• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burrow to not spend any contract money...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yet another reason to believe in Joe. Just his ability to make smart decisions, to not let expectations over take who he is and what his values are. He is a small town kid with humble roots.

He is going to live off his marketing contacts (those will still be worth millions to him) but he is going to put his contract value into his account and just let it accrue and make him more money.

He understands that nothing is forever, that expectations sometimes don't get meet, that things fall apart, injuries happen, change is required, etc. He is investing now, so as to be secure in the future regardless of what happens.

He says he needs to earn that paycheck every day, and needs to improve each and every single day. His goal is not of individual accomplishments but to be the best version of himself so that he can help his teammates win Superbowls. If he does his job, and others do theirs, they will accomplish their goals as a team. It is a team sport, but every team sport starts with personal responsibility and focus.

I wish he had the opportunities every other rookie player before his was granted, a normal off-season with preseason, but he is handling this whole thing as a champion already before a snap is even taken.

Looking forward to the Joe Burrow led Bengals.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yet another reason to believe in Joe. Just his ability to make smart decisions, to not let expectations over take who he is and what his values are. He is a small town kid with humble roots.

He is going to live off his marketing contacts (those will still be worth millions to him) but he is going to put his contract value into his account and just let it accrue and make him more money.

He understands that nothing is forever, that expectations sometimes don't get meet, that things fall apart, injuries happen, change is required, etc. He is investing now, so as to be secure in the future regardless of what happens.

He says he needs to earn that paycheck every day, and needs to improve each and every single day. His goal is not of individual accomplishments but to be the best version of himself so that he can help his teammates win Superbowls. If he does his job, and others do theirs, they will accomplish their goals as a team. It is a team sport, but every team sport starts with personal responsibility and focus.

I wish he had the opportunities every other rookie player before his was granted, a normal off-season with preseason, but he is handling this whole thing as a champion already before a snap is even taken.

Looking forward to the Joe Burrow led Bengals.

He has been reading him some Vince

vince-lombardi-quotes-5-1024x770.jpg

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This poor kid has NO IDEA what he’s getting into. Mike Brown laughs at his ambition and wipes his ass with his championship dreams.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This poor kid has NO IDEA what he’s getting into. Mike Brown laughs at his ambition and wipes his ass with his championship dreams.

My prediction is that he will be better than a lot of the mediocre QBs we have suffered through in recent decades, but there are still QBs in the NFL who are more talented. He will need a supporting cast and a good defense to be a champion. The Bengals still haven't figured that out. a few key injuries to starters and we are peddling out undrafted free agents who wouldn't be on half the teams in the league.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that he will be better than a lot of the mediocre QBs we have suffered through in recent decades, but there are still QBs in the NFL who are more talented. He will need a supporting cast and a good defense to be a champion. The Bengals still haven't figured that out. a few key injuries to starters and we are peddling out undrafted free agents who wouldn't be on half the teams in the league.

Burrow will be the best QB you guys have ever had and your ugly ass uniform will be his downfall.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow will be the best QB you guys have ever had and your ugly ass uniform will be his downfall.

we've had some pretty mediocre QBs.

Anderson, Esiason, and Palmer had their peak. but none of them could carry a whole team either.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anderson, Esiason, and Palmer had their peak. but none of them could carry a whole team either.

Esiason was pretty damn good

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I pick on you guys, because of your uniform, it's hideous, but I believe he is pretty special and you could be in for a few years of some really good football. Keep him healthy.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick on you guys, because of your uniform, it's hideous, but I believe he is pretty special and you could be in for a few years of some really good football. Keep him healthy.

These are my favorite uniforms and I love them. Plus, we have the best helmet in the NFL.

balgmqgkjrpbulyceyrf.jpg

7m0s6o0ulbn21.jpg

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about Burrow is exactly what this illustrates - he is mature beyond his years. That is going to pay dividends for this team who needs a QB to be able to step in right away.

I think Burrow will be a nice change at QB because, clearly, I think he's got more upside talent than Dalton, but still has those same leadership qualities that Dalton displayed. I also like that he's got a little bit of Tom Brady in him from the standpoint that he holds everyone, including himself, to a very high standard, and he will get in your face a bit to make his point.

Going to be really fun to watch.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are my favorite uniforms and I love them. Plus, we have the best helmet in the NFL.

balgmqgkjrpbulyceyrf.jpg

7m0s6o0ulbn21.jpg
sorry.

you have the worst helmet in the NFL.

Good news though, you're tied with the Bucs and Pats in that stat...

and the unies dear god man... the white one maybe with your old helmet from the 70's
BNygcL8.png

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry.

you have the worst helmet in the NFL.

Good news though, you're tied with the Bucs and Pats in that stat...

and the unies dear god man... the white one maybe with your old helmet from the 70's

Wrong. Our helmets are the best in the NFL and the most unique. Jealousy will get you no where!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still wondering what kind of season we're going to have.

been watching MLS, a few teams dropped out of the tourney in Florida r/t corona infections spreading through their teams, some players didn't even participate because they didn't want to be away from their families (and to be fair, some players only make modest middle class salaries in the MLS).

MLB seems to be moving along, but at an admittedly abbreviated season. The Marlins had an outbreak of coronavirus though, and then they were allowed to play against Philly. messy.

I don't follow the NBA much.

all things considered, I guess we go at least .500
anything better than 2-14 right?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anderson and Esiason both won league MVP. They never quite carried their teams, but they did make it to the Super Bowl. Forrest Gregg and Sam Whyche were both significantly inferior to Bill Walsh from a coaching perspective.... That's probably why they lost the games.