• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton, Most Overrated QB Ever?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look at who he has beaten in his career...

5-11 Jacksonville
5-11 Washington
2-14 Indianapolis
4-12 Tampa Bay
10-6 Houston
4-12 Tampa Bay
5-5 New Orleans
4-6 Washington

Out of his 8 wins in the NFL
1 came vs the worst team in the NFL (2011 Colts)
2 came vs a team that had Quit and had lost to the Jags by 27(2011 Bucs)
1 came vs a Horrible Redskins team (2011)
1 came vs the Jags

He has started Each season 2-8.

He acts like a spoiled Brat when he loses.
He acts like SuperMan when he wins.

No better example than this past week. Cam newton did NOTHING to help the Panthers win, but after he throws a TD and does his SuperMan pose, his team is outscored 17-0 in under 10 minutes to lose. (And for the record Jimmy Clausen could have thrown that TD to Lafell)

He needed ONE Yard for a 1st down and to win the game, and instead is tackled a yard short, a good QB gets that yard, as Freeman showed in the 3 drives after Newton comes up Short once again. SUPERMAN DOES NOT GET TACKLED ONE YARD SHORT TO LOSE.

A real QB would have had his team in a position that one yard would not matter. A real QB would have buried the Bucs in the worst game they played all year. Not allow them to hang around and Win.

I have never seen ANY QB have so Few Wins, and almost ZERO Quality wins but acts and is talked about like a Great Player.

He reminds me of Jeff George. A Born loser who acts like his Shit Dont Stink.

I am just glad they did not end up with Luck or RGIII (who I was really wrong about, that guy is going to be a Great).

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to mature a little bit and become more consistent, but the tools are there. What your analysis leaves out is that the Panthers O-line is wretched.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most overrated QB ever is Michael Vick.

Cam really needs to improve his accuracy, but he otherwise has all the physical attributes needed to be a great QB. His biggest hurdles will be overcoming his immaturity, poor decision making, and poor attitude.

In short, he'll be great if he can stop being a fat ****.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That.^^^ I think it's still too early to tell, but if I were a Panthers fan I'd definitely be concerned about his mental makeup.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most overrated QB ever is Michael Vick.

Cam really needs to improve his accuracy, but he otherwise has all the physical attributes needed to be a great QB. His biggest hurdles will be overcoming his immaturity, poor decision making, and poor attitude.

In short, he'll be great if he can stop being a fat ****.

Not saying Vick is not one of the most overrated... But Vick was the first QB to ever win a playoff game At Green Bay. Which was his 2nd year in the NFL (Might have been his 3rd, forgot when he came in 00 or 01).

Vick has also lead his teams to records of
9-6-1
11-5
8-8
10-6
His playoff record is
2-3 (Whats Matt Ryans?)

Jeff George would have been one of the all time greats, but he was a big fat ****. I dont see Newton all of a sudden becoming a Leader at the QB position. Guys like him and George are incapable of seeing something from Any perspective other than their own.

And yes they have had OLine problems, but not as many as the Bucs. Yet the Bucs had some of the fewest sacks given up and a 1,000 yard runner. This was out starting OLine, and who is starting now.
LT Penn - Same
LG Nicks - Zuttah
C Zuttah - Larsen
RG Joseph - Merideth
RT Trueblood - Dotson

Also to be clear, I hate Steve Smith. 1) He ended someones career in the NFL on a Sucker Punch. 2) He has killed the Bucs damn near every game. But I respect his Game. I would want his Football Persona as a Buc. This has nothing to do with my Hate for Newton (and it is somewhat a Hatred). It has to do with Hype and Horrible QB play... (Trust me, I do know something of this.......... :(

Then again this is all my opinion...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK Cam Newton dude. That kid is total trash and his attitude is garbage.

He might be the most unlikable star athlete I have ever seen.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Vick is not one of the most overrated... But Vick was the first QB to ever win a playoff game At Green Bay. Which was his 2nd year in the NFL (Might have been his 3rd, forgot when he came in 00 or 01).

Vick has also lead his teams to records of
9-6-1
11-5
8-8
10-6
His playoff record is
2-3 (Whats Matt Ryans?)

Jeff George would have been one of the all time greats, but he was a big fat ****. I dont see Newton all of a sudden becoming a Leader at the QB position. Guys like him and George are incapable of seeing something from Any perspective other than their own.

And yes they have had OLine problems, but not as many as the Bucs. Yet the Bucs had some of the fewest sacks given up and a 1,000 yard runner. This was out starting OLine, and who is starting now.
LT Penn - Same
LG Nicks - Zuttah
C Zuttah - Larsen
RG Joseph - Merideth
RT Trueblood - Dotson

Also to be clear, I hate Steve Smith. 1) He ended someones career in the NFL on a Sucker Punch. 2) He has killed the Bucs damn near every game. But I respect his Game. I would want his Football Persona as a Buc. This has nothing to do with my Hate for Newton (and it is somewhat a Hatred). It has to do with Hype and Horrible QB play... (Trust me, I do know something of this.......... :(

Then again this is all my opinion...

Vick also played weaker teams while he was in Atlanta. And he typically excels against mediocre defenses, which pads his stats. Also consider he was, at one point, the highest paid player in the league.

George was a dick, but he never had the acclaim that Vick had, so I don't think he can overtake Vick as the most overrated.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fair at all to compare Matt Ryan's Falcons to Vick's Falcons. When Vick was there, they literally has NOONE who could catch the ball.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fair at all to compare Matt Ryan's Falcons to Vick's Falcons. When Vick was there, they literally has NOONE who could catch the ball.

