• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Alex, David Baas, Giants 2-1

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I had this crazy thought while responding to Bemular in the 157 thread. And decided it needed its own thread.

The 49ers beat the Giants in the regular season last year, but it was a hard fought battle and came down to Justin Smith doing his DPOY *deserving* stuff and predicting Manning's pass then deflecting it.

But, after the Giants got the 49ers on film along with playing them live...

The Giants were on it defensively in the NFC Championship game, they pretty much had an answer to everything the 49ers did, with the exception of VD beating his guy on some TD passes.

What if the Giants CBs were in Crabtree's pocket because they knew what routes he was going to run from the formation?

The Giants defense shut down the 49ers offense again a few weeks ago... almost as if they knew what the 49ers were doing ahead of time.

Baas was at Camp Alex, he has a playbook...

I initially blew this idea off when some of the posters brought this up at the beginning of last year's regular season, but now I'm like... sure, the Giants are good, but their dominance is bordering on insider information.

Just my crazy thought.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I owe you an apology, sort of. When I started to read your post, I thought you were going in the direction of saying we were calling plays this year knowing how we revealed too much in last year's regular season's game that helped them in the NFCC game. That we were not gameplanning so they'd be guessing in the playoffs. Someone on 49er.com suggested this and it wasn't received well. Harbaugh is competitive, he doesn't drop games for the future, especially when this game could have given us a better shot at a bye. So, I apologize. :)

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants CB made some great lucky catches, they wont be making those every time.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I owe you an apology, sort of. When I started to read your post, I thought you were going in the direction of saying we were calling plays this year knowing how we revealed too much in last year's regular season's game that helped them in the NFCC game. That we were not gameplanning so they'd be guessing in the playoffs. Someone on 49er.com suggested this and it wasn't received well. Harbaugh is competitive, he doesn't drop games for the future, especially when this game could have given us a better shot at a bye. So, I apologize. :)

I was just following Occam's Razor

Defensively speaking, the Giants seem to be a step ahead of the 49ers offense. The only way they could be so is if they knew what the 49ers were doing ahead of time... and since the 49ers disguise it so well... a playbook from camp alex sure would come in handy for the Giants.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I had this crazy thought while responding to Bemular in the 157 thread. And decided it needed its own thread.

The 49ers beat the Giants in the regular season last year, but it was a hard fought battle and came down to Justin Smith doing his DPOY *deserving* stuff and predicting Manning's pass then deflecting it.

The Giants were on it defensively in the NFC Championship game, they pretty much had an answer to everything the 49ers did, with the exception of VD beating his guy on some TD passes.

What if the Giants CBs were in Crabtree's pocket because they knew what routes he was going to run from the formation?

The Giants defense shut down the 49ers offense again a few weeks ago... almost as if they knew what the 49ers were doing ahead of time.

I initially blew this idea off when some of the posters brought this up at the beginning of last year's regular season, but now I'm like... sure, the Giants are good, but their dominance is bordering on insider information.

Just my crazy thought.

The Giants dominated us one game out of the three. The NFCCG could have easily been ours if it wasn't for a couple of mistakes.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious? Dawg, with the exception of VD beating coverage for 2 TDs... the Giants shut down Gore and Smith in the NFC Championship game. I know they have a lot of talent, but after their domination a few weeks ago I'm leaning towards the idea of Baas giving them a playbook sure the fuck helps.

Don't get all crazy and think this is an excuse for Alex Smith, it isn't.... I was actually trying to defend Crabtree and the notion that the giants CBs were in his pocket all day.

It reminds me of what Carlos Rogers said after the rout of Tampa, how Donatell coached him up and put him in position to cut off routes and make plays.... Donatell just did that with film, imagine what the Giants coaching staff could do with a copy of the 49ers playbook.

Wouldn't be hard to eliminate guys like Crabtree and the rest of the WRs if you know what routes they are running because you have the playbook thanks to Camp Alex and Baas.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're seriously short-changing the Giants defense. It's not like our offense is that complicated.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious? Dawg, with the exception of VD beating coverage for 2 TDs... the Giants shut down Gore and Smith in the NFC Championship game. I know they have a lot of talent, but after their domination a few weeks ago I'm leaning towards the idea of Baas giving them a playbook sure the fuck helps.

Don't get all crazy and think this is an excuse for Alex Smith, it isn't.... I was actually trying to defend Crabtree and the notion that the giants CBs were in his pocket all day.

It reminds me of what Carlos Rogers said after the rout of Tampa, how Donatell coached him up and put him in position to cut off routes and make plays.... Donatell just did that with film, imagine what the Giants coaching staff could do with a copy of the 49ers playbook.

Wouldn't be hard to eliminate guys like Crabtree and the rest of the WRs if you know what routes they are running because you have the playbook thanks to Camp Alex and Baas.

I don't care if they shut down Davis and Gore. Kyle Williams doesn't fumble that KO and we win that game. We also beat them earlier in the year, and Alex had his best game of the season against them. That doesn't qualify as "dominance".

Also, wasn't Adam Snyder at Camp Alex? Did he give a copy to the Arizona Cardinals as well?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt it. I'd like to think that the 49ers' offense has evolved since the Spring of 2011.

Probably told them some of the basic terminology...:think:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my crazy thought.

based on how crabtree is looking now, this only happened because of his foot issues.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a stretch. I mean the "play book" at Camp Alex was more of a bare bones generic West Coast Offense. It had basic plays but it was more about terminology and verbiage. Also Camp Alex "play book" had no WildKap in it and that wasn't very effective against the Giants.

We were outplayed and out coached this year against the Giants period. We need to learn from it and move on. (I'm sure the team has anyway) IMO the Superbowl goes through NY so hopefully we learned enough to beat them in the playoffs.