• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryzy has chip fracture?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip fracture in foot. What the fuck does this mean? Will he be out for any length of long period? Only this team can get a bad break.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're hoping that he'll be back on the ice practicing with the idea that he can play on the weekend," said Holmgren. "It's just going to be a little bit of pain management for Ilya.

"Obviously when you're dealing with something like this, it might be too painful to skate on Friday, but we'll see. He doesn't feel that bad today. We'll see how it is. It's not a thing that surgery is required; it's nothing like (James) van Riemsdyk's broken foot or anything like that. It's a chip off a weight-bearing bone, and the doctor has said it'll be absorbed back into his system, the little chip that's in there, and there's no real risk here at all. It's just he's in a little bit of pain right now

as per doctor Homer

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip fracture in foot. What the fuck does this mean? Will he be out for any length of long period? Only this team can get a bad break.

looks like it takes at least 3-4 weeks to heal.. some can take up to 10 weeks to heal

doesn't appear to be a risky thing to play with though if he can handle the pain (which, evidently he can to some extent.. it happened in warmups last night)

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My understanding is that it takes 4-10 weeks to heal, but is not something that causes a loss of structural integrity. So if he can fit his sakte on it should cast it enough to allow him to play. I guess the issue is how much pain is he in when he pushes off...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that it takes 4-10 weeks to heal, but is not something that causes a loss of structural integrity. So if he can fit his sakte on it should cast it enough to allow him to play. I guess the issue is how much pain is he in when he pushes off...

Nothing that a little Russian vodka wouldn't solve. ; ) They'll spray him up and he'll be fine but I would just give him some time off anyway. Play him in the last game of the year if he's ready so he's sharp for the penqueens....

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I was lucky it was not that bad because I'm tough and Russian."

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be fine, really. With proper treatment, a little rest, plus the excitement/adrenaline of the playoffs, he can't help but be able to play through it and continue to play well.