• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Lebron deal with the Ball family?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lebron won't have the same say he had. There's a hell of a difference between how LA is run and how the cavs are run. If lebron has such a serious issue with a player you can bet your ass zen-master Luke will find a way for them to co-exist before trading the former #2 pick who's had less than one full season in the NBA.

2. You'd think an NBA veteran would not give a damn what a 20 year olds father has to say about him. "Sure I love the money, fame and glamor of LA but THAT GUY!!!!"

Lets look at the history to date.

Lavar:

"You got LeBron, it's going to be hard for his kids because they are going to look at them like, 'You got to be just like your dad.' And after a while, that pressure starts sitting on you like, 'Why do I got to be just like him? What can't I just be me?'
And then they are going to be like, 'Aw, you're soft, you're not that good.' Because the expectation is very, very high."

Lebron:

"Keep my kids' name out of your mouth,'' "Keep my family out of your mouth. This is dad to dad. It's a problem now.''

Lakers brass asks LaVar Ball to tone down the rhetoric
Lakers brass asks LaVar Ball to tone down the rhetoric

LaVar Ball: Magic Johnson 'Can't Tell Me What to Do,' Should 'Worry About Lonzo'

The Lakers Still Don’t Know How to Deal With LaVar Ball
The Lakers Still Don’t Know How to Deal With LaVar Ball

I hate Lebron more than anybody. But if you think Lebron does not have say over some kid averaging 9 points per game and is already hurt than I don't know what to tell you.

Nobody wants to waste a number 2 pick but it happens. You think Magic gives a shit now that he has Lebron?
What is Magic's incentive to keep Ball? The kid is a question mark. The clock is ticking on Lebron's 4 years.

Forget about developing talent now. Surround James with established talent now while you can.
If ball ends up staying it's because James wanted him to.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I gather from this thread Lebron will not be wearing Lavar's shoes.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ball does in fact get traded, Lavar's rant is going to make Dan Gilbert's letter look tame and meek.

That said, the Rondo signing somewhat boggles the mind. Lance, Rondo, McGee. So much for cerebral teammates for LeBron.
I think the plan for Magic Johnson is to have LeBron work with Ingram, Lonzo and Kuzma for the most part and then wait til next summer for the rest of the team. EVERY ONE knows the Lakers is not a contender this year and LeBron has accepted that.