1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Campbell and Clifford to Leafs

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by Stunner_At_Staples_Kings, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Stunner_At_Staples_Kings

Stunner_At_Staples_Kings Giant Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,023

Maple Leafs acquire Campbell and Clifford from Kings for Moore, picks - Sportsnet.ca

Sort of surprised by the Campbell move. I would imagine Cal Peterson and Seattle expansion team looming had to do with the reasoning behind moving him.

Always loved Clifford, and forever grateful for his effort in getting two cups. He's a UFA this summer, along some others, so I get it. Need to keep getting younger and open spots for young guys going forward.

2. davnlaguna

davnlaguna Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,637

Don’t like it at all. Needed Campbell for expansion draft next year. Nothing wrong with Moore but meh ok

3. Kings4OT

Kings4OT Suck my Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Its ok i suppose, i assume quick will be unprotected and pederson is the future. Always liked clifford and his effort.

4. LAKINGSFAN

LAKINGSFAN Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I am okay with it. I like them both but its time to move on. Both picks coming to the Kings are conditional. So, if Cliffy resigns with the Leafs the pick turns into a second round. Also, if Soupy wins 6 games this season the pick for him becomes a second round.
    Seems very similar to what Lombardi did. Basically hoarded picks and built the team up from the draft and then had prospects/picks to trade.

5. Stunner_At_Staples_Kings

Stunner_At_Staples_Kings Giant Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,023

Feels weird. Leafs Lineup has a few Kings now. Might be even more before the trade deadline. Hope they have success overall.

Johnsson - Matthews – Marner
    Kerfoot - Tavares - Hyman
    Clifford - Spezza – Kapanen
    Engvall - Gauthier - Timashov

Muzzin – Holl
    Dermott - Barrie
    Sandin - Liljegren

Campbell starts
    Hutchinson