• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can John Lynch Go From Respecting Military To Counter Culture Kingdom w/ 49ers?

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think the toughest one. I haven’t told this yet to the media. All my kids took it really well,” Lynch said. “They were shocked but they took it really well,” Lynch said, via NFL.com. “My 9-year-old started bawling, and she’s not that girl. She’s the one that was always happy. And she was crying, and I said, ‘What’s wrong Leah? Are you afraid? Is there some nervous anxiety about moving?’ And she said, ‘No daddy,’ and she was sobbing. And I said, ‘What’s wrong?’ And she said, ‘The 49ers are horrible.’ So, I said, ‘Well, I think that’s why they hired your daddy.”

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is obviously why the team went outside the box with its hiring of Lynch, who has no front office experience, to be its new general manager.

If Lynch’s daughter is worried about failure here, that’s an understandable concern. Though, by bringing on former Broncos executive Adam Peters and Lions general manager Martin Mayhew to help him make the transition, the Hall of Fame finalist has put himself in a good position to succeed.

That doesn’t make his daughter’s response any less hilarious.

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Lynch, Kyle Shanahan plan to meet with Colin Kaepernick

John Lynch says he and Colin "hit it off" in previous broadcast meeting

It would be a football decision but think part of that, there’s different layers to that, and so I think everything will be included in the decision. I’m not talking about specifically about his stance but I think when you have a quarterback, the great ones are leaders of men, so I think all those things will be taken into account.

I’m looking forward to sitting down with him, I really am. Colin and I, you know when I did some 49er games, I’d say we hit it off. He and I, I think there was a trust there and so I think that trust extends and I’ve certainly reached out and I’m looking forward to talking with him.

Lynch only did one 49ers game in 2016 but he has an eight-year history of talking to quarterbacks during his broadcasting career.

I’ve been doing this for 8 years, how many Niners games have I done, I’ve done a bunch, but Colin and I, you always meet with the quarterback. Bob [Lange, Vice President of Communications] said, “Wow, he doesn’t seem to trust many people and he seems to trust you.”

Trust was obviously a large issue between Kaepernick and the former regime and this at least indicates that the door isn’t completely closed. There could be a possibility that he stays but I believe that’s only if the decision is made possible by Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan. I don’t believe that Kaepernick has the full support of the ownership any longer. Will Jed York meddle in the decisions made by Lynch and Shanahan or will they be given free reign?

All indications point towards Lynch and Shanahan not being controlled by ownership although both will report directly to Jed York. Although York did open the press conference, it became pretty clear John Lynch was the dominant personality of the group. That will be something to track moving forward, particularly in light of the issues of the past few years.

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Lynch's pedigree? Daddy: San Diego newspaper owners proudly promote conservative causes

Honor the sacrifices of our troops

640x360

Charger Girl Kaylin signs autographs in Iraq. She and another Charger Girl stayed until they had spoken to every Marine. (/ Photos courtesy of Douglas Manchester)

(As alluded to above, Doug Manchester is John Lynch, Sr.'s business partner)

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the other hand, since they will never be coming to San Diego, Maybe John Jr. will ignore it?

But maybe not....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOL'd

“My 9-year-old started bawling, and she’s not that girl. She’s the one that was always happy. And she was crying, and I said, ‘What’s wrong Leah? Are you afraid? Is there some nervous anxiety about moving?’ And she said, ‘No daddy,’ and she was sobbing. And I said, ‘What’s wrong?’ And she said, ‘The 49ers are horrible.’ So, I said, ‘Well, I think that’s why they hired your daddy.”