• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C Mike Zunino Traded

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the offseason has officially begun!

The M's have traded C Mike Zunino & OF Guillermo Heredia to Tampa Bay for OF Mallex Smith.

I've read a lot of opinions from M's fans that hate this hate trade, but equally from the other side in Tampa fans that are just as unhappy as they feel the M's just landed a great young talent. Me personally, I like the deal. I'm a huge Zunino fan but I'm tired of be happy we have guys that I personally like but don''t produce. Zunino was clearly a great defensive catcher, but the continued struggle at the plate had taken it's toll and time to move on. Guillermo was also a favorite of mine, but he was an extra outfielder that isn't someone you build around. In return we get younger while adding a piece that can contribute immediately. Mallex hit just under .300 last year in his first full season in the majors with team control until 2022. This leaves a hole at catcher for obvious reasons, but to deem this a win or loss will need to be determined once we see how the rest of the offseason unfolds. For now, I like the start of the offseason.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the deal, right now. Smith would've led the team in OBP this past season, and woulda been 3rd in walks. Our lead off hitters were horrible this past year, and he provides a player who can play all three outfield positions. As it stands right now, the everyday lineup will have 3 guys who can steal 30+ bases, now if only they could all get their OBP over 35%.

We'll have to see how the rest of the offseason works out, but I like this move.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate this trade as I'm looking beyond Smith and consider Fraley as a promising OF for the M's that will help piece the farm together.

As for Zunino, a fan of his but not gonna be hurt over it. The M's fucked up his mind early, and he can't recover. A change of scenery is needed for him.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's a win win for both sides. Mikey get to go home and learn how to hit properly from real coaches and the M's might have finally put a young talented outfield together since the early 90's.....

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino.
I wanted him to succeed so badly.
He just can't make constant contact with ANY pitch that has movement, which happens to be MOST pitches.

So, come back and haunt us maybe every other 4th year.
I wish you well Mike Zunino,

BUT, I welcome the addition to the Offense.