyears better. Now, I don't usually have a single favorite player, but Chris Harris is slowly earning that title from me. Can't wait to see him continue his progress by getting another 98 yard pick-six from Flacco on opening night.

Go Broncos!