• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burn it down and start over

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Dimitroff is part of the franchise. Kinda get that Quinn is but not for long. The franchise is run by fucking morons.

It was an expensive, no-win, one-year rental with no protection for the team. The huge cap hit limited the team in free agency as they quickly bumped up again to the salary cap. Beasley, of course, has not been fixed. His objectively poor performance is a big reason Dan Quinn, and likely Thomas Dimitroff, will be looking for new employment in the near future.

Why would the Falcons make such a clearly bad decision? Per Jeff Schultz of The Athletic in a wide-ranging criticism of the team, including ownership, the front office, coaches, and players, the Falcons wanted to maintain their relationship with Beasley’s agent.

The Falcons were concerned cutting Beasley loose would upset CAA, which also represents Jones and Jarrett, both of whom were entering offseason negotiation.

Arthur, how are you going to get the fans back? Get these imbeciles out of Atlanta and fucking find some competent folks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Dimitroff is part of the franchise. Kinda get that Quinn is but not for long. The franchise is run by fucking morons.

It was an expensive, no-win, one-year rental with no protection for the team. The huge cap hit limited the team in free agency as they quickly bumped up again to the salary cap. Beasley, of course, has not been fixed. His objectively poor performance is a big reason Dan Quinn, and likely Thomas Dimitroff, will be looking for new employment in the near future.

Why would the Falcons make such a clearly bad decision? Per Jeff Schultz of The Athletic in a wide-ranging criticism of the team, including ownership, the front office, coaches, and players, the Falcons wanted to maintain their relationship with Beasley’s agent.

The Falcons were concerned cutting Beasley loose would upset CAA, which also represents Jones and Jarrett, both of whom were entering offseason negotiation.

Arthur, how are you going to get the fans back? Get these imbeciles out of Atlanta and fucking find some competent folks.

All this time I thought it was DQ that wanted Vic back...most fans were pissed that Dimitroff was retained when Smith was let go.

If they truly did hang on the Beasley because they wanted to maintain a good relationship with some agents, Dimitroff will not survive the Quinn axe this time.

A lot of talk about this Lincoln Riley guy out of Oklahoma...I wonder if Blank will dip into the college ranks or stay with a pro guy for his 5th HC.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk about this Lincoln Riley guy out of Oklahoma...I wonder if Blank will dip into the college ranks or stay with a pro guy for his 5th HC.

Really Dimitroff, Mckay and DQ all need to go. But how do you find a new front office and HC midseason? If DQ goes and Dimtroff and Mckay stay then we should expect the same shitty results.

Also heard about Riley. Dabo is upset about the NCAA vote. I really couldn't see how he or Riley would be any worse than Mike Smith or DQ.

My brother told me about Schultz's article the Fanaholic referenced. It's a pay site so I didn't read it. He said Schultz just annihilates the Falcons over a litany of things. Bad news for Blank's staff if it's leaked now because you usually don't get this dirt until every has moved on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really Dimitroff, Mckay and DQ all need to go. But how do you find a new front office and HC midseason? If DQ goes and Dimtroff and Mckay stay then we should expect the same shitty results.

Also heard about Riley. Dabo is upset about the NCAA vote. I really couldn't see how he or Riley would be any worse than Mike Smith or DQ.

My brother told me about Schultz's article the Fanaholic referenced. It's a pay site so I didn't read it. He said Schultz just annihilates the Falcons over a litany of things. Bad news for Blank's staff if it's leaked now because you usually don't get this dirt until every has moved on.

I feel ya and I don't really disagree, but McKay is not really football operations anymore in terms of the product on the field...he's more on the biz side of running the team and Arthur's right hand man...I don't see him going anywhere.

Blank wants to do this after the season ideally and that's what his plans are apparently (else Quinn would already be gone) That way he can put a new GM in place 1st and let him do the grunt work of getting HC candidates in the building. Now, if they come out of this bye and force his hand by continuing to stink it up...he can always install Raheem Morris or Mike Mularkey in there to finish it out and clean house after the season.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya and I don't really disagree, but McKay is not really football operations anymore in terms of the product on the field...he's more on the biz side of running the team and Arthur's right hand man...I don't see him going anywhere.

Blank wants to do this after the season ideally and that's what his plans are apparently (else Quinn would already be gone) That way he can put a new GM in place 1st and let him do the grunt work of getting HC candidates in the building. Now, if they come out of this bye and force his hand by continuing to stink it up...he can always install Raheem Morris or Mike Mularkey in there to finish it out and clean house after the season.

That's a concern with Blank; does he stay too loyal to his guys. The pattern may indicate he hangs onto them too long, which can create a series of more issues. I think that's what we saw happen with DQ and the solution to keeping him and him firing all his coaches when really, DQ just put guys in their place that wouldn't challenge his HC position.
At this point, I'd rather them just lose out and draft well with a new GM and HC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a concern with Blank; does he stay too loyal to his guys. The pattern may indicate he hangs onto them too long, which can create a series of more issues. I think that's what we saw happen with DQ and the solution to keeping him and him firing all his coaches when really, DQ just put guys in their place that wouldn't challenge his HC position.
At this point, I'd rather them just lose out and draft well with a new GM and HC.

I think the time is right for Quinn to go this year...after all the injuries last year he gave him a year to redeem himself and he's fallen flat on his face. The guy Blank has hung on too long with has been Dimitroff imo. Midseason firing? I never saw that happening. Interim HCs can work sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't really change the season...i.e. take a slow start to the playoffs.

Agreed, the best thing for the Falcons right now is maximizing the 2020 draft...imo they are better than MIA, WAS, and CIN so I don't think they will take a top 3 spot...my guess is they will win 4 to 6 games and be a top 10 pick.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your GM was being praised just two years ago.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated him 2 years ago. Now I just hope a piano falls from the top of the Mercedes Benz asshole and lands on his stupid, goofy fucking head.
What a difference a couple of years make.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference a couple of years make.

When the Falcons did Hard Knocks, I could never get past how badly I wanted to punch Dimitroff's face when I noticed he spreads his hand out like a gay peacock before shaking someone's hand.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your GM was being praised just two years ago.

Yep he was...'16 was Quinn's 1st draft. The yr prior he was on a SB team and didn't really get started with ATL until March...the draft prep work was done by Dimitroff.

Dimitroff gets credit for the picks, but he will tell you himself, he wants to work with head coach and pick players the HC wants...so when shit blows up he can say I picked who you wanted me to pick...and keep his job.

I don't think the fans will settle for just Dan Quinn's job this time.

Reactions: GNG

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^ Still true.