• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buster Posey is the new owner!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he is kinda the Magic Johnson/Derek Jeter type owner (without their level of actual power), meaning he is probably less than a 1% owner. That said, he does have a seat on the board, so he isn’t just a silent investor.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the MLBTR article..

When discussing the addition of Posey to the ownership team, Greg Johnson, the Giants’ chairman, told Kepner that the two of them want to bridge “the trust gap that exists because of the structure in baseball,” and that Posey is “somebody there that’s respected by the players and part of our ownership group.”
that is worded very oddly. It is worded like only PART of the ownership group respects him. I would think it was a garbled statement, but it also sounds like it was a prepared statement, so I don’t really know what to make of that comment.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the MLBTR article..

that is worded very oddly. It is worded like only PART of the ownership group respects him. I would think it was a garbled statement, but it also sounds like it was a prepared statement, so I don’t really know what to make of that comment.
You are right. The wording is strange. Who knows what is going on? I would guess that Johnson's comment was off the cuff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. The wording is strange. Who knows what is going on? I would guess that Johnson's comment was off the cuff.
Maybe there is truth to the statement, but only in the sense that the owners are all snooty MBAs and they see Buster as just a knuckle-dragging athlete.

:noidea:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there is truth to the statement, but only in the sense that the owners are all snooty MBAs and they see Buster as just a knuckle-dragging athlete.

:noidea:
Doubtful. I think it meant to say that he's respected as a former player and as part of the ownership group.