• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camera advice?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a crap ton if waffling and looking at things. I bought one of these.

More a long zoom camera. Great reviews from consumers and others .

• My parents brought me a Pentax K-1000 back in early 70's from one of their vacations.

I got all hot to trot on cameras, bought a 35 MMM W/A and an 80-205 Zoom.

This was 35 MM SLR but the camera was a bayonet mount for the lenses.

I found I can only take so many sunset pictures. I gave it away 10 years ago.

Now I get my son to take my cat pictures with his phone.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• My parents brought me a Pentax K-1000 back in early 70's from one of their vacations.

I got all hot to trot on cameras, bought a 35 MMM W/A and an 80-205 Zoom.

This was 35 MM SLR but the camera was a bayonet mount for the lenses.

I found I can only take so many sunset pictures. I gave it away 10 years ago.

Now I get my son to take my cat pictures with his phone.
Lol. I cant see the picture? Yeah i have a feeling lots of cat pictures will be mixed in , especially with me second one now.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I cant see the picture? Yeah i have a feeling lots of cat pictures will be mixed in , especially with me second one now.

No pictures attached.

Taking digital shots is going to be a lot cheaper than getting fast film. And no developing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pictures attached.

Taking digital shots is going to be a lot cheaper than getting fast film. And no developing.
Sorry thought the bullet point was a missing image. Lol yeah digital is always cheaper. Ive just used my iphone for years.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question, do cameras still use film??

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my camera yesterday. Aside from it not being in the original box, using a replacement charger, and no user manual( which is online).... flawless no scratches, nothing. On canons site for 300 now ....so 150 was a decent deal.

definitey need to figure it out. Glad i didnt buy a mirrorless or dslr, because i dunno what im doing lol.

thing i noticed is you half press the shutter to focus and full press to take a photo, thats tricky for me. Also the shutter is a bit slow but that's expected on this type of camera i think. Maybe it speeds up on different settings? Like “live”

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ive been trying to find a new hobby. Semi intrigued in photography.

All the articles and sites make things overwhelming. Ill be honest i dont wanna spend 3-5-700 on a starter camera for something i may not even stick with. Plus i dont understand how to use all that right now anyways.

Any rec on a camera? Or a place to buy used cameras? Easiest to experiment and dabble with a point and shoot?
Personally, I have a canon rebel 24.2 megapixels with a 16 to 300 mm zoom. They have an 18 to 400 mm zoom which I really want. Canon is unique because the 18 to 400 zoom is not an option on some cameras and having one çamera with one lens is much easier to carry with a wider variety of options of pictures to zoom in on. Nikon is also a great camera and Sony is a piece of shit

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ive been trying to find a new hobby. Semi intrigued in photography.

All the articles and sites make things overwhelming. Ill be honest i dont wanna spend 3-5-700 on a starter camera for something i may not even stick with. Plus i dont understand how to use all that right now anyways.

Any rec on a camera? Or a place to buy used cameras? Easiest to experiment and dabble with a point and shoot?
The only camera I have is a Canon T6i - and I now have a 18-400 zoom lens. I love it because I can take a wide angle shot or a zoom in as much as I want without having to change lens. The camera has auto focus, and a variety of settings so for photos, landscape, sports and etc.. so all you have to do is aim and shoot. Once you play with it, you will learn about special effects. The Sony, my sister has is a mirrorless camera, and has to have two lens which means she is constantly changing lens and dirt gets in easily when she does that - but they have some nice settings which allows her to get some powerful shots. I suggest if you go on Facebook to National Parks in Color, that you will get an idea of what you can do with your camera- let me know if you want more information

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only camera I have is a Canon T6i - and I now have a 18-400 zoom lens. I love it because I can take a wide angle shot or a zoom in as much as I want without having to change lens. The camera has auto focus, and a variety of settings so for photos, landscape, sports and etc.. so all you have to do is aim and shoot. Once you play with it, you will learn about special effects. The Sony, my sister has is a mirrorless camera, and has to have two lens which means she is constantly changing lens and dirt gets in easily when she does that - but they have some nice settings which allows her to get some powerful shots. I suggest if you go on Facebook to National Parks in Color, that you will get an idea of what you can do with your camera- let me know if you want more information
Gracias!