They had that TE from UNC that Vick loved throwing to, they also had 2 good RBs to shoulder the load in the running game. Even if they had great WRs, Vick's inability to read defense or throw a decent pass would've rendered them useless. I don't think any great WR would want to play on a team with that type of QB.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick also played weaker teams while he was in Atlanta. And he typically excels against mediocre defenses, which pads his stats. Also consider he was, at one point, the highest paid player in the league.

George was a dick, but he never had the acclaim that Vick had, so I don't think he can overtake Vick as the most overrated.

I think Vick played strong teams in Atlanta. That 2002 team played one of the toughest schedules ever. They played
Tampa Bay 12-4 (SB, NFC, South Champs)
At Tampa Bay 12-4 (SB, NFC, South Champs)
At Green Bay 12-4 (North Champs)
At Pittsburgh 10-5-1 (AFC North Champs)
At New York G 10-6 (WC)
At Cleveland 9-7 (WC)
At New Orleans 9-7
New Orleans 9-7
Seattle 7-9
Baltimore 7-9
Carolina 7-9
At Carolina 7-9
At Minnesota 6-10 (A team that was Much better than their record)
Chicago 5-11 (A team that was much worse than theirs...)
Detroit 3-13
Cincinnati 2-14

Their 3 Easiest road games were At 6-10 Minnesota, 7-9 Carolina and 9-7 New Orleans. Two were Division games. 5 Road games vs Playoff teams. Thy went 9-6-1 and then beat 12-4 Green Bay in Green Bay for the first time in history.

But I Do agree he was overrated ever then, and is one of the most overrated QB ever. I just think George gets the nod over him because he won Nothing ever, yet was always thought of as the #1 pick.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had that TE from UNC that Vick loved throwing to, they also had 2 good RBs to shoulder the load in the running game. Even if they had great WRs, Vick's inability to read defense or throw a decent pass would've rendered them useless. I don't think any great WR would want to play on a team with that type of QB.

Alge Crumpler. One of my all time Favorite FF players and Falcons. I dont know if I remember the RBs. I think one might have been TJ Duckett from Michigan State, the other I cant remember for the life of me right now... Oh ya, Warrick Dunn. Man that guy was great to watch and even better to be a Fan of. I thought I would start to not like Dunn as much but I ended up liking the Falcons more...

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vick played strong teams in Atlanta. That 2002 team played one of the toughest schedules ever. They played
Tampa Bay 12-4 (SB, NFC, South Champs)
At Tampa Bay 12-4 (SB, NFC, South Champs)
At Green Bay 12-4 (North Champs)
At Pittsburgh 10-5-1 (AFC North Champs)
At New York G 10-6 (WC)
At Cleveland 9-7 (WC)
At New Orleans 9-7
New Orleans 9-7
Seattle 7-9
Baltimore 7-9
Carolina 7-9
At Carolina 7-9
At Minnesota 6-10 (A team that was Much better than their record)
Chicago 5-11 (A team that was much worse than theirs...)
Detroit 3-13
Cincinnati 2-14

Their 3 Easiest road games were At 6-10 Minnesota, 7-9 Carolina and 9-7 New Orleans. Two were Division games. 5 Road games vs Playoff teams. Thy went 9-6-1 and then beat 12-4 Green Bay in Green Bay for the first time in history.

Excluding Tampa Bay, the 2002 NFC teams were average at best. I remember that season and I remember not being impressed with Vick and the Falcons.

But I Do agree he was overrated ever then, and is one of the most overrated QB ever. I just think George gets the nod over him because he won Nothing ever, yet was always thought of as the #1 pick.

Jamarcus Russell, David Carr, and Tim Couch were #1 picks and achieved far less than George.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton talking a big game for 2013 but he sounds pretty serious.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most overrated QB's of all time?? IMO

1. Joe Namath
2. Dan Fouts
3. Warren Moon
4. John Elway
5. Brett Favre

Most overrated currently???

1. Carson Palmer
2. Michael Vick
3. Matthew Stafford
4. Cam Newton
5. Joe Flacco

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Namath was probably not even as good as Tebow but as far as sheer overrated-ness goes, Brett Favre has no close second. The hype was beyond belief and Madden was the worst ever.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Namath was probably not even as good as Tebow but as far as sheer overrated-ness goes, Brett Favre has no close second. The hype was beyond belief and Madden was the worst ever.

I would have had Favre second but he at least won a SB and came close to making it other times. I dont give Namath cred for his SB win because he sucked big time in that game. LOL

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about jamarcus russell ?? he still wants a come back at 310 lbs or something.. lots of potential.. just not in it..

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madden was so bad with Favre that mutilple times per game Favre would do something and Madden would claim that no one else in football could do that.

"Al, did you see Favre just go down on one knee to avoid the sack? No one in the history of the game is capable of going down on one knee to avoid the sack and then get back up and throw the ball. No one."

It was honestly laughable.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Namath. His entire career has been based on his guarantee and his defense and running game won that Super Bowl.

I would also toss honorable mention to Eli. The Giants hold the highest scoring offense in history to 14 points and their quarterback gets Super Bowl MVP? Horsecrap.

We saw through Eli in 2008 when Plaxico shot himself. Eli went to shit after that happened.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why i always turned the commentary off on the older madden games.. as a broadcaster he was an idiot