• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bye Week

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sewell is the closest thing to Roaf we will see. A dude that big and that athletic can be an all time great, I hope he has the work ethic to do it. I love the pick, not changing my mind based on rookie year.

Sewell is also not even 21 yet

agreed and Roaf is an excellent comp to Sewell. I would've Never come up with that and the physical presence between the two is just about near perfect, imo

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lloyd so MUCH MORE than I ever could've been swayed to like Parsons and it isn't even close.

We all have misses no matter who the person is. Look at all of those current pundits who have some experience working in the scouting departments and are now in the media outlets - Jeremiah, Miller, Nagy even Mayock has had struggles but that could be due to Chucky.
I think Lloyd ends up being one of the better MLB in the league, if Barnes becomes what he has flashed they could have some true elite LB's for the first time since I can remember.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lloyd ends up being one of the better MLB in the league, if Barnes becomes what he has flashed they could have some true elite LB's for the first time since I can remember.

100 on all of your statement.

I could see a duo similar to, if not better than, Bobby Wagner and a prime KJ Wright - Barnes being Wright and Lloyd being Wagner. I'm not sure if Barnes will ever have the coverage ability of Wagner and may be more aligned with Wright's ability but a little bit better

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following is simply atrocious via Detroit Lions.com

The Lions rank 29th in points scored with 134, and 30th with 244 points allowed.
In the red-zone efficiency, the defense ranks last, giving up a touchdown 83 percent of the time when the opponent has reached the 20-yard line.
The offense ranks 30th, scoring a touchdown only 50 percent of the time after reaching the 20.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Top Lions in overall PFF grades​

C Frank Ragnow – 86.2

Ragnow only played three full games and part of one more, but he was having an All-Pro season before being lost for the season to a toe injury. He has the second-highest PFF overall grade of any center.

RB Jamaal Williams – 75.3

OLB Romeo Okwara – 74.1

S Tracy Walker – 73.8

TE T.J. Hockenson – 72.9

WR Quintez Cephus – 71.7

C Evan Brown – 70.8

Bottom Lions in overall PFF grades​

LB Alex Anzalone – 32.3

It’s been a rough overall season for the veteran LB. His run defense grade of 34.0 ranks 50th out of 56 LBs with at least 200 snaps. A brutal game (25.2 overall grade) against the Eagles in Week 8 ended an upward trend for Anzalone after the departure of Jamie Collins; Anzalone had an overall grade of 59.2 from Weeks 3-7.

S Will Harris – 32.4

DE Michael Brockers – 42.1

CB AJ Parker – 42.5

FB Jason Cabinda – 48.4

WR Trinity Benson – 48.6

CB Amani Oruwariye – 49.1

RT Matt Nelson – 51.1

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest fear for the upcoming 2022 season is that Holmes, DC and Glenn re-sign Anzalone and negate drafting his replacement whether early on or late in the draft or at all.

Gut feeling is all due to all the positive comments DC and Glenn have made publicly.

I wouldn't despise this.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest fear for the upcoming 2022 season is that Holmes, DC and Glenn re-sign Anzalone and negate drafting his replacement whether early on or late in the draft or at all.

Gut feeling is all due to all the positive comments DC and Glenn have made publicly.

I wouldn't despise this.
The love the coaching has for Anzalone is real confusing.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be watching the battle between Oregon at Utah come November 20th.

Do the Utes have decent LT and RT to stymie Thibodeaux because Washington's LT Kirkland appeared up to the task last weekend, I didn't clearly watch every defensive play Thibodeaux had as I was attempting to watch 2 games at the simultaneously.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The love the coaching has for Anzalone is real confusing.

Nearly every article I've read where either of DC or Glenn have commented on Anzalone have pretty much been overly positive and especially since Collins has been released. I don't get it. Anzalone is horrible and yet to some degree has played better but not in this last game.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching the battle between Oregon at Utah come November 20th.

Do the Utes have decent LT and RT to stymie Thibodeaux because Washington's LT Kirkland appeared up to the task last weekend, I didn't clearly watch every defensive play Thibodeaux had as I was attempting to watch 2 games at the simultaneously.
Their oline is definitely experienced. I am not sure how good, they returned every starter from last year though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the present time I'd love nothing more than to somehow end up with Kyle Hamilton, Devin Lloyd and Trey Burks for those first three picks and wouldn't care how that scenario would be obtained.

It isn't going to happen though.

I like the ability Drake London has showed - reminds me of the old cartoon character "Gumby" as to how he's so damn flexible and can contort his body to make catches for being so tall and yet Burks reminds me of DK Metcalf minus the latter's much better breakaway speed. Burks and Metcalf are both stiff in their lower body but the physical presence they both show is highly intriguing to me.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the present time I'd love nothing more than to somehow end up with Kyle Hamilton, Devin Lloyd and Trey Burks for those first three picks and wouldn't care how that scenario would be obtained.

I like the ability Drake London has showed - reminds me of the old cartoon character "Gumby" as to how he's so damn flexible and can contort his body to make catches for being so tall and yet Burks reminds me of DK Metcalf minus the latter's much better breakaway speed. Burks and Metcalf are both stiff in their lower body but the physical presence they both show is highly intriguing to me.
That injury has made it more likely London could drop to the 2nd.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One possible player to keep an eye out for the remainder of the CFB season is r-Soph David Ojabo. He's inexperienced as far as games started but I've been impressed with his burst, hand skills and ability to create "some counter moves" when he's in a near stalemate position. He's decent at run defending and has moved out to the boundary for coverage. I have no clue if he even declares for 2022 but I could see it as a possibility - plus wanting to get away from Harbaugh's shit and needing or wanting to make $$$ now - nothing but speculation on the last part.

Ojabo is 6' 5" and 255 lbs

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That injury has made it more likely London could drop to the 2nd.

Fractured ankle, right ?

I do not see the physicality in London that I do with Burks, but London is the better pure pass catching receiver between the 2, imo. Burks can have that Julio Jones type physicality to exploit or rid of his defender while in a contested catch mode.

I'm not a fan of Purdue's David Bell as he reminds me of Cephus but with a little more field speed. Both are good to very good route running and reliable hands. We already have Cephus for 2 more years and the possibility of Bell seems like a repeat and sort of a waste of a pick, imo.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be an awesome draft.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like the Decker and Ragnow picks for 1st round
I haven't posted much (if anything at all) on the Hoop about my Favorites... mainly stated "trenches" when I did. I know the Lions wont draft my favorites is probably why don't waste my time in getting my hopes up.
@Big_Blue_72 said:
They'd be worse off with any of my favorites.
I need to stop picking winners too.