• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bundesliga Thread 2018-2019

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s wrong with your offense? I remember last year I couldn’t find a Bayern game under 3.5 goals, shit this year I’m pretty sure you had a couple 1-0 games. SMH
It’s a bit baffling. They still create enough opportunities in my opinion. Müller becomes less lethal on offense by the year, but still adds assists. They’re trying to incorporate young players into a scheme this year under Kovac that hasn’t fired on all cylinders for the most part. Lewandowski is still good but players like Coman and Gnabry for instance, Goretzka too, shoot it themselves instead of feeding Lewandowski. Sporadic offense all season.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a bit baffling. They still create enough opportunities in my opinion. Müller becomes less lethal on offense by the year, but still adds assists. They’re trying to incorporate young players into a scheme this year under Kovac that hasn’t fired on all cylinders for the most part. Lewandowski is still good but players like Coman and Gnabry for instance, Goretzka too, shoot it themselves instead of feeding Lewandowski. Sporadic off nose all season.

Yeah, I needed 3 goals yesterday. I got 1. It was more annoying that everyone else in the Bund was able to deliver that yesterday except the game I had. SMH

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I needed 3 goals yesterday. I got 1. It was more annoying that everyone else in the Bund was able to deliver that yesterday except the game I had. SMH
Yeah you make no money when you do 3 way moneyline on Bayern. Usually overs work, but they aren’t consistent. I needed Lewandowski first goal scorer which used to be like clockwork.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Berlin isn’t the shithole team this year that they have been in years passed. They’ve played Bayern well in both matches this season.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you make no money when you do 3 way moneyline on Bayern. Usually overs work, but they aren’t consistent. I needed Lewandowski first goal scorer which used to be like clockwork.

Ohh all’s I do is overs. I love soccer overs. I’m stupid though. But bayern was automatic last year for them. This year not so much.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Berlin isn’t the shithole team this year that they have been in years passed. They’ve played Bayern well in both matches this season.

That’s very true and their goal for and against is damn near even. I should have realized this and bet way less. Oh well ya live and ya learn.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that a slew of players simply don’t like Kovac.

I can’t stand how Kovac plays the defense so far up field. They have gotten burned numerous times due to this. He finally adjusted this for the Liverpool match the other day.

Teams are pressing Bayern more and if Thiago doesn't play they can't figure it out. Also Kovac has been dealt with an old roster (one year past its prime in many cases) and injured roster in some cases. It is a bit of a miracle they are where they are now just behind Dortmund. Robben hasn't played since November, Ribery is shell of himself...that is on Uli and Karl-Heinz. They gave Kovac that aging and injury prone shit on the wings. Then Coman hurt for most of the season (now again of course). Gnabry is good...but look for your teammates dude. Head down shoots first. The wing play has really affected Lewandowski. All this you could see this coming even before the season started.

Midfield: James has sucked overall. Too slow. It works internationally but not in club play. See it here, and saw it at Real Madrid. Time to move on. Then Tolisso tears his ACL in Game 1. Big blow. Goretzka has had a decent year but inconsisent at times. At least he is scoring some. Renato Sanchez....time to move on. Central defense, god awful. Boetang / Hummels horrible most the season up until recently and so slow. Incusable errors that cost points....Dusseldorf, Augsburg, first Dortmund game. Even Kimmich we are finding out not a good defender.

I think it more on Uli/Klauss than Kovac to fix this shit. Still alive in Champions League, 3 points back in Budesliga, alive in Pokal too. So still not bad as results go.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mongengladbach in a free fall. Luckily for them Leverkusen lost. Saw Leverkusen game. Dortmund lucky to get the 3 points. Good win for them though today.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayer Leverkusen. Was wondering if someone would catch that! :D Typo (merger of Leverkusen with Voller due to mad mouse-keyboard disease) - with an unforgiving editing process. :)

That's who I thought you were talking about. ;) I was just messing with ya, though. :suds:

