• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bye Week

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are undefeated on BYE weeks! :yes:

Of course we are winless on them too. :pout:

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... the Lions may find a way to lose. Maybe not in the win/loss column.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Devin Lloyd has 9 tackles, 5 for a loss, a sack, and a pick 6.

9 game total:
81 tackles
19 TFL
6 Sacks
3 picks
5 Passes Defended.

Hopefully, the Rams keep losing because this son of a bitch keeps playing himself up the draft board

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9 game total:
81 tackles
19 TFL
6 Sacks
3 picks
5 Passes Defended.

Hopefully, the Rams keep losing because this son of a bitch keeps playing himself up the draft board

I'd take him over the next Dion Jordan.

BTW, there are quite a few Edge Rusher's/Edge Defender's that I'd take if Thibodeaux isn't the selected one.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take him over the next Dion Jordan.
BTW, there are quite a few Edge Rusher's/Edge Defender's that I'd take if Thibodeaux isn't the selected one.
Has the Lions ever drafted one of your favorites? Not once has the Lions ever hit on one of mine.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the Lions ever drafted one of your favorites? Not once has the Lions ever hit on one of mine.
Suh and Calvin both made me happy.

Knew we were drafting Ebron, was not excited.

Louis Delmas also was appreciated.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'd be worse off with any of my favorites.

I did like the Decker and Ragnow picks for 1st round

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty telling, if true or correct, on this upcoming draft class

Draft analyst Matt Miller feels the same way. Miller chimed in with his thoughts on Jeremiah’s bold assertion.

“5 of them would be QBs, too,” Miller tweeted in response. “Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, Jones.”

But that’s still only five guys who would (supposedly) go first overall next year. Which other five prospects would top the 2022 class?

In Miller’s opinion: Kyle Pitts, Ja’Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater and Micah Parsons.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty telling, if true or correct, on this upcoming draft class

Draft analyst Matt Miller feels the same way. Miller chimed in with his thoughts on Jeremiah’s bold assertion.

“5 of them would be QBs, too,” Miller tweeted in response. “Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, Jones.”

But that’s still only five guys who would (supposedly) go first overall next year. Which other five prospects would top the 2022 class?

In Miller’s opinion: Kyle Pitts, Ja’Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater and Micah Parsons.
I think Kyle Hamilton is at least in the same group as those others, he just plays a position that does not get the same love.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State one of your famous puns :noidea:
I am often curious what the results would be if I ever went through the history and saw how "My Guys" did in the NFL. I imagine it is not great.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyle Hamilton is at least in the same group as those others, he just plays a position that does not get the same love.

I agree 100% with you.

I have very little interest in Thibodeaux. He's not a Myles Garrett type or even either of the Bosa brothers or Chase Young, imo. I have yet to see him having that motor required to be extremely productive or even the power to supplant his speed when he runs up against better O-Linemen once in the NFL.

I also wouldn't be interested in Michigan's Aidan Hutchinson, but I believe he, at the very least, currently has the better non-stop, try hard, lunch pail approach and is a much better run defender than Thibodeaux. Hutchinson has primarily played 7-tech and some 9-tech this year and rarely have I've seen him as an iDL - 5-tech down to 0-tech. He's too stiff in his lower body for Glenn's scheme, imo.

Oddly, after reviewing Thibodeaux's last 3 games - UCLA, Colorado and Washington - he's been dropping into coverage at times but in the same token is playing more 6-tech and 5-tech than he is at 7-tech or 9-tech and that isn't proper use of his skill-set, imo

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am often curious what the results would be if I ever went through the history and saw how "My Guys" did in the NFL. I imagine it is not great.

You're a hell of a lot better than I am or could ever be.

I wouldn't be able to remember most of the players I liked beyond the past 10-12 years and even that timeframe would be difficult to recall.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that there's a be all end all
butt......

25. DETROIT LIONS (NO CHANGE)

Best-graded: C Frank Ragnow | 86.2​

Worst-graded: T Matt Nelson | 51.5​

The Lions are faced with an interesting good news/bad news situation now with Taylor Decker‘s return from injury. Decker will slot in at left tackle, where he has overall PFF grades of at least 70.0 in four of his past five seasons. But that means rookie Penei Sewell will move back to right tackle, where he was disastrous in the preseason. Sewell recorded a 38.6 PFF grade in the preseason at right tackle, but he's posted a 67.5 mark at left tackle so far this regular season. The Lions may be prepared to write off some struggles from Sewell in a season where they aren’t winning anything in order to get him ready for next season and beyond on the right side.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a hell of a lot better than I am or could ever be.

I wouldn't be able to remember most of the players I liked beyond the past 10-12 years and even that timeframe would be difficult to recall.
It should probably put some perspective on our anger when a GM misses, but it doesn't. I suppose that comes with the millions of dollars they are paid to do it.

I do really think that Lloyd is going to be an absolute beast in the league, but have been wrong on Utes a lot.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for those who may have likened Slater over Sewell. I wouldn't have changed the pick outside of had Sewell been picked prior to the Lions only then would I have selected Slater - yep - even over Parsons

9. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS (UP 1)

Best-graded: C Corey Linsley | 86.1​

Worst-graded: T Storm Norton | 50.5​

The Chargers having a good offensive line seems almost antithetical to what we know about the team, but it proves that one can overhaul a bad unit with enough determination. Matt Feiler is having a career year as a modest free-agent acquisition to play one guard spot, while Corey Linsley and Rashawn Slater — the two higher profile additions — are both backing up their investment. If offensive linemen won such awards, then Slater would be the Offensive Rookie of the Year through nine weeks. He has allowed just 12 total pressures in eight games despite having to block Myles Garrett in one of them.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for those who may have likened Slater over Sewell. I wouldn't have changed the pick outside of had Sewell been picked prior to the Lions only then would I have selected Slater - yep - even over Parsons

9. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS (UP 1)

Best-graded: C Corey Linsley | 86.1​

Worst-graded: T Storm Norton | 50.5​

The Chargers having a good offensive line seems almost antithetical to what we know about the team, but it proves that one can overhaul a bad unit with enough determination. Matt Feiler is having a career year as a modest free-agent acquisition to play one guard spot, while Corey Linsley and Rashawn Slater — the two higher profile additions — are both backing up their investment. If offensive linemen won such awards, then Slater would be the Offensive Rookie of the Year through nine weeks. He has allowed just 12 total pressures in eight games despite having to block Myles Garrett in one of them.
I think Sewell is the closest thing to Roaf we will see. A dude that big and that athletic can be an all time great, I hope he has the work ethic to do it. I love the pick, not changing my mind based on rookie year.

Sewell is also not even 21 yet

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do really think that Lloyd is going to be an absolute beast in the league, but have been wrong on Utes a lot.

I like Lloyd so MUCH MORE than I ever could've been swayed to like Parsons and it isn't even close.

We all have misses no matter who the person is. Look at all of those current pundits who have some experience working in the scouting departments and are now in the media outlets - Jeremiah, Miller, Nagy even Mayock has had struggles but that could be due to Chucky.