• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye week reminder - time off for players

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been waiting to post this for a while now. I have not seen this mentioned in any thread but it is possible I may have missed it while I was trying to get caught up.

NFL.com news: Teams learn of new regulations tied to owner-approved CBA

During the regular season, there can be just 14 padded practices for the entirety of the season, 11 of those sessions must be held in the first 11 weeks, and teams can hold no more than two padded practices per week. One padded practice per week is allowed during the playoffs, and all padded practices are limited to three hours max. Also, a bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been waiting to post this for a while now. I have not seen this mentioned in any thread but it is possible I may have missed it while I was trying to get caught up.

NFL.com news: Teams learn of new regulations tied to owner-approved CBA

During the regular season, there can be just 14 padded practices for the entirety of the season, 11 of those sessions must be held in the first 11 weeks, and teams can hold no more than two padded practices per week. One padded practice per week is allowed during the playoffs, and all padded practices are limited to three hours max. Also, a bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday.

this seems reasonable to me and maybe its good for players anyway? the physical recoup is obvious, but let them rest the mind and soul too.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does a day off mean no classroom work?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The four consecutive days off sounds reasonable but only 14 padded practices per season sounds like to few. Regardless, I bet the 49er players will certainly enjoy those four days off after their great start.

I wonder which player will get in trouble with the law during those 4 days? I'm gonna guess Culliver.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So does a day off mean no classroom work?

my guess is yes, no classroom either.

doesn't "classroom work" still mean work? they'd have to report to work in order to hold classroom sessions? so this wouldn't be a day off.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The four consecutive days off sounds reasonable but only 14 padded practices per season sounds like to few. Regardless, I bet the 49er players will certainly enjoy those four days off after their great start.

I wonder which player will get in trouble with the law during those 4 days? I'm gonna guess Culliver.

yeah, 14 padded practices over a 16 game schedules does sound low? but i'm sure they wouldn't hold too many more anyway?

wasn't Walsh noted for few padded practices if at all? once the season started of course.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the Vets should step in and make sure folks don't just dick around the whole time. Like Alex should have receivers over, buy a bunch of wings or something and watch tape, talk routes, etc. Same with the defense, especially the secondary. Doesn't have to be the whole off time, but one or two nights for a couple hours. Then go bowl or whatever...just don't end up on a police blotter, K?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good for the players I suppose but not so much for the fans. I know it is a tough game but I don't see the need for these kinds of stipulations.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is where the Vets should step in and make sure folks don't just dick around the whole time. Like Alex should have receivers over, buy a bunch of wings or something and watch tape, talk routes, etc. Same with the defense, especially the secondary. Doesn't have to be the whole off time, but one or two nights for a couple hours. Then go bowl or whatever...just don't end up on a police blotter, K?

agree, for those with families, spend time with them. for those without, just stay out of trouble. go out and do relax, just don't put yourself in a bad situation..........like driving drunk or at a strip club at 4:00 am.

i'm fine if they don't do anything football for four days. there's a lot of season left, especially since the play-offs is now a possibility.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed. Smith and guys like Crabtree and Kyle Williams could decide to spend their days off playing "catch" at the 49er practice field. They'd get a lot of work in and not violate the spirit of the rule.