• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cal

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Panik and Kyle Crick? What you got? Did you already go over this on the other board? I'm lazy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing on Crick. The game last night was WAY too engrossing, then I was tired.

I have seen a few vids of Panik, and PERSONALLY I am unimpressed. but I was unexcited about Brown last year as well, so I trust my opinion about as much as I trust Marcus'.

Panik is a SS right now, but projects as an offensive-minded 2B. His arm is the issue. Reports say that he has an advanced bat, so he MAY be able to advance rather quickly. He makes 2B a rather deep position in the org now with Burriss, Noonan, Culberson and Cavan already there.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm alright with that. Freddy is signed through 2012, right? That should be a nice little inner-organization competition.

I would definitely be more alert this morning if Andy didn't bolt for home and if Teh Nada didn't suck. Oh well, he legged one out, and Freddy is awesome. That last game of FIFA is probably what really made me tired anyway.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing on Crick. The game last night was WAY too engrossing, then I was tired.

I have seen a few vids of Panik, and PERSONALLY I am unimpressed. but I was unexcited about Brown last year as well, so I trust my opinion about as much as I trust Marcus'.

Panik is a SS right now, but projects as an offensive-minded 2B. His arm is the issue. Reports say that he has an advanced bat, so he MAY be able to advance rather quickly. He makes 2B a rather deep position in the org now with Burriss, Noonan, Culberson and Cavan already there.

I agree that 2B is a deeper position for us. But also keep in mind that Pill has been playing 2B in Fresno, Noonan is now playing more SS, and Willoughby is lurking in Augusta. Pill has to get a shot next year in ST, I'm thinking -- though it remains to be seen if that shot will be at 2B -- his bat seems ready to play in the majors.

In any event, Panik should be assigned to Augusta as soon as he's signed, though he may go to the rookie league for a bit.

Aside: how fucking smart is Sabean to lock up Franchez for $6M per for this year and next?? How important is he on both sides of the ball for us?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that 2B is a deeper position for us. But also keep in mind that Pill has been playing 2B in Fresno, Noonan is now playing more SS, and Willoughby is lurking in Augusta. Pill has to get a shot next year in ST, I'm thinking -- though it remains to be seen if that shot will be at 2B -- his bat seems ready to play in the majors.

In any event, Panik should be assigned to Augusta as soon as he's signed, though he may go to the rookie league for a bit.

Aside: how fucking smart is Sabean to lock up Franchez for $6M per for this year and next?? How important is he on both sides of the ball for us?

I had forgotten about Pill, and must have deleted Willoughby, cause I REMEMBER writing his name in that writeup somewhere.

I do not know what to think about Pill. He has ALWAYS put up good numbers in the minors, and reportedly has always had ++ defense, but has never been given a shot. I have not heard about his performance at 2B, but they keep trotting him out there, so it can't be THAT bad (although, they did play JCP there for a whole year before abandoning THAT experiment).

I still think they should have tried to trade up and get Rendon, but oh well, we obviously have a GM asleep at the wheel. (sarcasm, guys...)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRE SABEAN!

JA!

Seriously, though, Raptor Jesus for the org depth?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had forgotten about Pill, and must have deleted Willoughby, cause I REMEMBER writing his name in that writeup somewhere.

I do not know what to think about Pill. He has ALWAYS put up good numbers in the minors, and reportedly has always had ++ defense, but has never been given a shot. I have not heard about his performance at 2B, but they keep trotting him out there, so it can't be THAT bad (although, they did play JCP there for a whole year before abandoning THAT experiment).

I still think they should have tried to trade up and get Rendon, but oh well, we obviously have a GM asleep at the wheel. (sarcasm, guys...)

I think they're moving Pill around a lot (1b, 2b, 3b, OF) so that if he makes the big club he can help in a lot of places. Not sure he's a natural 2b, but from an org depth perspective he has to be figured in the 2b calculus.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just based on description alone, it seems like Panik = teh veteran presence and is not a fpom.

I'll take a freddy sanchez, part deux

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just based on description alone, it seems like Panik = teh veteran presence and is not a fpom.

I'll take a freddy sanchez, part deux

His favorite player is Jeter. And while he is not likely to stick at SS, a Jeter wouldn't be so bad.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2B is probably our second deepest position right now (besides pitching). I say outfield is deepest now with Brown, Neal, Peguero, Rodriguez, Jones, Kieschnick, Parker and De La Cruz.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2B is probably our second deepest position right now (besides pitching). I say outfield is deepest now with Brown, Neal, Peguero, Rodriguez, Jones, Kieschnick, Parker and De La Cruz.

???

Not on my radar in the slightest...

Do you mean Perez?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Not on my radar in the slightest...

Do you mean Perez?

It may be someone else I am thinking of but he, like RafRod, was signed very young and projects out to be an athletic player. Good body, 6-3 190 just needs to grow into his big frame.

He's a project like RafRod. Then again I may have just pulled this one out of my ass.

He's in Rookie league and has dissapointed thus far.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be someone else I am thinking of but he, like RafRod, was signed very young and projects out to be an athletic player. Good body, 6-3 190 just needs to grow into his big frame.

He's a project like RafRod. Then again I may have just pulled this one out of my ass.

He's in Rookie league and has dissapointed thus far.

I tend to miss most of the Latin signings, so not surprising that he slipped through my net.

He is in his third season with the org, and I would guess he will be in either Arizona (that's where he was last year) or SK (he is 20, so he needs to start getting pushed).

Well, color him Radar-ized now.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to miss most of the Latin signings, so not surprising that he slipped through my net.

He is in his third season with the org, and I would guess he will be in either Arizona (that's where he was last year) or SK (he is 20, so he needs to start getting pushed).

Well, color him Radar-ized now.

He does need to be pushed. He is older than RafRod and has spent more time in the minors, yet is behind him.

Some believe that he has more power potential than RafRod.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a little video, and I have a few thoughts on a couple guys...

Crick - Big kid. The Giants will have to start from scratch with this kid, I think. His motion is completely wasted, as it looks like he throws with all arm. However, he supposedly has a low 90s FB, while throwing all arm. If they are able to get his body into it, I can see him having a ++ FB. However, he does look pretty wild with it. I think that is pretty par for the course with HS pitchers, though. He supposedly already has a solid curve. I like that he has a secondary pitch, but that also leads me to worry about the kids arm. He throws a 90-ish FB with no body help and already has a + curve. We will see.

Susac - Solid kid. He is thick. I saw one vid of him swinging a wood bat, and he got what looked to be a double going the other way on an outside pitch. As for projectability, I have heard that he is an all D, no O guy to OK O, no D. I guess the scouts aren't so sure where he will be.

Oropesa - OH MY GOD!!!! This kid is HUGE. This isnt exactly accurate, but I could not get it out of my head while I was watching him... Think Jose Canseco on steroids. He looks like a much thicker, young McGwire (remember, he came up as a twig); a thin Dave Winfield; maybe Bo Jackson would be the best body comparison. I was kinda thinking of a thick Josh Hamilton, as well. I do not see him playing anything other than 1B. If he develops, than MAYBE he can play some LF or 3B for the first few years of his career, but he will be a 1B/DH if he sticks. I saw him take 3ABs. The first was a 2nd pitch single going the other way; the second was a 5 or 6 pitch AB that he took out to dead center; the third was a 2 RBI single (I think first pitch) that he took the other way. He is not a fast kid, and his bat speed did not scream Tommy Joseph at me, but he can muscle 'em out. No question about that.