• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Can anyone dethrone the Golden State Warriors?

Can anyone dethrone the Golden State Warriors

• Boston Celtics

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Toronto Raptors

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • LA Lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia 76ers

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milwaukee Bucks

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Minnesota Timberwolves

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just talking about the game I saw the other night that was a 2 pt game late. Pretty sure Westbrook can overcome that at a pretty good clip.
Yes, it was another lackadaisical, disinterested performance by the Warriors. Something we've grown accustomed to seeing from them in the regular season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was another lackadaisical, disinterested performance by the Warriors. Something we've grown accustomed to seeing from them in the regular season

Can’t get up in game 1? LMAO

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are lazy.
Even if this were true (it's not) they are so good they can beat a very good OKC team being lazy. The word you are looking for is complacent. Like all the best in sports it can be hard to play with intensity every regular season game.

Cavs in 6!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t get up in game 1? LMAO

Ring ceremonies take super long and usually take a bit of air of the sails for the team receiving them. They played flat last year too against the Rockets.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if this were true (it's not) they are so good they can beat a very good OKC team being lazy. The word you are looking for is complacent. Like all the best in sports it can be hard to play with intensity every regular season game.

Cavs in 6!
Can't beat a bored team? LMAO
^ This is why the Celtics are gonna win the title this year... they're gonna go all Clubber Lang on your @sses in the Finals.

Then Golden State is gonna have to travel to the Ural Mountains and run up the highest peak if they want to have any hope of getting their mojo back.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ This is why the Celtics are gonna win the title this year... they're gonna go all Clubber Lang on your @sses in the Finals.

Then Golden State is gonna have to travel to the Ural Mountains and run up the highest peak if they want to have any hope of getting their mojo back.
Boston will easily be the toughest Finals of the KD era in Oakland

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs in 6!
A very mediocre team (without Russell Westbrook and on the road). But choosing between complacent and lackadaisical is pretty nit picky

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston will easily be the toughest Finals of the KD era in Oakland
The Celtics are deep but their inexperience under pressure showed last year against Cleveland.. Probably the second best team in the NBA.
As far as beating the Warriors in the playoffs; a lot will depend on how well Cousins meshes with the team I think

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are deep but their inexperience under pressure showed last year against Cleveland.. Probably the second best team in the NBA.
As far as beating the Warriors in the playoffs; a lot will depend on how well Cousins meshes with the team I think
Oh I'm pretty sure the Warriors win that series if healthy. Just that it won't be easy like the last 2 years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be as inexperienced this time around. No one wins their first time in the playoffs. You need a year or two of playoff seasoning (just like the Ws did). They also have the best coach in basketball. It's gonna be a good Finals.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very mediocre team (without Russell Westbrook and on the road). But choosing between complacent and lackadaisical is pretty nit picky
This one time the Warriors played with fire and intensity all year trying to win 73 games. They did it! And lost in the Finals.

It would not make sense for them to play with total crazy intensity every game of the regular season and that's just a fact

They are gonna lose like 15-20 games. It will not be because they are lazy, that's the NBA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be as inexperienced this time around. No one wins their first time in the playoffs. You need a year or two of playoff seasoning (just like the Ws did). They also have the best coach in basketball. It's gonna be a good Finals.

They're not that inexperienced at all

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ring ceremonies take super long and usually take a bit of air of the sails for the team receiving them. They played flat last year too against the Rockets.

I think the Lakers have played flat after just about every ring ceremony I've seen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if JaVale McGee averages more than 12 pts and 9 rebonds a game ill charter a flight to LA to cut your lawn every week next summer

theres a better chance i hit a grand slam against Clayton Kershaw in the World Series next year for the Indians

First game: 13 pts, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks in 22 minutes.

Lakers as a whole? A bit sloppy, need time to learn each other's tendencies better. Nerves certainly were affecting the jump shots at least early, and not just the 3s. Lakers will have a tough time with bigs if they're going to use Kuzma to defend them. He's not a great defender against guys his OWN size. Tough to get everyone minutes, but Svi would help with the perimeter shooting and Wagner could help at the 5 once he's healthy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm pretty sure the Warriors win that series if healthy. Just that it won't be easy like the last 2 years.

It is interesting.

Because I do think the current Celtics match up a lot better with the Warriors than the Cavs ever did.

But, they are not currently better than the '16 or '17 versions of the Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game: 13 pts, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks in 22 minutes.

Lakers as a whole? A bit sloppy, need time to learn each other's tendencies better. Nerves certainly were affecting the jump shots at least early, and not just the 3s. Lakers will have a tough time with bigs if they're going to use Kuzma to defend them. He's not a great defender against guys his OWN size. Tough to get everyone minutes, but Svi would help with the perimeter shooting and Wagner could help at the 5 once he's healthy.

Yeah, I liked a lot of what I saw. I really like the pace they played at. They were among the league leaders in fast break points last season at around 17 a game and had 34 fast break points last night.

The perimeter defense looked okay for most of the game, but if a guy gets beat on the perimeter, there's literally no rim protection unless McGee is in and even then, if he's away from the basket, it's tough to get back.

A lot of the game, they looked like a team that hasn't played together a whole lot, especially after about the first 9 or 10 minutes when Luke started subbing guys in.

I thought Lonzo's form looked a little better and his release was quicker, but the results weren't there. Hopefully, that will change as the season moves on and everything settles.