I tend to do that a lot. Like when people say "welp" instead of "well" I give them grief. Or, when somebody says "my (insert team here)", Ima gonna give you grief on that.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mongengladbach in a free fall. Luckily for them Leverkusen lost. Saw Leverkusen game. Dortmund lucky to get the 3 points. Good win for them though today.
Gladbach have been playing blah as of late. Still a pretty good team. I'm sure they'll make at least Europa League.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are pressing Bayern more and if Thiago doesn't play they can't figure it out. Also Kovac has been dealt with an old roster (one year past its prime in many cases) and injured roster in some cases. It is a bit of a miracle they are where they are now just behind Dortmund. Robben hasn't played since November, Ribery is shell of himself...that is on Uli and Karl-Heinz. They gave Kovac that aging and injury prone shit on the wings. Then Coman hurt for most of the season (now again of course). Gnabry is good...but look for your teammates dude. Head down shoots first. The wing play has really affected Lewandowski. All this you could see this coming even before the season started.

Midfield: James has sucked overall. Too slow. It works internationally but not in club play. See it here, and saw it at Real Madrid. Time to move on. Then Tolisso tears his ACL in Game 1. Big blow. Goretzka has had a decent year but inconsisent at times. At least he is scoring some. Renato Sanchez....time to move on. Central defense, god awful. Boetang / Hummels horrible most the season up until recently and so slow. Incusable errors that cost points....Dusseldorf, Augsburg, first Dortmund game. Even Kimmich we are finding out not a good defender.

I think it more on Uli/Klauss than Kovac to fix this shit. Still alive in Champions League, 3 points back in Budesliga, alive in Pokal too. So still not bad as results go.
I'm sure you saw Höness mentioned how they have acquired players but won't mention them yet as as not to upset the current clubhouse.

Agree with you on James and Renato. To be fair, Renato deserves minutes in some more matches. At least Pavard is on his way, possibly Lucas Hernandez too from Atletico. I've been happy with Goretzka this year, which I'm sure is easily considered a 'developmental' year, and the scoring only adds to that positivity.

Hummels and Boateng still flash some brilliance in takeaways, and still pass like the best of them, especially long. Otherwise, they certainly are receding like you mentioned.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard this. Interesting. They need them. I see Rafinha is groaning now. Backup right back who is leaving...nobody cares.
Yeah, Rafinha should be going out more gracefully. Gritty player. Must be nice to have a guy like that in backup when he would start on many rosters.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you saw Höness mentioned how they have acquired players but won't mention them yet as as not to upset the current clubhouse.

Agree with you on James and Renato. To be fair, Renato deserves minutes in some more matches. At least Pavard is on his way, possibly Lucas Hernandez too from Atletico. I've been happy with Goretzka this year, which I'm sure is easily considered a 'developmental' year, and the scoring only adds to that positivity.

Hummels and Boateng still flash some brilliance in takeaways, and still pass like the best of them, especially long. Otherwise, they certainly are receding like you mentioned.

I agree Renato needs more minutes....but really Thiago is the only midfielder they can consistently trust. I am happy with Goretzka too but when not with Thiago he struggles too. Hummels and especially Boateng played and got burned too much trying to play the offside trap too many times and cost points on breakaways. They have stabilized a bit recently though.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have also signed that Arp kid from Berlin for the future besides Pavard. Not doing much for Berlin this year but lit up the U17 Euros and World Cup with 12 goals in 2017. I saw the article and he seems pretty vague on things.
Fiete Arp? He's they guy from Hamburg right?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's who I thought you were talking about. ;) I was just messing with ya, though. :suds:

I tend to do that a lot. Like when people say "welp" instead of "well" I give them grief. Or, when somebody says "my (insert team here)", Ima gonna give you grief on that.
I deserved the grief! :)

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiete Arp? He's they guy from Hamburg right?

Yes. I meant Hamburg. Bundesliga 2 and no goals this year. I expected a bit more being in the 2nd league but he is young.