• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton revisited

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He was AWFUL today.

After an amazing rookie season, has he been figured out? Has he even been an average QB since then?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's regressed, but he just isn't in a very good situation. Not a fan of that coaching staff or his surrounding cast sans DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait until he has an offensive coach.

A lesson learned from the Alex Smith years. Nolan and Singletary had absolutely no idea what they were doing and Smith looked well on the path to being a Leaf type bust. Exit stage left and in comes Harbaugh and Reid, now Smith has turned his career around.

Another lesson from the Smith years. The Panthers, just like the 49ers, got the #1 Pick because they were not very talented. Landing a QB doesn't fix all of the holes in the staring lineup, unless arguably it is Manning or Luck. It took the 49ers a long time to put together a talented team to support the QB and I don't believe that Carolina has been able to quickly plug those gaps in the starting lineup either.

I see Cam had another 300 yards to go with his loss though. Remember when Alex took all kinds of criticism because he used Cam as an example about how unimportant it is to throw for 300 yards every game if you still lose the game?

No, I'm not trying to get you to dust of your this thread got Alex'd picture... haha.. its just that it makes sense to me to use Smith as a comparison because the coaching situations are pretty similar with Defensive HC and changing OCs along with not having a super-talented team.

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was AWFUL today.

After an amazing rookie season, has he been figured out? Has he even been an average QB since then?

It's called being a black QB. We have seen this play out before.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and GA3 are done, just live vince young.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple of key drops early in the game, both in the red zone, on well-thrown balls. Basically, after that we got down and had to throw the ball more than usual. Truth is, Cam really looked sharp out there the first half.

But there's no excuse for the 2 picks in the red zone. We're not good enough to survive those kinds of mistakes. I really wonder whether Newton is the QB of our future, tbh.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should have been absolutely no expectations for Cam Newton or the Panthers to succeed when they hired Ron Rivera as a HC. They are a hot a mess right now as far as salary cap and talent is concerned. One guy certainly can't do it all.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give some credit to the cardinals. Washington showed why hes one of the best MLB in the league.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll wait until he has an offensive coach.

A lesson learned from the Alex Smith years. Nolan and Singletary had absolutely no idea what they were doing and Smith looked well on the path to being a Leaf type bust. Exit stage left and in comes Harbaugh and Reid, now Smith has turned his career around.

Another lesson from the Smith years. The Panthers, just like the 49ers, got the #1 Pick because they were not very talented. Landing a QB doesn't fix all of the holes in the staring lineup, unless arguably it is Manning or Luck. It took the 49ers a long time to put together a talented team to support the QB and I don't believe that Carolina has been able to quickly plug those gaps in the starting lineup either.

I see Cam had another 300 yards to go with his loss though. Remember when Alex took all kinds of criticism because he used Cam as an example about how unimportant it is to throw for 300 yards every game if you still lose the game?

No, I'm not trying to get you to dust of your this thread got Alex'd picture... haha.. its just that it makes sense to me to use Smith as a comparison because the coaching situations are pretty similar with Defensive HC and changing OCs along with not having a super-talented team.

:10::agree:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Kitty continues to regress. I think he's a douchebag and am glad to see him fail.