• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bwith These Two Picks, I Will... (Option 6)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31. Paxton Lynch QB (since he is most often drafted to us in mocks)
63. Joshua Garnett, OG

Reactions??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be torn on the Paxton Lynch pick. Most likely means we didn't get Kaepernick. Which hey I am somewhat fine with as I do think with the contract Von Miller is going to have we are going to need a rookie QB to step in to help out cap wise to keep things half way in balance. Lynch definitely is the type of QB that Elway loves with a big cannon for an arm, elite height and actually surprising athleticism. I just worry how long it will be before we can actually put him on the field. He would have a huge jump in competition and huge jump in the playbook that he is asked to run.

As for Garnett I would prefer Westerman if we go that position as I think Westerman has the higher upside and better fit in our scheme but Garnett wouldn't be a bad choice either.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get excited about a 1st round QB unless it one of the top two 2 guys. For me, it just brings back how Elway failed to properly diagnose the Ozweiler situation but I would always hope for the best with any of our drafted players.

The position of OG in the 2nd is a good pick. Don't know enough about the quality of OG in this draft but the need is there to be used on day 1-2

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch passes what Elway and Kubiak calls a QB test I will be rather happy . I like him myself and think he can make every NLF throw .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEAKNESSES: Too often Garnett is unable to reach linebackers in time at the second level. Despite playing with good knee bend,

That would have me worried but I do like that his dad was a Denver Bronco ..

Anyone remember his Dad ?

Over all not bad ?

STRENGTHS: Physically, Garnett has the look of a Coke machine with limbs. His stout core and long arms make him an intimidating interior blocker whose girth can overwhelm defenders. He has enough quickness to pull and block at the second level. When Garnett does reach his intended target, however, it was often a win for the Cardinal as he has strong mitts to latch onto opponents and looks to pancake them.

WEAKNESSES: Too often Garnett is unable to reach linebackers in time at the second level. Despite playing with good knee bend, Garnett isn't the dominator in the run game that his size and physicality would indicate, as he shows just average initial quickness. This limitation leaves him vulnerable in pass protection, as well, as too often Garnett relied on his long reach and stout anchor to slow defenders, struggling to match the lateral agility of quicker interior rushers.
IN OUR VIEW: Garrett has been a steadily ascending prospect. He fires off the snap and rolls his hips at the point of attack to drive his man with his lower body. He does a nice job turning his frame to wall off run lanes and control blocks with his proper hand use inside the jersey of defenders

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch passes what Elway and Kubiak calls a QB test I will be rather happy . I like him myself and think he can make every NLF throw .

With Lynch I don't worry about him making every NFL throw. I worry more about his switch to under Center, his ability to actually read a defense, and his ability to understand an NFL offense. His arm is just fine, he has decent to good accuracy, and his athleticism is incredible for his size. So he has all the physical tools you could ever want. Does he have the mental make up though?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant tell you that But I agree it is all about that IMO . He has great foot speed so he should be able to make the switch from Gun to under center ..

That is why I think teams fail with young QB's keep there minds right and take your time with them ..But your right it usaly is about who they are and if they are dedicated ... I think The Elway trait is also very important .. It is all about winning ! If you are not then I don't want you as my QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant tell you that But I agree it is all about that IMO . He has great foot speed so he should be able to make the switch from Gun to under center ..

That is why I think teams fail with young QB's keep there minds right and take your time with them ..But your right it usaly is about who they are and if they are dedicated ... I think The Elway trait is also very important .. It is all about winning ! If you are not then I don't want you as my QB.

That is part of the reason I do like Lynch and Cook. The year before Cook became the started the Spartans were 7-6. After he became the starter they went 36-5 for the next 3 seasons. They also won 2 of the 3 Bowl Games they played in. Lynch his first year was only 3-9. They did switch conferences that year and he was only a Sophomore. The next 2 seasons though they had 2 of the best years in their school's history. So you can definitely see a level of competitiveness in those 2 and that they can rise up in big moments.

I do agree his athleticism should allow for him to pick up playing under Center pretty quickly. To me it is more about him being able to learn and entire playbook and that of being able to actually read a defense. That is a 2-3 year process. Now they can dumb things down a bit year 1 if they need him to start right away and just slowly ease him in. So I am definitely not against us drafting him at all. Right now whoever we take at QB I am going to trust Elway to know what he is doing.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch is there at 31, I would rather Denver had a trade partner from someone in top of 2nd. Like I`ve stated or overstated many times, I don`t see a big advantage of any of the 'top" qb prospects that wouldn`t warrant trading out of first and get the extra pks and then draft one in 3rd or 4th rd. Just my personal opinion though. If they took Lynch, I wouldn`t cry either. I still think a Kessler or Prescott in 3-4 rd has just as good a shot after 1-2 are gone and even with those two ( Wentz/Goff ), don`t see such a bonifide difference either.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randymon is making sense again. ;) Well put!