• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bud Norris Appreciation Thread

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 30, 2016: Traded by the Atlanta Braves with a player to be named later, Dian Toscano (minors) and cash to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Caleb Dirks (minors) and Phil Pfeifer (minors). The Atlanta Braves sent Alec Grosser (minors) (July 8, 2016) to the Los Angeles Dodgers to complete the trade.

=====================

He, like me, looks much better with a beard:

Houston+Astros+Photo+Day+h54jP8i2eqTl.jpg

Bud+Norris+Dodgers+.png

And, yeah, for a guy that the Dodgers added basically for free, what an awesome move, right? In 16 innings for the Dodgers he's got a 6.00 SO/W ratio. His FIP has been a full run lower. Probably won't last, but it's nice, rght?

Nothing spectacular, but the Dodgers had nothing to lose by adding him. His walk percentage for the Dodgers is literally half of his career average so I don't expect him to be a long-term force of stabilization, but hey - he is basically free.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him get moved to the bullpen once Kershaw and Ryu are finally back. He seems like the kinda guy that could re-invent himself as a capable reliever a'la Joe Blanton as he enters his mid-30s (he'll be 32 in March).

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has borderline elite metrics since joining the Dodgers and this was on the heels of a dominate end of Braves tenure. Hope it lasts at least a few more starts..... We need guys to step up without Kershaw

As usual this FO doing a great job with under the radar signings/trades