• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye bye muffin man

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not suprised

Dunno much about grunderstrom ir unsigned durzi...the 1st is like a 2nd....meh I guess. Time to earn a spot for the guys floundering like ladue...put up or shut up

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with the other players, appreciate their part in the 2 cups...but it's time to shake it up

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will say, I definitely won't miss his shots from just inside the blue line always getting blocked!! Every game you heard this line from the announcers at least 4-5 times a game, "Muzzin, his shot is blocked..."

While he was truly only a part of the 2014 Cup (he was one of the Black Aces in 2012 and never got in one of the games), the one memory I will always have of him was his absolute destroying of Marcus Kruger in 2014 Game 6 against the Hawks with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Just hope Blake got true value in return...

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Muzz getting a lot of time in the 2013 playoffs. More remember him getting repeatedly crushed against the glass, especially in Blackhawks series. But obviously a huge part of 2014 Cup.

Fare thee well....... Looking forward to learning more about new prospects.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all roasted him for years, and he has cut down on his mistakes. He's got more pressure up North and I can see him revert back to those plays.

No doubt Toronto got better if he can pull his head out of his ass.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was beyond frustrated with his typical turnover exiting the zone in the neutral zone, let alone his shots being blocked that let straight to either a breakaway or a 2 on 1.

What this signals more than anything is that if someone wants Carter, they are going to have to be willing to pay up, seemingly.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to him. Same as y'all, in that I'm forever grateful for that 2014 run. I remember him scoring a huge one against Chicago in that 3rd period of Game 2. Kings did take him from obscurity to a cup, and got good value for him (It seems). If Toronto can utilize his big shot with their existing talent, that could be a big asset. He's big and mobile, so he'll be an upgrade on what they have right now, but man, just wait until he shows them his peaks and valleys.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez is possibly next, would be a serious coup if Bowlby could secure an additional 1st round pick in this draft. I can't see any one of Carter, Quick or The Ringer netting a 1st due to some one of/combination of age, market or value so Martinez is the next logical target. Proven once again, defenders are much higher valued than forwards or goalies come deadline and draft time.

Now what Blake and Futa and Co. do with that pick(s) is another story, I don't want to see another Teubert situation here - Karlsson was taken at 15th overall in that 2008 draft and even a serviceable defender like Jake Gardiner was taken by Anaheim at 17th so Dumbo shit the bed on that one big time. I've never been a fan of the forward masquerading as a defenseman known as Karlsson, but imagine having him and Doughty on the blueline for a few years; Karlsson would have been movde for a haul at some point before either Cup I believe because he wouldn't have fit the heavy/defense/make them submit style LA played for the last 10 years.

Teubert played a whopping 24 NHL games, all for Edmonton, and was included in the Penner trade which wasn't a huge success but did pay occasional dividends time to time. That whole sequence was a screw up the moment he called his name on the floor and while it's not a mistake of Taylor's proportion with the 2003 draft, it is definitely disappointing and a blemish on Dumbo for the 2008 draft.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Blake even try and move up from the TO pick to get into the top 10 somehow or at least entertain it. In fact, he should be asking if he wants to earn cred as a competent GM.

As for Muffin...Mrs. Puck and I started a financial management course last night at 7pm and I was so swamped working all day it was one of the few times ever I did not go online and look at NHL stuff all day. I damn near jumped out of my seat on the way home when I checked it out on the drive home when I saw he was traded, the Kings sold high on this guy and overall it was a solid deal for LA. I've seen stuff online since with TO fans thinking what a steal this was, but consider the facts:

- he was a 5th round pick by the Penguins who didn't tender him his MQO after being drafted
- signed as a UFA by LA in 2010
- became a T4 regular within 3 years
- helped win a Cup in 2014
- is having his best NHL season ever 9 years later
- was flipped for a 1st and two former 2nd round picks
- didn't take on a single dime on an already cap strapped team including retention

While I think he fits a need for Toronto, LA didn't exactly get hosed either. They are building for the future and every asset gained addresses that.

Personally, happy to see him go. He was solid at times but also just as equally awful. His blocked shots would end up in the neutral zone and his turnovers were brutal because they were at inopportune times it seemed, leading to backbreaking goals often. He is playing well this year, but overall his career in LA has been hit or miss on a yearly basis.

I thank him for his service in LA, but the memories that stand out to me to summarize him are one where he spills in the corner to the left of Quick for no reason, puck turns over and ends up in the net or the behind the back spinorama pass to Doughty in their own zone that was picked off by the F1 and he went in on Quick and put it home.

See ya Muffo.

=)~~

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with the other players, appreciate their part in the 2 cups...but it's time to shake it up

Muffin was part of the 2014 Cup, he was a call up accompanying the team in 2012 so his name is not on that one.

But I agree, they did their part here and it's time to move on from them. It was a great run, the most successful 3-5 year run in Kings history in the record books but for me a great 10 year story, seeing this franchise in shambles in summer 2006 and eventually being built into a two time Cup winner in less than a decade.

I'm one of those it's the journey, not the destination people.

=)~~

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a video stating that #6 is retired in Toronto, so we'll see what number Muzzin has to go with.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzzin will score 21 goals in 2019-20 and be in the talk for a Norris, while Grundstrom becomes a career 4th liner and Durzi plays 16 total NHL games, and the 1st round pick turns out to be a dud while two picks below a Russian becomes a perennial all-star.

Sorry .. but between this season and the Villardi fiasco my old-time Kings PTSD is beginning to creep in ..

Last edited:

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time Muzzin comes back he gets applause. He stood out many times, both good and bad, and deserves to be respected for helping with the Kings getting a cup or two.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a good hockey trade. Leafs are in the win now mode and they filled a need without giving up an asset.
Blake got two decent prospects and a 1st round pick. Though the pick will be a late round pick but this draft is shaping up to be fairly deep. There will still be good future NHLers well into the second round and of course the late round surprises.

The most time, money and effort needs to be spent in scouting and tracking of players around the world so as to not miss the opportunity.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops I meant without giving up a roster player.

This was a good hockey trade. Leafs are in the win now mode and they filled a need without giving up an asset.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durzi kid should be exempt from Seattle Expansion draft.

Wondering in this trade, as well as the trades to come, how much Blake & Co. take 2021 Expansion into consideration when evaluating which prospects they target.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durzi kid should be exempt from Seattle Expansion draft.

Wondering in this trade, as well as the trades to come, how much Blake & Co. take 2021 Expansion into consideration when evaluating which prospects they target.

Plays quite a role I would assume for all teams, not just LA. And you are correct, Durzi will be exempt but Grundstrom will not be. He is 21 now and will have exceeded the exemption limits by then so hopefully he makes the big club and proves he's worth keeping. By then some of the guys here now will be gone and/or exposed too so that creates options.

Durzi is projected to be an offensive RH defender, similar to Sean Walker. Looks like Blake is playing the Dumbo game, load up at certain positions (as he did in goal) and chances are one will work out. It may not be the one you are expecting (Bernier) but increasing the odds improves those chances. He took Bernier, Quick, Rowat, Berube, the FA signings, he was playing the lottery and hit a home run in Quick (3rd round/2005) even though Taylor drafted him.

Grundstrom is known as a "tank" in TO circles; he's built like Brown (not too tall but stocky) and very hard to move from in front of the net. He has a lot of speed, a wicked wrist and and snap shot and gets under the opponent's skin. Even with all that, he is projected to me a M6 forward.

He has a lot to learn defensively and hopefully some time in Ontario will help him hit the NHL in less than 2 years although I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up here soon with the exodus beginning. If all goes well we should get to see him soon and see what his ceiling is.