• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills @ Seattle Seahawks

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills fans livid about the last play too. I didn't see it when it happened but Sherman blasted one of their receivers when Taylor ran out of the pocket.

Looked like a good play to me :lalala:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills fans livid about the last play too. I didn't see it when it happened but Sherman blasted one of their receivers when Taylor ran out of the pocket.

I saw it over on the right side of the EZ. It wasn't the only holding or PI during that last play. Just more bad officiating. Most of us are use to it now. It's like inclement weather you have to deal with it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a player blocks a pass and finishes by roughing the passer they wont call roughing the passer? Now again I'll repeat this. TOUCHING the ball in the holder hands, ISN"T a blocked kick, add in Shermans direction wasn't going at the kicker or that angle to the ball until he realized the holder still had control of it. I'm not saying he tried to hurt anyone or was dirty, but what he did was on purpose to ensure the kick doesn't get airborne.
So Sherman could have taken the ball out of the holder hand and while doing so, could run into the kicker, is that right? If a player blocks or touches the ball, then it's not a running into a kicker penalty.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Sherman could have taken the ball out of the holder hand and while doing so, could run into the kicker, is that right? If a player blocks or touches the ball, then it's not a running into a kicker penalty.
If he unnecessarily runs into the kicker yes, he could be flagged.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe if he wasn't a pussy like Carpenter he would've been open

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this such a big deal? I've been told plenty of times that the only calls or no calls that have an effect on who wins or loses are ones on final play of the game. I see the goalposts moving quickly.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the Bills fans see the "iffy" roughing the passer penalty against Thomas on that last drive. How about several holding calls that were not called on the Bills. If anyone watch the "whole" game they would have seen several penalties that were not called on both teams.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defenses and good running games usually spell success in the NFL playoffs... Were not ready yet... But that doesn't mean we can't be at the end of the year... Rawls will be a big thing for us, also getting healthy on defense... Missing Kam and Bennett is huge for us right now...

Was that on the last play ? Also what's the rule on that if the QB leaves the pocket and starts to run ? Doesn't that give the DB the right to hit back at that point because the receiver can now be a blocker ? MAN if that was the last play Sherman really risked that one, Bills would a had a couple more shots from even closer...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he unnecessarily runs into the kicker yes, he could be flagged.
Not if he touched the ball first. If a player blocks a kick, then he will not be penalized for running into the kicker.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defenses and good running games usually spell success in the NFL playoffs... Were not ready yet... But that doesn't mean we can't be at the end of the year... Rawls will be a big thing for us, also getting healthy on defense... Missing Kam and Bennett is huge for us right now...

Was that on the last play ? Also what's the rule on that if the QB leaves the pocket and starts to run ? Doesn't that give the DB the right to hit back at that point because the receiver can now be a blocker ? MAN if that was the last play Sherman really risked that one, Bills would a had a couple more shots from even closer...
Yes if the QB leaves the pocket he then becomes a runner and you can push off on a blocker.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes if the QB leaves the pocket he then becomes a runner and you can push off on a blocker.

Gotta play devils advocate ( i do that from time to time). There is a difference between Pushing off and Straight up hard tackling a guy.

I think that was a little excessive "pushing off there". If i were calling (officiating) the game. I would have thrown a Penalty flag for Unnesscary Roughness

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he touched the ball first. If a player blocks a kick, then he will not be penalized for running into the kicker.
Tell you what, go change your depends, and take it up with Dean Blandino. He's saying what I'm saying and he's in charge of the refs. I'm done trying to reason with you.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed a quote from Blandino during the game. I believe he said it was unecessary roughness. Not a running into the kicker.

Such a B.S. copout, refs can just hide behind "unnecessary roughness" call whenever a play is in doubt

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Cheap Shot fan. If i see one Yellow flag comes outta my pocket.

Maybe Sherman was trying to play through the whistle but it's a Cheap shot.

Even it was against thee home team.
I don't see it as a cheap shot. In fact the continuation by Sherman was the smart way to play it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it wasn't a cheap shot. In fact the continuation by Sherman was the smart way to play it.

Potato, Po-tat-to

And if I see a fight......

I would literly pickup a player and ....

michelle-mccool-belly-to-back-suplex-melina-o.gif